Page 42 of 318 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344455292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Spoiler!

One thing to note, is that Xiao is indisposed atm, so we report to Ulc.
    That picture explain the ARKS structure better than my stick diagram lol
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroem View Post
    The way I remember the structure, is something like this:

Xiao-->Ulc(-->Theo)--> the new structure of Six Heroes + Quna and Sara

Guardians exist outside that hierarchy, and the only one that can order Guardians around are Xiao. Which means that the Guardian's leader are Xiao. We're just a senior member of the division, since Xiao already mentioned that we are best placed in the field instead of being the head of ARKS (or Guardians head, on this case). Technically, Sierra acted as the third party between Xiao and us, since she's the one that hold the Story Board (Matter Board used to be handed directly to us)

The whole 'illegal ARKS' mission are under Ulc's order. If I remember it correctly (Sierra did mention about this, and Casra didn't deny that), Infomation division's early surveillance are ordered by Ulc. Aika's in bridge as Information division representative for the whole 'Illegal immigrant ARKS' mission on Earth, Earthlings-ARKS representative, and also for her personal reasons. Well, there's also some mention from Aika that Casra suspect this whole matter are inside job, since ARKS are the victim here.

For a sidenote, it's kind of funny that Ulc took our advice back in EP2 to dismantle the Six Heroes struxture in order to create better organization hierarchy post-Luther, after they decided to keep it as it is 2 years ago.
    Except that Shao is incommunicado.

I'd really love to have a translation of that message from Ulc from story chapter 1...
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Earth in this universe seems to be dominated by ESC-A, who are involved with everything from the governmental sector to the civilian sector.

The plot is more or less Terminator: Genisys. ESC-A IS SKYNET.
    I agree that all things point back to ESC-A and Mother Cluster/Trinity/Brain. Which maybe SKYNET. Which case the question still stands. Why isn't the Alt-Earth Defense Force active at least as an Enemy Type? (Hint hint Sega make this happen)

Wouldn't a better comparison be that ESC-A is Vector Industries from Xenosaga. Seeing that the UMN from that game bares striking similarity to the Ethernet of Alt-Earth or Sub-Space from PSP2 and that Vector controlled the UMN?

Either way it's not Hagito was trying hard to keep the whole thing hush hush. Name dropping Mother Cluster within the 1st 5 minutes of his encounter with Hitsugi and Al and all. Maybe Mother wants the ARKS involved for some reason?
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

During my trip to cemetery earlier, it suddenly snapped to my mind how similar the EP4 story to PSO2's player situation.

Just think about it. ARKS(PSO2) suddenly get more influx in 'unregistered ARKS' (gaijins and players outside JP) that connect via the help of Ether (Tweaker). I guess that would make sense that SEGA created EP4 story as a satire and parody toward PSO2's player situation, turned up to eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    Except that Shao is incommunicado.

I'd really love to have a translation of that message from Ulc from story chapter 1...
    For us, he is incommunicando atm. But how about Sierra herself? She can't calculate the Story Board by herself, does she?
    ......Just throwing that out in the open.

Also, I'm sure someone already post the content of what Ulc said in this topic.
    *edit* Kind of found it.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...3&postcount=67

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard V View Post
    I've got to ask, where's the Government in all this? I mean you've got monsters roaming the streets led by psychotic hipster cultist and aliens popping out of thin air. So where's N.A.T.O. or the G.U.N. from the Sonic games or Kamen Rider?
    Well, might be a stretch here, but remember that blue barrier in the character creation demo? Tht might be the reson why things didn't create much panic from Tokyo citizens.They simply can't see what's happening from outside the field......unless you're inside the field.
    Last edited by Zeroem; Apr 8, 2016 at 09:50 PM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.

Based on the EP4 Benchmark vid, all ARKS vs Phantom battles that occur in Tokyo are rendered hidden from regular people through dimensional manipulation. As crazy and over-the-top the Phantoms are, as long as they all remain inside the blue barrier, they won't attract any suspicion.

Its kinda like Kamen Rider Ryuki, in which the the heroes fight monsters (and each other) by entering a parallel "mirror" dimension that looks exactly like their world but with absolutely no one but themselves and the monsters.

With ESC-A having that much power and influence over Earth, they could easily keep any Phantom activity as low-profiled as they can unless they want someone to see the Phantoms.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Its kinda like Kamen Rider Ryuki, in which the the heroes fight monsters (and each other) by entering a parallel "mirror" dimension that looks exactly like their world but with absolutely no one but themselves and the monsters.
    This is an extremely common theme in lots of anime, too. From dark supernatural stuff (X/1999 for an example that will date me...) to magical girl shows (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha jumps to mind) to a number of other types of sources, the ability to generate barriers which will allow you to do all the collateral damage you want without anyone other than the combatants getting hurt is a common device used to allow amping up the power level without making the story all depressing. I think it's even been done in mecha anime now, though it's usually more common in sources where magic is a thing.

In fact, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha even touched on why it's needed, having the title character utterly wreck a city park in an early episode before she learned that skill.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroem View Post
    During my trip to cemetery earlier, it suddenly snapped to my mind how similar the EP4 story to PSO2's player situation.

Just think about it. ARKS(PSO2) suddenly get more influx in 'unregistered ARKS' (gaijins and players outside JP) that connect via the help of Ether (Tweaker). I guess that would make sense that SEGA created EP4 story as a satire and parody toward PSO2's player situation, turned up to eleven.
    That seems a little too intelligent for it to be something thought up by PSO2's story writers.

^Well, gotta remember the 'Log Out' button in English xD
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    That seems a little too intelligent for it to be something thought up by PSO2's story writers.
    You sure that's the case? After all....

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    Well, gotta remember the 'Log Out' button in English xD
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Zeroem; Apr 9, 2016 at 12:43 AM.

Was there ever any mention of what happens to Afin as of EP4? Was looking through some of the older cutscenes and thought it weird how he doesn't really have much prominence in the story, given how he's supposed to be your partner/close friend. Heck, he didn't even help to fight against Luther or PD.