Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
I kind of liked the board game, but I think Smash Run would've made a much better game for the Wii U. Outside of that, the Wii U version is leagues better; though if it had Smash Run, that would've basically made the 3DS version irrelevant.

The main issue with the Board game is that it has a board game element to it (which is a bit of a slowing down compared to the action of every other minigame in there). That and games still last a bit too long for something in Smash. The main audience would rather play games where each session is done inside of 5 minutes. On the other hand, the best idea it had was that every single trophy is given an actual usable function. Every trophy, including ones that aren't assist trophies, gets a power the player can use.
Yeah, I actually played a bunch of Smash Wii U last night and went through the board game. I like the idea of tying the trophies into gameplay (kinda reminds me of the sticker system from Brawl) but it's just too long. I wish they had a 5-minute mode (same time limit as Smash Run) so that you could just quickly run through it while playing solo.