Page 112 of 318 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 3179

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    I wouldn't doubt that they wanted you to hate Bethor and find him obnoxious, because I really hated him too, he got my nerves in just the right way to make beating him somewhat enjoyable.
    I didn't get any enjoyment out of it. The fight was unsatifying, and being robbed of the privilege of ridding the world of him only made it more so.

Also, I don't really get anything out of hating a villain for being annoying. I'd much rather hate a villain for being implacable, or diabolical. I... never perceived Bethor as a threat.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

I liked fighting Bethor, from a gameplay standpoint. It wasn't the most engaging fight, but it was actually a boss fight. The way it was themed around him felt pretty nice.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    I... never perceived Bethor as a threat.
    Based on the direction the story went, you weren't supposed to. Same with Hagito. I definitely preferred Hagito being an ineffectual idiot putting on an act of being in control compared to... whatever Bethor was doing.

Can't we all at least agree that Phaleg is a huge improvement when it comes to EP4's Mother Cluster bosses? Phaleg isn't as gimmicky as Hagito and Bethor was. She cuts straight through the bullshit and actually fights you directly with some badass-looking movements. She actually feels like a proper boss.

That she treats Hitsugi and Enga, and Mother Cluster to an extent, like a joke while acknowledging Player-chan (I'm the one who started the trend of using that name after hearing Bethor using it in the Story) as a worthy opponent made me a fan of hers.

Its like the story directors are aware of how much of a joke Mother Cluster has been so far so they created a villain whose entire character is a complete mockery of Mother Cluster, from Phaleg's IDGAF attitude towards Mother Cluster, to her powers being unrelated to Ether, to the point that she doesn't even wear their uniforms opting to wear a full black attire (the exact opposite color of Mother Cluster).

Quote Originally Posted by gabor100 View Post
    Why aren't we seeing Kohri? Nobody miss her?
    I certainly don't care about Kohri. Her voice is very grating. Watching the clip of Hagito slapping her and watching it repeatedly was extremely cathartic for me.

Considering the explaination about Earth Guides how they themselves existed since ancient times, Phaleg might probably be a witch of the old era before the whole ether thing and mother cluster even started, and she just joined in for lulz, DGAF whatever they're doing and just observe. She might be an ally or an enemy, but who knows. Someone did say that she isn't even using ether, so....might be the rarely used term known as magic?

Quote Originally Posted by gabor100 View Post
    Why aren't we seeing Kohri? Nobody miss her?
    Really no,her personality is quite annoying me.Seeing all that Hagito's doing and she still believe in Mother Cluster is a little bit annoying.
    Beside,the hood one that appeared with Dr.DIO(Ophiel) before Dr. killed Bethor is probably Kohri.(Well,Judging from her hairstyle and past event of course)
    Ship 8 : ライト=ザ=ホワイトエッジ(Light=The=Whiteedge),風間 聡美(Kazama Satomi),CxL=ザ=ブラックエッジ(CxL=The=Blackedge)

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Considering the explaination about Earth Guides how they themselves existed since ancient times, Phaleg might probably be a witch of the old era before the whole ether thing and mother cluster even started, and she just joined in for lulz, DGAF whatever they're doing and just observe. She might be an ally or an enemy, but who knows. Someone did say that she isn't even using ether, so....might be the rarely used term known as magic?
    In before the history of earth happened in 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Can't we all at least agree that Phaleg is a huge improvement when it comes to EP4's Mother Cluster bosses? Phaleg isn't as gimmicky as Hagito and Bethor was. She cuts straight through the bullshit and actually fights you directly with some badass-looking movements. She actually feels like a proper boss.

That she treats Hitsugi and Enga, and Mother Cluster to an extent, like a joke while acknowledging Player-chan (I'm the one who started the trend of using that name after hearing Bethor using it in the Story) as a worthy opponent made me a fan of hers.

Its like the story directors are aware of how much of a joke Mother Cluster has been so far so they created a villain whose entire character is a complete mockery of Mother Cluster, from Phaleg's IDGAF attitude towards Mother Cluster, to her powers being unrelated to Ether, to the point that she doesn't even wear their uniforms opting to wear a full black attire (the exact opposite color of Mother Cluster).
    I'm pretty sure it was intentional from the start, as it actually sets up the the idea that mother cluster would think of us as a threat in the first place. Think about it, sure Hagito and Bethor are weak compared to us, but they've been, at worst dealing with the earth guides, who seem to have been established as outmatched by them as of now. Then crazy space photon people (who they've probably been stealing tech from in the first place) come and suddenly they aren't the big fish in a small pond anymore.

That said, I'm pretty sure Hagito and Belthor are the only mother cluster members we're going to see who are outright pushovers. Sorting algorithm of evil and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    I'm aware.

When taken on its own, it would merely annoy me because of the condescension involved - but that's to be expected of someone like Bethor. He's a crappy villain, even by villain-of-the-week standards (I was just telling one of my friends last night that I will never denigrate the villains of Sailor Moon again, because the PSO2 Ep. 4 villains are far worse), but a lame minor villain by himself is a forgettable flaw.

However, there are many aspects of Episode 4 and the Tokyo field which feel less-than-real. And others which are very gimmicky.
    1. Fake-looking blue-tinged enemies
    2. Music which calls attention to itself by being intentionally glitchy, leading to the subconscious sense that the game is breaking down
    3. gimmicky mechanics like speed rings and time capsules
    4. A plot that sometimes fails at plausibility.
    5. Continual references to online gaming, doubly so when the name of yhe game is the same as the name of the game I am playing...

...and then you add "Player-chan" to that...

...it is a pile of straws that ultimately breaks the back of verisimilitude.

And once verisimilitude goes, the story rapidly starts to lose any meaning at all.
    Welcome to japanese tokusatsu. Watch Super Sentai and/or Kamen Rider and notice the familiar scenes and battle locations while claiming to be somewhere else, along with, but not limited to, cheesy but semi-believable plot, explosions, giant monsters, gimmicky villains and the power of friendship trumps all.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Chalun-k_x_light View Post
    Beside,the hood one that appeared with Dr.DIO(Ophiel) before Dr. killed Bethor is probably Kohri.(Well,Judging from her hairstyle and past event of course)
    Probably NSFW
    Spoiler!