Page 265 of 318 FirstFirst ... 165215255262263264265266267268275315 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3179

Honestly, and I mentioned this before, with how opposite everything is compared to Darkers, this is going to end up being PSO2's adaptation of "The Great Light"

Quote Originally Posted by Gestriden View Post
    Honestly, and I mentioned this before, with how opposite everything is compared to Darkers, this is going to end up being PSO2's adaptation of "The Great Light"
    I honestly disagree, I think Xion was the Great Light. The thing with the great light in PSIV was that it didn't care for the heroes or life on Algol, just it's own goals, which happened to align pretty well with the Heroes' goals. I feel like Xion did a good variation of that, in that she was flawed and was trying to make up for her mistakes with the Photoners throughout Episodes 1-2 (+3 to some extension). She was "all knowing' but still not perfect.

Also considering PD came from Xion, Xion being the Great Light makes more sense. If I had to pick a previous boss that matches Ardem, it might be Olga Flow. With all the forceful mutations into Angels, it reminds me of how Flowen mutated into Flow, same thing is likely to happen to Ardem, but in his case, he gets cocky and loses control, so ARKS steps in.

Again all speculation, but I can see it.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    You can drop the "chan" by now. It's...a bit weird to read their names like that <:3c
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualdiamond View Post
    The memories of Bethor must live on.
    Well,not just Bethor I also get this calling habit because of Terumi from Blazblue.LoL

Also,I think that in the end Ardem will show his breakdown side for sure after his plan is utterly ruined by Player-Chan's hand.
    Ship 8 : ライト=ザ=ホワイトエッジ(Light=The=Whiteedge),風間 聡美(Kazama Satomi),CxL=ザ=ブラックエッジ(CxL=The=Blackedge)

Quote Originally Posted by Suirano View Post
    Kind of interesting they are weak to dark. Incoming Orga Angelus type boss? I am curious what kind of cliched giant angelic being the raid boss will appear as.
    God.

I don't know if the story's been translated, but the current speculation from the story crew is that he's trying to form god of creation or something. Don't know which myth they're going to use or if it's going to be an original.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    God.

I don't know if the story's been translated, but the current speculation from the story crew is that he's trying to form god of creation or something. Don't know which myth they're going to use or if it's going to be an original.
    "Ardem and Ives", Angels, Phaleg literally says Ardem took "getting cast out of paradise" harshly. I'm pretty sure I can tell what "religious mythos" they're going for.
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    God.

It's pretty much guaranteed he's trying to embody the Judeo-Christian god, Yahweh. Although its design will probably borrow something from DF Luther.

Judging by Phaleg's dialogue, and the flow of the story in general. I think an inspiration behind episode 4's story is the phrase "God is dead" by Friedrich Nietzsche. That human beings don't need a god to evolve and advance forward. Hence, Ardem thinks humans right now suck, while Phaleg sees them in their natural beauty.

Hitsugi might call upon and embody Amaterasu or something to defeat him. God on god action. Although I would prefer Ardem to make his paradise and then Yamato comes bursting through an aether portal going Pearl Harbor on his utopia.

Edit: By the way, why is a sentient super computer descended from an Akashic Record so fascinated by a PlayStation Vita.
    Last edited by Dualdiamond; Jan 27, 2017 at 02:05 AM.

Judging by Phaleg's dialogue, and the flow of the story in general. I think an inspiration behind episode 4's story is the phrase "God is dead" by Friedrich Nietzsche. That human beings don't need a god to evolve and advance forward. Hence, Ardem thinks humans right now suck, while Phaleg sees them in their natural beauty.
    I think the Nietzsche quote is over thinking it a bit, but even if it's true, it would still only apply to this "Post-Mother" part of the story, since everything before was basically just the plot of Phantasy Star II but put through the generic anime filter like 1000 times.
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Wasn't Olga Flow the forceful merging of the super computer Olga,D-Cells and Flowen himself?

InB4 Ardem needed a super robot just to get the perfect merging.

Hitsugi might call upon and embody Amaterasu or something to defeat him. God on god action. Although I would prefer Ardem to make his paradise and then Yamato comes bursting through an aether portal going Pearl Harbor on his utopia.
    i need an extra large bucket of popcorn before see this event.

He's definitely too weak to become a God of Creation. Until he starts making terrain out of thin air and able to produce creatures by will alone then he is just the aether version of a Dark Falz corrupting people into what he thinks is evolution. Just with fancy words trying to justify his actions.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Jan 27, 2017 at 05:31 AM.