Page 96 of 318 FirstFirst ... 468693949596979899106146196 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Kohri didn't have mother speaking to her until hitsugi came back forcibly via code olympia. Mother would have chosen Hitsugi too if she handed over Aru. Kohri's only friend is Hitsugi, and like a creepy yandere, ensures that the same goes for Hitsugi.
    Oh, so she really is just a regular creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Our PC is friends with Sara.
    What I mean is that some people wouldn't want to be friends with someone who says or looks like their speaking to a voice inside their head unless there's a reasonable circumstance behind it.

Yeah, Playa-chan is friends with Sara but we didn't know that she had a voice in her head for all of EP1. In EP1, Sara was just that cute cliche tsundere girl who hangs around with Maria.

Even in EP2, Sara didn't just outright tell us she has a person speaking in her mind like "Hey, did you know I hear voices in my head?". She introduced Xiao to us first before we learned about their telepathic bond (and said revelation came from Xiao first). Even then, when Sara does telepathically communicate with Xiao, she looks like she's speaking through a comm earpiece (with her hand placed on her ear) instead of like a crazy person.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    Can't we just kill them Mazaa Kasta all and take over the Earth by ourselves? Coz we're ARKZ! The Space Piratez!
    After seeing those few seconds of that Gothic Apostle Lady (Phaleg, was it?) in action in the Vegas update trailer from the latest livestream, I'm actually convinced that might not be an easy task. While Hagito and Bethor gave a pathetic (but entertaining) impression of Mother Cluster and Ophiel's multi-scalpel kill doesn't look like an attack we can't dodge or Just Guard are way out, lets not forget that Hagito's Yamato forced ARKS to use AISs against them. ARKS won but if a wimp like Hagito could summon something of that power, then other Mother Cluster members that are stronger than him are at least deserving of being taken a little more seriously.

So you're telling me that we might fight "Phantom Mathbook College Edition" or "Phantom Deadly Scalpel"?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Would anyone be able to provide a summary of the events in the ep4 story so far? I can't recall when I last checked into the story, but I am curious as to what is happening and whether I should just play the untranslated story right now.
    Last edited by Eternal255; Aug 4, 2016 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    Would anyone be able to provide a summary of the events in the ep4 story so far? I can't recall when I last checked into the story, but I am curious as to what is happening and whether I should just play the untranslated story right now.
    Our character is awakened from a 2 year cryo sleep to investigate the strange occurrence of "Unregistered" ARKS. Together with new personal navigator, Xierra, our character starts his/her investigation by joining one of the "Unregistered" ARKS on a mission. Said Unregistered ARKS is called Hitsugi, in reality, a teenage girl from Earth (which exists in a different dimension than the PSO2 world) who "plays" PSO2 through her created character. A mysterious Dark Falz creature suddenly attacks Hitsugi and our character. Our character fends it off but Hitsugi is caught off guard and is nearly consumed. Our character saves her but Hitsugi quickly logs out fearing for her safety. Doing so in a rushed manner caused her created character to be brought together with her on Earth.

The Phantoms, EP4's new enemy type, attack Hitsugi and her created character eventually named Aru. Our character saves them. Afterwards, we spend most of the story monitoring Hitsugi's personal life... for her safety and in the security interest of ARKS. During this monitoring phase, the viewers are introduced to Hitsugi's best friend, Kohri. After finally deciding to directly contact Hitsugi into meeting our character and Xierra personally together with Aru, Hitsugi attracts the attention of Mother Cluster, the evil organization that made her into an Unregistered ARKS for the purpose of spying on ARKS. Mother Cluster is displeased with Hitsugi's "betrayal", especially Kohri who is also a member. At the same time, they want to capture Aru whose entire existence has potential benefits for Mother Cluster's plans. After our character saves Hitsugi (again) from another Phantom attack, Hitsugi and Aru are brought into Oracle where she is properly introduced and acquainted with the NPCs. Feeling regret for her involvement with Mother Cluster and a sense of responsibility for Mother Cluster's actions, Hitsugi decides to side with ARKS to put a stop to Mother Cluster.

The rest of the story so far is mainly protecting Hitsugi and Aru from Mother Cluster's repeated attempts to eliminate or capture her and Aru. We also learn later on that that there is an Anti-Mother Cluster group on Earth that allies with ARKS. Hitsugi's older brother, Enga, happens to be apart of it and joins the fight against Mother Cluster.

Mother Cluster is led by a mysterious woman named Mother who seemingly holds a grudge against ARKS for unknown reasons.

Thanks loafhero, really appreciate it. Didn't know anything about the Mother Cluster group and was wondering why the story just kept showing random scenes of Hitsugi's life.

Also, if I remember correctly, one of MAZA CLASTA objective is to make PSO2 a bug-free game. Now I let you think what they are considering as "bug" and why we have to stop them.
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Mind controlling/brain-washing, what else? Here's hoping PD would still have any relation with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Poyonche View Post
    Also, if I remember correctly, one of MAZA CLASTA objective is to make PSO2 a bug-free game. Now I let you think what they are considering as "bug" and why we have to stop them.
    I was under the impression that the whole "checking for bugs in the game" thing was really a lie Mother Cluster tells their chosen spies. Whenever an innocent Unregistered ARKS who are part of Mother Cluster similar to Hitsugi reports to them about any "bugs" they see, what they are unknowingly doing is providing sensitive information about ARKS that Mother Cluster intends to use to destroy ARKS while simultaneously remaining one step ahead of ARKS.

By the way, there is a Youtube channel by a user named Kanzanboshi that's providing English subs (through Youtube's closed captions) for the first part of EP4. Cutscenes like our character's reunion with Io, introduction to Pietro along with the cutscenes where we monitor Hitsugi's adventures with Aru and Kohri have been subbed so far.
    Last edited by loafhero; Aug 6, 2016 at 06:25 AM.

I was under the impression that the whole "checking for bugs in the game" thing was really a lie Mother Cluster tells their chosen spies. Whenever an innocent Unregistered ARKS who are part of Mother Cluster similar to Hitsugi reports to them about any "bugs" they see, what they are unknowingly doing is providing sensitive information about ARKS that Mother Cluster intends to use to destroy ARKS while simultaneously remaining one step ahead of ARKS.
    Oh yeah, now that you are telling this...

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    By the way, there is a Youtube channel by a user named Kanzanboshi that's providing English subs (through Youtube's closed captions) for the first part of EP4. Cutscenes like our character's reunion with Io, introduction to Pietro along with the cutscenes where we monitor Hitsugi's adventures with Aru and Kohri have been subbed so far.
    Awesome, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks.