Thread: te/br vs fo/br

Default te/br vs fo/br

hi, im trying to decide for a main for mi tech user character i was wondering if anyone could give me a general idea of how the gameplay differ between these 2 combinations, the chose of using br as main is because i heard that weak stance kinda fix the need of having to use multiple skill trees, and because i allready had a lv 61 br and it saves me having to lv a sub class xD. the only things i know is that apparently both classes use the rikauteri bow for bossing, and that techer mobs with wide zoondel/melee attacks where fo just uses aoe techs

i would really apreciate if i could get an insight of the differences between both combinations; where does fo/br shines/lacks above te/br and vice versa

NOTE: i use a logitech mouse with several side buttons so a rainbow set with corresponding skills for easy swithching to make the most use of weak stance and elemental convertion is not a problem
    Last edited by Batty; Jan 24, 2016 at 07:47 PM.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Fo/br is stronger than Fote but falls behind in pp regen. So its not good for constant damage. the best use is for banish bossing and burst damage. It's mostly outdated for XH or just used as a TA class.

Te/br i have no idea how it plays so i wont say anything about it.

Fo/Br nukes harder with Rikau than Te/Br, except for Light/Dark in which Te/Br wins slightly, if you have my stats/trees at least.

Fo/Br can hit harder with Talis too, but Zondeel and the other support techs for example have a very small radius compared to /Te/, and while Fo/Br has the highest, non mastery multipliers for techs... Te/Br has insane multipliers with Wand smacks in big clumps of enemies, and those need no masteries to be absurdly high either~!

Level both Fo and Te and see for yourself, we are getting a reset skill pass soon anyways (right?).

I would just use all 3 (Fo/Br, Te/Br, Fo/Te) depending on your mood, available weapons, and of course the stage... sometimes mobs can't be Zondeel'd, sometimes you really should Zondeel them, sometimes everything is one element, sometimes your Weak Stance will only be in effect for half the monsters in a spawn...

What do you want to do with your teching combination?

fobr is literally just very specific ta stuff otherwise fote and tebr

Subbing BR still won't let you avoid needing multiple still trees if you want to be the most optimal, since you'll still need the main class's skill tree to have the element mastery for the stage. And you'll also need to level both FO and TE to go with BR since the two offer different element masteries.
    Just stick with FOTE. BR-sub only offers stronger regular techniques over FOTE at the cost of PP management inferiority, but FOTE can still do more compound tech damage than XXBR unless the enemy is double weak to both elements of the compound tech (or if you hit a weak spot, I guess), which is very rare. The only case of that that I can think of currently is Zandion versus Gryphon.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Jan 25, 2016 at 05:41 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

what about /fi

FOFI and TEFI have been sub-optimal class combinations for a long time now, since for either of the two, XXBR can do similar things better, and also has Banish Arrow combos on top of that.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).