Page 314 of 318 FirstFirst ... 214264304311312313314315316317 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3179

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Spoiler!
    I find it charming that the player is still exhausted during the cutscene after that vigorous 47 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    Remember only 5% of players are suppose to be able to beat her. Ya'll are obviously lying and the videos of her mechanics being completely ignored are fake.

Ok, I'm done joking. Sega is just stupid.
    They also announced (in the same Bumped report) that damage against her is capped to 999,999, which is odd when she doesn't even have enough health for that to be relevant.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Throwing pillows is exhausting, don't you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    Having attempted it a few more times and finally got my S-rank (2:29 HuFi sword) I'm beginning to think that the "unblockable while on fire" thing is a myth and its simply that Just-Guard Photon Arts are bugged.

This only really matters in the 2nd phase, all her phase 1 attacks are blockable.

In phase 2, her kick shockwaves are unblockable if you're in the wrong position in front of her and her dash attack spawns a firey explosion at some position; meaning if youre in the wrong spot the dash and explosion hit at once. I've also experienced this bug in other fights, which leads me to conclude that Just Guard PAs are only capable of blocking one hitbox per frame. If more than one hits at once (or possibly a frame apart? Not gone that in depth testing it) you'll take damage from the rest of the hitboxes which can interrupt your counter PA. IIRC I have had this happen during an Ignite Parry (get the sound cue that I landed the parry but then get interrupted and take damage anyway).

So it's a bug that's been around for a while, it's just it happens that the nature of Phaleg's attacks in Phase 2 trigger the bug much more frequently. Perhaps Sega will finally take notice of this, cause it'd be nice to have more difficult challenges like this but it's hardly fair to have a set of classes crippled by a bug like this.
    it's funny because this bug has existed since df elder. there is a small position when he does a two arm thrust onto the platform where both arms can hit you simultaneously meaning when you block, you still take a chunk of damage anyway. i wouldn't expect this to be fixed any time soon or at all tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by AnikaSteinberg View Post
    Kind of? Personally I use Nabarta T-0 anywhere, everywhere, it's my wand's "action button", second to TCP ring. It doesn't have to be held down, it doesn't even have to give any damage imo (a welcome added effect for the Phaleg duel tho), it just needs to be pinched a bit, just like a normal Just Guard, so as not to drain PP.
    the damage you get for the pp cost of blocking with nabarta0 is awful... you are much better off stepping and abusing TCP to cast techs that actually do damage. phaleg has very specific openings to use stuff like gimegid or nazan0.

All that commanding and intense concentration, man. Plus the stare downs and epic mind games. Welcome to the PKMN trainer life.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    the damage you get for the pp cost of blocking with nabarta0 is awful...
    Hmm, 11 PP (I said pinch, not hold) per "ice" JG isn't too bad imo. Forces of course have much better options and things to do for Phaleg phase 2, but for Techers it is a very nice i-frame buffed addition, especially with the aforementioned Phaleg's phase 2 multi-kicks that TCP (blocks 1 hit only), (wand) step and JG cannot perfectly evade without some damage leaking through. Not like we whacking Techers have anything to offensively cast for TCP blocking except zanverse and ramegid T-0 anyway

EDIT:
    Though yeah, Nabarta T-0 damage still sucks compared to every other conventional option.
    Last edited by AnikaSteinberg; May 11, 2017 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    it's funny because this bug has existed since df elder. there is a small position when he does a two arm thrust onto the platform where both arms can hit you simultaneously meaning when you block, you still take a chunk of damage anyway. i wouldn't expect this to be fixed any time soon or at all tbh..
    I had a feeling it was an older issue but I didn't really trust my memory that much. Good to know I wasn't crazy and my just guards were occasionally just not working. They may not fix it, I just figured seeing as this fight in particular it's much easier to encounter the bug that more people would become aware of it. Awareness might mean a fix, or the dev team will somehow remain ignorant of it (I mean surely they must have encountered it themselves when they tested the... you know I'm not finishing this thought...).

Assuming that's a perfect copy, Phaleg's arms are unnaturally skinny now that I see them from this angle. Top lel otherwise.

Maron, the real Demon.

Its really too bad that they didn't bother altering the cutscene for a Summoner character. The side cutscene between Pietro and Katori even admits that Summoner doesn't require any physical exertion. Then again, they didn't bother to change Phaleg's facial expression while she's in the midst of delivering that phoenix kick. Just try to keep a straight face as you see Phaleg keep that same expression even though she yells pretty loudly as she does the phoenix kick.

A lot of female chars in this game seem to have really skinny arms.