Page 60 of 116 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    The anime has a REALLY crappy timeslot in Japan, so the likelihood of baseball or golf or a marathon is pretty slim. Depending on channel, it's sometime between 1-3AM.
    Isn't almost all anime relegated to the dead of night unless it is incredibly popular or a kids show?

I'm under the impression that even pretty popular non-anime shows get shown in the middle of the night.

Zepy of the now defunct Canned Dogs wrote an article a long time ago about how anime budget works.
    If I recall correctly, all the budget for the anime originally goes towards the TV broadcast slot.
    That's why TV animes tend to look like rubbish.
    They make their profits from DVD, Blu-Ray, etc. That's why those versions look way better.

Some fun examples!:
    https://sociorocketnewsen.files.word...ng?w=580&h=327
    http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...slqutzcmvp.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Xmbpqjt.jpg
    https://img2.sankakucomplex.com/wp-c...d-revision.jpg

In general, JP TV networks sound like a huge pain up the ass to deal with.
    I've heard they're very obnoxious and persistent about forcing you to sign up with them as well.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 13, 2016 at 11:56 AM.

On topic of week break, either way this is one of those anime that I watch when I get to it and don't mind if it misses a week.

Meanwhile I'm still at the edge of my seat for Utawarerumono / Durarara / Koukako no Pandora / Dimension W.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Quote Originally Posted by AkuTenshiiZero View Post
    If you were to ask me in 2012 if PSO2 should get a US release, I'd have said hell yes. Now? No. It absolutely should not. PSO2 has evolved into something that would have little to no appeal to a western audience, with too much focus on dressing up your digital waifu to be as kawaii desu ne as possible. Sorry, but that just doesn't have mainstream appeal over here.

If they actually gave a damn about story or gameplay anymore it would be different, but we all know they'd drop all of that if they could in favor of making this a glorified Second Life.
    Well Episode 1-3 is alot of game
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Always wondering...

If they want to make a prequel so much, why not introducing the whole plot of Oracle, ARKS founding, Elder Wars, Three Heroes, Council of Six.

Those are mentioned in just a few cut scenes and its like "oops, they are great that time, dun ask me why, just pure great." Making it from minutes long to 20+ minutes long should be.... not impossible?

But oh well whatever, the nowadays norm is highschool here highschool there anyway. *sigh* back to my Schwarzesmarken then until next episode shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSpectre View Post
    Always wondering...

If they want to make a prequel so much, why not introducing the whole plot of Oracle, ARKS founding, Elder Wars, Three Heroes, Council of Six.

Those are mentioned in just a few cut scenes and its like "oops, they are great that time, dun ask me why, just pure great." Making it from minutes long to 20+ minutes long should be.... not impossible?

But oh well whatever, the nowadays norm is highschool here highschool there anyway. *sigh* back to my Schwarzesmarken then until next episode shows up.
    It's only a prequel for episode 4 anyway, chronologically the anime takes place in that 2 year gap between episode 3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSpectre View Post
    Always wondering...

It's what most people asked when the anime project was announced. Instead of what we have now, why not animating the PD saga + the side story instead? This anime is called 'a waste of potential' for good reason *shrug*

Also, no one commenting on the next episode's title at all?
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Fun story a Canadian friend once shared with me:
    That friend went to see Mononoke Hime at the theater, and the Pokemon film also screening that night had sold out of tickets.
    So a bunch of parents with kids decided to see Mononoke Hime instead, because it's a "cartoon"! Has to be for kids, right?
    Nope. Immediate bloodshed and decapitation. Shock! Horror!
    I will share a case of a movie, supposedly for children all ages according to ratings, Ponyo, as other Miyazaki movies it was distributed by Disney. The movie is 100% innocent, there is no violence at all, but I remember clearly while watching the movie I told my friend something like "I'm doubtful this movie is suitable for children, those scenes are quite disturbing and bizzare", just after the scene of the tsunami with the "live" waves. A few minutes later after some weird character appeared again a child break to cry in the cinema, and his father took him out.

In this case it was not the father's fault, the movie was clearly rated for all public, it was just badly ratted since that movie has some scenes made of the stuff of nightmares lol This reminds me of Zelda Wind Waker, with a rating of +3 (GC version) xdd because the game is cleeearly less violent and disturbing than any other zelda game with a rating of +12...

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

People love dressup; making your character look cool, silly, or cute is something everyone likes at some level. Saying that doesn't have "mainstream appeal" is an outright lie.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I will share a case of a movie
    Hah. That makes me glad I didn't watch Ponyo. It looked kinda bizarre from the trailer.
    It doesn't seem like many people like that film.

Amusing that the ratings failed, but same old I guess.