Page 272 of 318 FirstFirst ... 172222262269270271272273274275282 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 3179

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    am i the only one who wants to know how the lilipans , the dragonkin : ko rera, ko ryu and hi en ( we haven't seen him since ep 1) and harukotan has been .

for more i try i simply cannot like the earth characters specially the villains which they are so vague ( and i know its because PSOcrew wanted to kill them fast) and stupid . i couldn't take them serious
    Actually we had a few cutscenes were we find out about some of the Dragonkin we meet in Ep3 I believe. They were side cutscenes out on the field.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    Actually we had a few cutscenes were we find out about some of the Dragonkin we meet in Ep3 I believe. They were side cutscenes out on the field.
    Correct Episode 3 has some cutscenes with Dragonkin and Quna in Sanc.

PSO2 can honestly be alternatively called "A Tragedy of Underdeveloped Settings". The problem with expanding out into a multiple-world setting is that it's difficult to meaningfully develop every single setting simultaneously. Earth actually has more development than any other currently established planet, ironically enough.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Ironically a fanfic writer can write better against whatever the fuck happened in EP4. They had a good background concept, a shitload of material to use but EP4 storywriting itself was a terrible terrible mistake, they really ought to change the scenario writer for good.

Another thing that kinda cringes me is that Kohri just had to interrupt just to point out that the one Ardem is talking is King Arthur, really you don't need to point that out we know already just hearing Urdem talking. It adds nothing everytime I read it again other than making them look like a bunch of idiots, imo anyway.

They could've gotten Nasu to write Earth setting and indirectly relate it to Type Moon, that would've been mindblown with all the shit he could introduce without being obvious. But meh I'm just dreaming lol.
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Feb 5, 2017 at 07:39 PM.

EP4's Story is so horrid because none of the new Earth characters are likable or worth caring about and the villains are so stupidly incompetent and non-threatening. Character development just falls flat or is non-existent. On top of that, the forced friendships are just so dumb.

EP1 to 3 is not great and is only just decent at best but it sure as hell looks way better nowadays whenever I'm comparing it with EP4. In EP1 to 3, character development is done better than in EP4 (except for Echo), actual stakes, legitimately threatening villains, dark moments that aren't ruined by bad humor (fuck you, Kohri), a genuinely badass main heroine that carries her own share of the weight, and better done plot twists.

Quote Originally Posted by Quote View Post
    Earth was far more interesting than Harukotan. Just saying.
    But I'd rather explore Harukotan more than Earth, just saying.

Plus, EP3 already had its own OP Milf character (Sukunahime) that's done better than Phaleg so far. While Sukunahime was a decently fleshed out character that played an important role in the Story without overshadowing Player and Matoi too much, Phaleg is just... there. Sure, Phaleg has connections with Ardem but its left so vague that you don't have reason to care. All Phaleg does is just pop in, does something cool, then leaves; rinse and repeat. I like her as a rival for Player but her role in the Story is very shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post

Plus, EP3 already had its own OP Milf character (Sukunahime) that's done better than Phaleg so far. While Sukunahime was a decently fleshed out character that played an important role in the Story without overshadowing Player and Matoi too much, Phaleg is just... there. Sure, Phaleg has connections with Ardem but its left so vague that you don't have reason to care. All Phaleg does is just pop in, does something cool, then leaves; rinse and repeat. I like her as a rival for Player but her role in the Story is very shallow.
    Tru. I would love to explore the rest of the other planets.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post

I think the comparison isn't fair because Ep4 isn't over and we're obviously heading into Phaleg's importance pretty soon. It's easier to say one is so much worse when it isn't completed yet.

Not that I disagree, just think the comparison makes no sense at this point in time.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

In Ep3 we have Sukunahime, Sara and Claris Claes, Afin and Ecrutia and Melrondia dealing different problems of their own actually solved within a non continous yet only few chapters albeit dragged on all over 3 episodes but done in a way that doesnt feel dragged because we're occupied with other problems.

In Ep4 we're dealing with Earthly problems that doesnt get resolves and kept dragging due to terrible writing. There are no other distraction stories that we can keep our minds of from Earth but we're just forced to tunnel vision on boring lame ass Earth problem.
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Feb 5, 2017 at 10:07 PM.

Simply put, each Episode from 1 to 3 tells self-contained stories focusing on a certain character that usually reaches a resolution and sometimes connects with other character's stories. No character ever overstays their welcome.

I dunno, I guess I just don't hate EP4 like others do. Sure, the writing's half-baked and predictable, but it's no less half-baked than pretty much every other Episode (besides the ends of EP2 and EP3, which were pretty good).
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]