Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    The attacks don't qualify for Force or Techer's element Mastery skills. This means they aren't tech attacks.
    Don't techs all deal pure elemental damage, not tech damage? That pets don't work with element mastery skills doesn't really mean much if that's the case.

They target an enemy's elemental hitzone, but they're tech-type attacks, which is why Wand Gear, which also targets an enemy's elemental hitzone, doesn't work with them, being a striking-type attack.

Y'know what, maybe I should just throw this out here. This is a chart that explains how attacks are calculated. Though it's not up-to-date with Summoner's attacks. It's pretty easy to understand with a machine translation so that should be fine.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Jan 28, 2016 at 08:09 PM.

hi

The attacks don't qualify for Fury Stance. This means they aren't striking (or ranged) attacks.
    The attacks don't qualify for head-shots. This means they aren't ranged attacks.
    The attacks don't qualify for Force or Techer's element Mastery skills. This means they aren't tech attacks.

Through process of elimination, they aren't striking, ranged, or tech attacks.

Really?
    無条件にダメージボーナスを得るスタンススキル
    Stance skill that grants an unconditional damage bonus.
    http://puu.sh/mNyPu/cb7c0b8e99.jpg
    No, it clearly shows that it boosts each damage type.

Normal Tech Advance may be the answer to this, since Average Stance doesn't buff Zanverse and so cannot be said to buff everything. I suspect it may be Tech type after all, except it's Tech type that isn't bound to any element (no Mastery), cannot be JAed (no Tech JA) and cannot be charged (no Charge Advance).

I really don't want to get another Force tree though ;_;

I just quoted the description, and it works just fine on things like traps and PBs that don't have damage types, so I don't know what I'm supposed to say.

Average Stance has already been confirmed to work with pets anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Normal Tech Advance may be the answer to this, since Average Stance doesn't buff Zanverse and so cannot be said to buff everything. I suspect it may be Tech type after all, except it's Tech type that isn't bound to any element (no Mastery), cannot be JAed (no Tech JA) and cannot be charged (no Charge Advance)
    Well, I guess pets could be techs, since Freeze/Poison Ignition are also techs, but the only skill that works with them is Normal Tech Advance, since they cannot be JA'd, cannot be charged, and are non-elemental. That's a fair point.

Guess I'll dig around swiki more.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Jan 28, 2016 at 08:45 PM.

Apparently it's classified as a tech attack (distinct from a Technic). The distinction between an untyped attack and a tech attack is probably moot since AFAIK there's nothing that boosts 'tech attack' damage, and I don't know if there's any enemy that resists it or if we can even test that somehow.

EDIT: Actually looking at the screenshot Shirokami posted, I guess that confirms it as tech-damage
    Last edited by Aine; Jan 28, 2016 at 09:57 PM.

I just quoted the description, and it works just fine on things like traps and PBs that don't have damage types
    Isn't that because traps are non-typed ranged damage? And PB's are non-typed striking/ranged/magic damage depending on the mag?

The oddness of ranged "element" vs ranged "damage" etc.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Traps use R-ATK but don't apply ranged damage, that's a damage type. Though I might be mistaken about Average Stance working on traps actually, there's very little information about what boosts them and what does not.

PBs are just plain difficult to ascertain what kind of damage they do. I know some R-ATK ones can head-shot, which means they do inflict ranged damage, but I don't know whether all of them can head-shot or not, and the S-ATK and T-ATK ones have no easy way to ascertain what kind of damage they do. I've just been assuming that normally they're typeless, but it's pretty much impossible to tell for the T-ATK ones, for the same reasons Aine mentioned about Summoner.

Though truth be told there are actually a number of contradictions to this rule of thumb. Kamikaze Arrow can head-shot for one hit, but that head-shotting attack is a striking attack, and Slash Rave has a ranged attack that head-shots that uses S-ATK, for two examples I've been informed of. So there are no actual concrete infallible rules to follow when it comes to damage, only generalizations. For all I know PBs really are type-less and the ones that can head-shot can head-shot just because they're programmed to be able to.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Jan 28, 2016 at 10:49 PM.

So been doing messing around..

Armour affixes and set bonuses boost pets damage
    Mag base stats also effect pet damage
    The fighter slayer skills don't seem to effect it when they should be active
    Grinding the baton does nothing for pet damage, nor can it be affixed
    brave stance is based on the pets position not yours (100% confirmed)
    Shifta drink boosts its damage aswell
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feramus View Post
    Thanks for the guide, hehe.
    umm, about JA. actually pets can do JA. by doing tech(from sub-pallete)>then attack but its very not effective since we will waste pp for doing JA only.
    Yeah the JA does not grant you bonus damage for the pet. It might grant you bonus damage for the Baton smack though.