Page 20 of 116 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    The MC is nothing like Kirito... Like... in any way other than having black hair and playing an online game.
    Shhh, dont bring logic into this. SAO is totally the only and first anime to done the videogame setting

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

What about Code Lyoko

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Shhh, dont bring logic into this. SAO is totally the only and first anime to done the videogame setting
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    What about Code Lyoko
    Haha I'm sure that was joke.

(or at least I hope )
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Nah I just wanted to remind people about that steaming pile

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSpectre View Post
    Advice on Newbs who join after the airing of first episode of PSO2TA:

Please do not use gunslash and thinking it'll be OP although the MC used it like naturally and OP (though likely in N difficulty) because you are NOT MC.
    That's another thing I meant to point out. A friend gives advice to the protagonist in the form of a large report it obviously took him hours to write. In that time, he could have just sat with his friend and given him advice as he played.
    And if the main piece of advice he had was that gunslash was the preferable weapon to main, he probably wasted his time.

I fear it would be too much to hope that said friend is simply a massive troll. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    That's another thing I meant to point out. A friend gives advice to the protagonist in the form of a large report it obviously took him hours to write. In that time, he could have just sat with his friend and given him advice as he played.
    And if the main piece of advice he had was that gunslash was the preferable weapon to main, he probably wasted his time.
    His friend was busy so he gave him a report on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    The MC is nothing like Kirito... Like... in any way other than having black hair and playing an online game.
    well, he does come across and pretty generic and uninspired. it's too early to tell if he will also be a whiny bitch.

off the mc point and onto the series itself, the first episode was pretty amazing. it's so bad that it's actually entertaining. it falls somewhere between an advertisement and a parody. the fact that when he logs into the game everyone is standing around waiting for an eq to start (and there is a random person dancing on the stairs) is awesome.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryziou View Post
    His friend was busy so he gave him a report on it.
    thus putting in more time and effort than if he just played with him.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
    it's so bad that it's actually entertaining.
    I didn't get that. The only entertaining part before the PSO2iness kicked in was listing off all the anime cliches it was using. If you separate the anime into scenes, you can pretty much name each scene by trope.
    "The scene where the protagonist messes up to be more endearing."
    "The scene where the protagonist blankly asks what something is to shoehorn exposition."
    "The scene which introduces the side character by having everyone say how great she is at everything."
    "The scene where the protagonist is picked on by his friends so he's more relatable."

Luckily, those were broken up by scenes explaining how great PSO2 was so things wouldn't get stale.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
    well, he does come across and pretty generic and uninspired. it's too early to tell if he will also be a whiny bitch.
    The problem with Kirito was that he was too good at everything right off the bat, and the whole series sort of revolved around how awesome he was compared to everyone else. Like, most of the other characters barely got to do anything for themselves. The MC in this seem to have a knack for PSO2, but let's face it, they definitely played up the part where Solo helped him. He's an entirely separate character type from Kirito, and I feel like the people comparing them don't even know why Kirito, and by extension SAO was so, for lack of a better word, bad, and just hate on him because it's the cool thing to do.
    *rantrantrant*

EDIT: The student council chick is more like Kirito...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    "The scene where the protagonist is picked on by his friends so he's more relatable."
    The scenes where he was just hanging out with his friends were actually the best ones to me. That might just be because in most anime like this the MC for whatever reason only has like... 1 friend if any irl.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jan 12, 2016 at 02:35 PM.