Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683 ... LastLast

I'm planning to be a serious Hu/Fi partisan main, I've seen the dmg it can do in a good players hands and it impresses me. (I adore spears/polearms in games and I think they are underappreciated)

I mean... check this beauty out: (Partisan only PD, 4.29)

What partisan would you guys recommend?

At the moment I'm thinking Qliph. But I was also thinking about waiting for Invade-NT (and then subsequently Austere).
    I'm not sure about the 14* partisan.. at level 3 the potential is: 'Restore PP when Guarding. When the Gear Gauge is maxed, Partizan Gear will not be consumed while airborne. (+9% Power)' Does the guarding count for all guarding (Just Guarding) because I'll be doing that alot. Has anyone actually used this partisan before?

Anyways, I'd love to hear your opinions please, I'm super excited to dive into this.!

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    I'm planning to be a serious Hu/Fi partisan main, I've seen the dmg it can do in a good players hands and it impresses me. (I adore spears/polearms in games and I think they are underappreciated)

I mean... check this beauty out: (Partisan only PD, 4.29)

What partisan would you guys recommend?

At the moment I'm thinking Qliph. But I was also thinking about waiting for Invade-NT (and then subsequently Austere).
    I'm not sure about the 14* partisan.. at level 3 the potential is: 'Restore PP when Guarding. When the Gear Gauge is maxed, Partizan Gear will not be consumed while airborne. (+9% Power)' Does the guarding count for all guarding (Just Guarding) because I'll be doing that alot. Has anyone actually used this partisan before?

Anyways, I'd love to hear your opinions please, I'm super excited to dive into this.!
    Gilde Girola's Potential is twofold.
    1. You basically get bootleg Orbit while holding the Guard button. This means your PP will regenerate crazy fast while the button is pushed down.
    2. Your PAs won't eat up your Gear Gauge while you're in the air, effectively giving you infinite Gear as long as you aren't attacking from the ground.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Gilde Girola's Potential is twofold.
    1. You basically get bootleg Orbit while holding the Guard button. This means your PP will regenerate crazy fast while the button is pushed down.
    2. Your PAs won't eat up your Gear Gauge while you're in the air, effectively giving you infinite Gear as long as you aren't attacking from the ground.
    wow okay, a must get then for a partisan main! The pp regeneration while guarding sounds rather cool I must admit (edit: I've just seen a video of it and holy shit that pp regenerates quick.), and the infinite gear so long as I'm airborne, though conditional, its easy to meet.

Just a sidenote but you gotta be aware than Mother campaign patch got rid of GSA Volg bug (when throwing a volg, then triggering guard stance advance before applying damage to the target, the volg would for some reason benefit from guard stance advance, making it insanely powerful), so it effectively threw a dent in part's capability, so you can't replicate such a PD run anymore

What is the preferred stance nowadays for Hunter? Been a while since I really messed with Hunter, and is automate still somewhat mandatory?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Just a sidenote but you gotta be aware than Mother campaign patch got rid of GSA Volg bug (when throwing a volg, then triggering guard stance advance before applying damage to the target, the volg would for some reason benefit from guard stance advance, making it insanely powerful), so it effectively threw a dent in part's capability, so you can't replicate such a PD run anymore
    Damn, the thing is I checked out their tree and guard stance doesn't have stats in it, this is their tree.

Were they just getting those numbers from the pure SATK statdump or am I missing something? (I'm sorry, I'm new to hunter)

EDIT: this is a PD run that the same player uploaded yesterday. Which is even quicker than the last one
    Last edited by Electrochemist; Mar 7, 2018 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    What is the preferred stance nowadays for Hunter? Been a while since I really messed with Hunter, and is automate still somewhat mandatory?
    Both stances are useful, Guard stance is slightly more damage and more tankiness, but you need to manage your just guards to not lose Guard Stance advance, therefore you tend to keep it for raid bosses and/or very spam heavy content like UQ. On the other hand, Fury is slightly less damage but doesn't require any management or Just Guard window, so you generally keep it for mobbing fests like seasonals and Yamato

Automate for HU is really more of a weapon dependent thing.
    -Optional for sword simply because you have so many ways to stop incoming damage, and Nova Strike aside, all PAs are cancellable by weapon action. If you play your cards well, between Weapon action, All Guard and Charge parry, you can almost literally never get hit.

- Recommended for Partizan because you might want to tank damage for the sake of finishing your Volg combos in some situations Additionally, almost everything is step cancellable, but very few PAs are WA cancellable, making it somewhat less safe than Sword

-Almost mandatory for WL since most of its strong PA can't be cancelled by anything, or lose a lot from being cancelled, so you will more than likely facetank quite a lot in most content.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    Damn, the thing is I checked out their tree and guard stance doesn't have stats in it, this is their tree.

Were they just getting those numbers from the pure SATK statdump or am I missing something? (I'm sorry, I'm new to hunter)

EDIT: this is a PD run that the same player uploaded yesterday. Which is even quicker than the last one
    Those numbers pretty much fall in line with that partizan can do actually. My tree has much less S-ATK, my units aren't that good, and Atra slot being taken by rifle, I'm using Autumn Part. Also never did a run with phaleg Choco either With that said I hit about 10% less than the video on solo PD, so I think it checks out with the stat differential.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Mar 8, 2018 at 05:32 AM.

Can anyone explain me how the L / JG Sonic Arrow ring works? Lets's say you Charge Parry five times normally in the 1.5 sec duration, take no damage and gain 100PP. Will the ring fire arrows five times? Are you still invulnerable for 1.5 sec or shit will hit me hard during JG Sonic Arrow?

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Can anyone explain me how the L / JG Sonic Arrow ring works? Lets's say you Charge Parry five times normally in the 1.5 sec duration, take no damage and gain 100PP. Will the ring fire arrows five times? Are you still invulnerable for 1.5 sec or shit will hit me hard during JG Sonic Arrow?
    The JG rings only proc on normal just guards with the weapon action. I think they all have i-frames for the whole PA, just like you get i-frames right after a JG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    The JG rings only proc on normal just guards with the weapon action. I think they all have i-frames for the whole PA, just like you get i-frames right after a JG.
    . swiki said For swords, there are charge padding and ignite padling so it's easy to use them properly. and got my hopes up for nothing, I guess i'll look for some other ring.