Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Levlia View Post
    Alrighty I guess for the tec ill focus more on the resta and the attack ability's since buffs are considered useless since they do not last long.
    Eh, you just need to renew them regularly.

do I have to raise my dex in order for the N attack to rise?
    God no. Dex only lowers the damage variance and is generally held to be just about the single most useless stat in the game.

And basic attacks are kinda useless in general, mainly good for things like PP regen, setting up Just Attacks and cycling through the PA chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Levlia View Post
    Alrighty I guess for the tec ill focus more on the resta and the attack ability's since buffs are
    considered useless since they do not last long.
    I'm also noticing that my twin gun damage seems low lvl 40 and they hit for 90 - 100 only my Pa's are hitting above 1000 but my R- attack is at 1400 and the T gun are at 700+

do I have to raise my dex in order for the N attack to rise?
    While more r-atk would help, a big part of the reason you aren't doing a lot of damage is because tech classes don't actually have many damage multipliers for non-tech weapons. Percent bonuses are very important. I think Te's shifta strike (a main class skill) and element weak hit are the only skills out of both of them that do.

Gunner/Techer has a niche in having the strongest possible Zanverse, but is pretty trash outside of that. If you're looking to play for the mechs, use Gunner/Ranger.

Might as well go Gu/Bo if you want to use techs.
    Ship2:
    xCherryRose lvl Bo 80+/Br 75+/Fo 75+/Gu 75+/Fi 75+/Hu 75+/Te 75+/Ra 50+/Su 75+/Hero 14.

Generally speaking, in PSO2, hybrid classes don't work. While I understand people have more fun playing with class combinations without focusing on one role type, it effectively kills your usefulness in parties.

There are 2 things you need to remember:
    1. There are no real "roles" in PSO2. The only "role" is damage dealing. This is possible for every main class if set up with a complimentary sub class and decent equipment.
    2. Playing what you want for your enjoyment is fine, but remember that this is an online game where you play with other people. The enjoyment of everyone in the party far outweighs the enjoyment of a single person. I'm not saying to forget doing what you're doing and mindlessly follow the norm. You should find a group of people that like to play whatever class they want like you do. Otherwise, you'll have to build a strong class setup together with your own setup, so you can party with other people using the strong setup, and play however you want on solo missions.

... That went on far longer than I wanted it to.

But BR/HU is a hybrid class and a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Hence the "generally speaking" part at the beginning. Obviously there are a few hybrids that work, but most are quite inefficient.

GU/HU is the only way to play mechguns.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    It's not played as a hybrid, though, it's played as the incredible hulk holding a swiss army knife and leaving the bow at home.

As for tech & range hybrid play, most MPAs complain about lack of weak bullet, and most MPAs are happy with techer support. Put that together on one TERA and you have 11 other players to carry you while you kiss their boo boos better and dictate targets for them to focus on. If you can get 6 people doing damage in range of your zanverse (4 with max wind mastery & a wind boosting weapon), they do more on average from the zanverse bonus damage than anything you could be doing yourself in that timeframe.

As a bonus, you can use the ヒュリオスノーティ rifle with bullet pp save on ranger tree and cast techs more cheaply while weak bullet is loaded. It's only got 780 t-atk at +10 so not as cool as the rikauteri but it's better than nothing.

Speaking of Rikauteri, that's probably the key to one of the more interesting niche builds (and the Vibrace bow before it), FOBR, which works as a normal force as long as you like but can switch to the bow and abuse banish arrow with bows with high t-atk to perform devastating combos on anything that lives long enough to soak it up. It's not guntecher but it is arcane archer.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaSolstice View Post
    Might as well go Gu/Bo if you want to use techs.
    Is that actually even useable? I was looking at the weapon camo list the other day and wondered why there were Dual Blade/Twin MG/Twin Dagger multi-camos when Gu/Bo and Gu/Fi sound fairly hopeless.