Page 5 of 318 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Well, seeing as we had someone literally log out during a Story Quest, I dunno what else to assume.

And our char is mostly fine with this? I was expecting a little more, well...

Spoiler!
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by EspeonageTieler View Post
    did they actually say that we are from a game tho? or just that its different universe/dimension?
    I'm honestly going to say that they may have just pulled a Star Ocean 3 here.

Also if E4-1 is any indicator, then I think I might have an idea of what Earth's second area could be (though I could be wrong as I usually have been so don't quote me on this).

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    I'm honestly going to say that they may have just pulled a Star Ocean 3 here.

Also if E4-1 is any indicator, then I think I might have an idea of what Earth's second area could be (though I could be wrong as I usually have been so don't quote me on this).
    not sure what that means tbh

jk just wiki'd it pretty interesting there are actual theories about the subject too
    Last edited by EspeonageTieler; Jan 27, 2016 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyItsTHK View Post
    Jesus christ we got Star Ocean 3'd
    Jesus Christ, hahaha. This is so on point it hurts. I almost can't believe they actually went with this route.

I was really afraid they were going to go the whole Star Ocean 3 route with this, as well.

Here's hoping there's something more to this and that isn't actually the case.

I've completed all the storyboard so far I can get to, I want that Soro outfit, but... while I've done N3 and O4, how do I get to O2 and how do I get past N2? Am I missing something?

.......and am I the only one actually finding this more entertaining than annoying? I mean, yeah, its weird as all hell, but Sega has had weird things before similar to this. Just look at the storyline for Virtual-On. They actually pulled this in the backstory for Virtual-On in the 90s.

You, as the player sitting at the arcade machine, are fighting a war in another dimension entirely. This isn't actually out of the realm of Sega's actions when you factor THAT in.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall179 View Post
    I've completed all the storyboard so far I can get to, I want that Soro outfit, but... while I've done N3 and O4, how do I get to O2 and how do I get past N2? Am I missing something?

.......and am I the only one actually finding this more entertaining than annoying? I mean, yeah, its weird as all hell, but Sega has had weird things before similar to this. Just look at the storyline for Virtual-On. They actually pulled this in the backstory for Virtual-On in the 90s.

You, as the player sitting at the arcade machine, are fighting a war in another dimension entirely. This isn't actually out of the realm of Sega's actions when you factor THAT in.
    Yeah but the same as in Star Ocean, this is a problem when they are actually affecting a whole franchise. I don't want all my games to transform into this:

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    So I haven't gotten too far, and I don't understand Japanese well enough to understand all of what Ciela said, but here's the gist of what I got based on what I COULD make out (spoilers though I guess? so read at your discretion):

Spoiler!

With that now covered, we move on to Chapter 1's plot (or what I could make of it, for that matter). Note that the following is extremely tl;dr, so don't open unless you like reading long explanations.

Spoiler!

tl;dr version: ARKS got a cabinet rework, a stupid high school girl playing a vidya logged out during a Deus Ex invocation, the whole thing created life and gave rise to space zombies on Earth, and now Ciela demands that we fix this shit. Because reasons.
    There is an extra detail that Renvalt hasn't mentionned about his summary of the story that should please a lot of people that seem to think the plot is Star Ocean 3 again. (Kinda glad I decided to translate the cutscenes with Google Translate. Even if the translation is nowhere near perfect, it does give a good gist of what is going on).

Will cover the info in a spoiler box(there's a few extra notes about the anime included) just in case, but here it is:

Spoiler!

Therefore, it's likely that based on what I just stated in the Spoiler Box, that this might not be a remake of Star Ocean 3's plot.

Soooo if i keep playing this game and in my case i have the possibily of appering a 1 meter and 90 cm tall naked dude in my bed. Time to make a waifu in the new slot. kappa

...like I said. Virtual-On refers to this as Reverse Convert. taking digital data and turning it into solid mass, and the other way around (VO MARZ EN translation redubbed this in the easier to say Retroconversion) If something like players accidentally tying into an existing reality can happen that just so happens to exist within another dimension, again, Virtual-On provides an answer. They are in Metacyberspace in PSO2, they exist within this entirely other plane of existence where physics behaves differently, photons can provide powers to their wielders and so on. WHo is to say the process of Reroconversion is new to ARKS? or Not new? Is that not the principal of the storage and retrieval system that ARKS uses for its equipment?

Sega could very well just be applying what they made use of i nVirtual-On to PSO2's setting for this venture, and the process of entering the world outside of PSO2/Meta Cyber Space, is a Retroconversion process, taking matter that, to us would be digital but within meta cyber space has actual mass, and restructuring it to function as solid mass within the world outside.

And does anyone have an answer to my previous question about how to get to Storyboard O2? I cannot find a way past N2.