Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast

I was looking to try out the Dragon Slayer thing myself but wow. Not only do old type Dragon Slayers not drop anymore (and any for sale on ship that have an element on them start at like 5+ mil...and there aren't that many), to hidden potential Dragon Slayer NTs you need boosters that come from a temporary npc????

Welp, guess I'm not trying this then.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Quote Originally Posted by HeyItsTHK View Post
    I was looking to try out the Dragon Slayer thing myself but wow. Not only do old type Dragon Slayers not drop anymore (and any for sale on ship that have an element on them start at like 5+ mil...and there aren't that many), to hidden potential Dragon Slayer NTs you need boosters that come from a temporary npc????

Welp, guess I'm not trying this then.
    Join us and play PSO2es. That's how you're supposed to get the Boosters.

For the record, temporary NPCs stay in the game after they disappear from the lobby. They're just very infrequent and only appear in Trials.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Well that's certainly true. I've gotten Nagisa plenty of times.

Guess I'll figure out how to get it working on Bluestacks or something.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Curious now. I did some quick calculations, and it seemed like the difference from using a Gix sword at mas 20% pot, vs using the 80% dragon slayer would be minimal.(mostly because of the raw atk, and extra element) I dont know how to use the damage calculator, but it would be good if someone could make the comparison.

After some testing, it's actually very close.

Gix:
    Spoiler!

Dragon Slayer:
    Spoiler!

Gear:
    Spoiler!

No crit on Gix because I'm lazy and the crit damage wasn't consistent anyway (probably due to differing enemy defenses or something). Units are 90 atk each, only buffs I had were team tree (maxed) and shifta drink. Outside of ult the damage should be even closer.

Edit: The attack used was JA step attack.
    Player ID: Charmeleon (Ship 2)

Damage calculator says Dragon Slayer should around 13% stronger without ult buster but I didn't really have proper player stats to input. Definitely looks like something is missing if it's Dragon Slayer with ult buster since the damage would be almost equal without it. If the damage wasn't consistent it might be possible one of the enemies has some part with like 1.1 modifier on melee, I don't know if Swiki has released any info about it.

My Dragon Slayer damage is really low in that screenshot for some reason. I was thinking that my level 11 PK ring was messing things up, but when I went to retest it with the ring off, I was doing 26.4k crit with Gix and 30.4k crit with Dragon Slayer.
    Player ID: Charmeleon (Ship 2)

It's within reasonable values then if Dragon Slayer is unaffixed besides ult buster.

For anyone who cares, you can still get free Old Type Dragon Slayers from PSO2es. Dragon Slayer (the Weaponoid) has a chance to give one once per character, and it's a 4s with Soul Receptor and Gift Receptor on it.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

What does the Dragonslayer build look like?

And what's the general way gear and the sword should be set up?