Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Question Gunner / Tec class

Hello

I just started not long ago and I'm attempting the class Gunner / Tec.
    I am just wonder what is the communitys thoughts on this and if there is any
    guides that can help me out with the skill trees xD

Thanks!
    -Lev

I think Fo/Gu used to be a decent gimmick combo because of s-roll and chain trigger. Since s-roll got nerfed, it isn't as good though. I think it's still possible, but involves switching weapons to a talis or rod to finish the chain iirc.

s-roll and chain trigger
    I assume S- roll is the shift dodge right? sadly I don't understand alot of the lingo in pso2 yet xD

So far this is how I am playing the class:
    Twin guns I use these for melee purpose only really or if i'm in a pinch ( surrounded by enemies )
    Rifle is what I change to when im supporting others and deal out heavy damage at range
    the gunslash i don't really use that often at all xD

the only ability's on my hotbar are the buffs and heals otherwise i dont know what tec abilitys I should use.

Quote Originally Posted by Levlia View Post
    I assume S- roll is the shift dodge right? sadly I don't understand alot of the lingo in pso2 yet xD

So far this is how I am playing the class:
    Twin guns I use these for melee purpose only really or if i'm in a pinch ( surrounded by enemies )
    Rifle is what I change to when im supporting others and deal out heavy damage at range
    the gunslash i don't really use that often at all xD

the only ability's on my hotbar are the buffs and heals otherwise i dont know what tec abilitys I should use.
    There's a skill gunners get that increases the damage you do if you perform a just attack right after an s-roll, it's only a +10% bonus max now so it's not worth it anymore, but it used to be +100% damage, and since it worked with techs you could do some crazy stuff.

If you aren't sure of what you're doing I can't recommend trying a setup like gu/fo or gu/te though. Without the right weapons and skills you're just a gunner with megiverse, zanverse, and subpar shifta/deband.

Also, if you're maining Gu and not using mech guns often you might want to consider going ranger instead, but I'm not really sure what your ultimate goal is gameplay wise.

TeGu is maybe, but GuTe is no go, since it renders your shifta and deband useless and without those you are not a Techer.

Ultimate goal eh

I guess it would have to be close range support with guns, cause I don't enjoy the swordplay all that much ingame. I really like the action style of the gunner since I'm comfortable dodging, and i felt that tech was interesting cause I am usto playing buff and healing classes in mmo's.

The reason I didn't go ranger is for the fact I don't like using the rocket guns xD

The whole reason i asked is so I could find out what are the right weapons and skills i need to learn
    also so I can figure out what players mean by megiverse, zanverse but I do know what shifta/ deband is xD

Ultimate goal eh

I guess it would have to be close range support with guns, cause I don't enjoy the swordplay all that much ingame. I really like the action style of the gunner since I'm comfortable dodging, and i felt that tech was interesting cause I am usto playing buff and healing classes in mmo's.

The reason I didn't go ranger is for the fact I don't like using the rocket guns xD

The whole reason i asked is so I could find out what are the right weapons and skills i need to learn
    also so I can figure out what players mean by megiverse, zanverse but I do know what shifta/ deband is xD
    Megiverse is a Tech that creates a field that has HP Absorb, and Zanverse creates a field that adds extra ticks of damage. The other support Tech, Zondeel, creates a vacuum that sucks in enemies and holds them for a few seconds.

Ultimate goal eh

As someone who likes playing support: it's not worth going for as a primary playstyle, in PSO2. You'd probably get more out of GU/RA or something if you don't like normal melee.

I honestly don't know much about Te/Gu builds as far as gear goes, only that they involve using t-atk mech guns with chain trigger and techs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    TeGu is maybe, but GuTe is no go, since it renders your shifta and deband useless and without those you are not a Techer.
    Gu/Te best zanverses on the other hand

Alrighty I guess for the tec ill focus more on the resta and the attack ability's since buffs are
    considered useless since they do not last long.
    I'm also noticing that my twin gun damage seems low lvl 40 and they hit for 90 - 100 only my Pa's are hitting above 1000 but my R- attack is at 1400 and the T gun are at 700+

do I have to raise my dex in order for the N attack to rise?

Gu/Te best zanverses on the other hand
    I haven't gotten that ability yet, once I get it ill give it a shot :I

thanks guys by the way this is helping me figure alot of stuff out!!