Page 6 of 318 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast

Okay, so maybe it's NOT a completely fourth-wall breaking "it's really just a video game" thing... but it still makes absolutely no sense without handwavey space magic bullshit. Which I guess is par for the course for this series at this point, but still.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Okay, so maybe it's NOT a completely fourth-wall breaking "it's really just a video game" thing... but it still makes absolutely no sense without handwavey space magic bullshit. Which I guess is par for the course for this series at this point, but still.

Spoiler!
    A) It's all a plot of the profund darkness.
    B) Dudu is actually Sega. Found arks were not trusting him enough so he needed more customers. Even if they are from another dimension.
    C) Photons

Quote Originally Posted by Squall179 View Post
    And does anyone have an answer to my previous question about how to get to Storyboard O2? I cannot find a way past N2.
    Just click on the O2 icon. It will automatically play out the cutscene for you.

Extra notes from Sierra in the cutscenes after the mission seems to say that we somehow connected to an alternate universe(Earth 2028 ). That kind of stuff hasn't been too far-fetched in the Phantasy Star lore in general, along with time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerwing View Post
    Just click on the O2 icon. It will automatically play out the cutscene for you.

Extra notes from Sierra in the cutscenes after the mission seems to say that we somehow connected to an alternate universe(Earth 2028 ). That kind of stuff hasn't been too far-fetched in the Phantasy Star lore in general, along with time travel.
    There is no O2 icon for me, the space beyond N2 is blank.

...like I said. Virtual-On refers to this as Reverse Convert. taking digital data and turning it into solid mass, and the other way around (VO MARZ EN translation redubbed this in the easier to say Retroconversion) If something like players accidentally tying into an existing reality can happen that just so happens to exist within another dimension, again, Virtual-On provides an answer. They are in Metacyberspace in PSO2, they exist within this entirely other plane of existence where physics behaves differently, photons can provide powers to their wielders and so on. WHo is to say the process of Reroconversion is new to ARKS? or Not new? Is that not the principal of the storage and retrieval system that ARKS uses for its equipment?

Sega could very well just be applying what they made use of i nVirtual-On to PSO2's setting for this venture, and the process of entering the world outside of PSO2/Meta Cyber Space, is a Retroconversion process, taking matter that, to us would be digital but within meta cyber space has actual mass, and restructuring it to function as solid mass within the world outside.

And does anyone have an answer to my previous question about how to get to Storyboard O2? I cannot find a way past N2.
    im not sure which one it is but there is one where i got lost aswell and figured out you have to go talk to the new operator girl and click the story board option she has and do it from there

There is no O2 icon for me, the space beyond N2 is blank.
    Did you do the free exploration?

...like I said. Virtual-On refers to this as Reverse Convert. taking digital data and turning it into solid mass, and the other way around (VO MARZ EN translation redubbed this in the easier to say Retroconversion) If something like players accidentally tying into an existing reality can happen that just so happens to exist within another dimension, again, Virtual-On provides an answer. They are in Metacyberspace in PSO2, they exist within this entirely other plane of existence where physics behaves differently, photons can provide powers to their wielders and so on. WHo is to say the process of Reroconversion is new to ARKS? or Not new? Is that not the principal of the storage and retrieval system that ARKS uses for its equipment?

Sega could very well just be applying what they made use of i nVirtual-On to PSO2's setting for this venture, and the process of entering the world outside of PSO2/Meta Cyber Space, is a Retroconversion process, taking matter that, to us would be digital but within meta cyber space has actual mass, and restructuring it to function as solid mass within the world outside.
    Sorry I didn't understand the VirtualOn reference at first and rushed to answer, now I got it more clear, thanks.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Okay, I'm done with PSO2's story.
    From now on I make up my own 100%.

PSO2 is a continuation of PSO1 in the distant future after the Hunters and Arkz came to an agreement and started to travel into space as Arks to find a new home just like Coral used to be.

There.

I went and rewatched that stupid cutscene to see if the log out button was actually English and it was.

I don't have any positive to say about the story other than the out of context reactions it got on twitter with a corridor zombies and a naked shota sleeping with a school girl with a gundam watching them.

Why is this happening?

Spoiler!