Page 233 of 318 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233234235236243283 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3179

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    Basically, everyone in Mother Cluster was someone who had certain issues in life, or perspectives, that made Mother feel very comforting and... motherly... to them. I don't think she would have been an antagonist if she didn't have this obsession with the Photoners, because even when I began to doubt her love for Earth, I eventually saw it again in how she spoke with Aratron.

I don't understand how she was a defective Xion clone though, her obsession with her creators is the only thing I see being an issue, and even then, the original Xion also fell into an emotional trap, her loneliness in being a universal observer led to bad decisions, ending up at the creation of the Profound Darkness.
    Well,not perfect in Photoner's term I'll say.And thanks to them,she developed little inferior complex and massive hatred for them.
    Ship 8 : ライト=ザ=ホワイトエッジ(Light=The=Whiteedge),風間 聡美(Kazama Satomi),CxL=ザ=ブラックエッジ(CxL=The=Blackedge)

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Edit: Are those new set of Loser music available yet?
    They're actually the same as normal Angel and Loser. Must be a placeholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

[138-D]
    Spoiler!

[138-E]
    Spoiler!

[139-B]
    Spoiler!

[139-D]
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    That's basically what I understood from the seen, Aratron is just taking responsibility for starting it, by seeing how it ends. I mean, what can he do anyways? He can't stop Mother on his own, even if he wanted to.
    He can transform into a Knight Gear-like monster capable of holding off a party that includes the feared Player for a decent amount of time and then even after beaten, had enough energy to hold off an incoming wave of Esca Darkers. Pretty sure he really could have done something to stop Mother, even if it meant his life.
    Last edited by loafhero; Dec 10, 2016 at 08:40 AM.

Was Ardem's view toward humanity being stall and devolving is recent or something he had been experience overtime? I'm not sure myself but I think Erdem was hasty about humanity stalled. IRL development wise in the 20th-21th century seems like the fastest humanity had done in terms of development, technologywise and even social. So I'm not even sure what he's talking about. Sure we still had some parts of the world still backwards and stuff, but what made him decide to rush things to the extremes?

Was Ardem's view toward humanity being stall and devolving is recent or something he had been experience overtime? I'm not sure myself but I think Erdem was hasty about humanity stalled. IRL development wise in the 20th-21th century seems like the fastest humanity had done in terms of development, technologywise and even social. So I'm not even sure what he's talking about. Sure we still had some parts of the world still backwards and stuff, but what made him decide to rush things to the extremes?
    Its worth noting that PSO2's Earth takes place roughly in the 2030's or 2050's as I recall and that there might be a lack of any kind of advancement from 2016 to then, at least from Ardem's view. Still, PSO2 Earth seems pretty advanced and there doesn't seem to be any hint that its in danger of regressing.

It could simply be Ardem's own bias views, hubris and a bit of power madness as a result of being fed up with all the wars and minor conflicts he's constantly having to put up with personally. Not to mention that Ardem is apparently really old, having been on Earth since ancient times and has been seen as either a god or a prophet in the eyes of those ancient civilization so he's mind is probably a little messed up from living too long. It could be that this is merely Ardem's inflated ego and him thinking lowly of Earthlings distorting his views on humanity. That humanity is considered in danger of regressing in his eyes simply because they've grown smart and independent enough to not become so reliant on a false god or prophet like Ardem telling them what to do with their lives.

Was Ardem's view toward humanity being stall and devolving is recent or something he had been experience overtime? I'm not sure myself but I think Erdem was hasty about humanity stalled. IRL development wise in the 20th-21th century seems like the fastest humanity had done in terms of development, technology-wise and even social. So I'm not even sure what he's talking about. Sure we still had some parts of the world still backwards and stuff, but what made him decide to rush things to the extremes?
    Ardem is simply too old at this point. I guess it's a combination between, "The old time was great. Present time sucks"; and himself looking at the state of the world prior to Mother Cluster's emergence (as well as aether and ESC-A). Also, if we're going to mention RL into this; while it is true technology is advancing at fast rate; but honestly I see the progress on social and way of thinking is really slow. Even close to stagnant (At least in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Its worth noting that PSO2's Earth takes place roughly in the 2030's or 2050's as I recall and that there might be a lack of any kind of advancement from 2016 to then, at least from Ardem's view. Still, PSO2 Earth seems pretty advanced and there doesn't seem to be any hint that its in danger of regressing.
    it's also important to note that PSO2 Earth started to get technology breakthrough after they discovered aether (and Hagito created the QoL apps). Also, Ardem said it himself (later on on Mother's chamber) that even with the technological breakthrough Earthlings get from aether, Earthling's body and mindset are still on the same state as it was prior to aether's discovery.
    Last edited by Zeroem; Dec 10, 2016 at 10:06 AM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

I believe this quote was made because people's views tend to change as they get older. You might have once though that saving and helping humans was the best, but later on might notice that it ends up being more of the "same old shit another day" story and decide that getting rid of X group of humans is the best choice.

I would touch more on the subject but I would rather not sound like a sociopath.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Dec 10, 2016 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroem View Post
    Also, Ardem said it himself (later on on Mother's chamber) that even with the technological breakthrough Earthlings get from aether, Earthling's body and mindset are still on the same state as it was prior to aether's discovery.
    Well, that's pretty much a given when you use alien help (Mother) to accelerate technological advancements to a point that Earthling body and mindset are, more or less, left in the dust in the process.

i feel like ardem got the same logic like senator armstrong from mgr

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    i feel like ardem got the same logic like senator armstrong from mgr
    Senator Armstrong from MGR wanted to push the reset button on the world, making it start from scratch (with him conveniently at the top). Ardem is the opposite. Ardem wants to push the fast forward button (with him conveniently at the top).