Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 10+ years of PSO World

I just realized it's been almost 10 years from the day I registered to this website.

I remember how much I loved PSO and then PSU (yeah, I loved PSU, probably more than PSO2, weird I know).

And I wanted to say thank you to this website, being a very great HUB for everything Phantasy Star related.

I don't post much (450 posts in 10 years is definitely not much!), but I lurk it costantly, even when I'm not really playing the game.

Anyway, I wanted to thank the staff of PSOworld for making this website and especially this forum possible!

Man, 10 years, I'm so old now! :P

I feel ya, I've been lurking a lot longer than I've been registered though. I remember coming here all the time during the PSO days for the databases and drop charts. It's a shame they no longer do the db thing, but I guess the jp wiki and of course cirnopedia and bump have all that stuff on lock down.

I finally & eventually migrated/registered to posting mainly here from Brinstar.org, which was where all the cool kids posted back in early PSO days, PSO-World was too mainstream (lol), so I pretty much only used them for drop charts and carried out all the community stuff there.

(If you remember brinstar.org you are a classy fellow)
    Last edited by Zipzo; Feb 4, 2016 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I feel ya, I've been lurking a lot longer than I've been registered though. I remember coming here all the time during the PSO days for the databases and drop charts. It's a shame they no longer do the db thing, but I guess the jp wiki and of course cirnopedia and bump have all that stuff on lock down.

I finally & eventually migrated/registered to posting mainly here from Brinstar.org, which was where all the cool kids posted back in early PSO days, PSO-World was too mainstream (lol), so I pretty much only used them for drop charts and carried out all the community stuff there.

(If you remember brinstar.org you are a classy fellow)
    Oh my god! Blast from the past!
    Do you also leave in Tokyo? Asking because I do live here too!

Recently I had a big nostalgia hit from Phantasy Star.

And yes even tho' I registered in 2006 here, I was lurking long before (especially for the database)

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Yeah, I lurked a few years before I bothered to register myself. I don't believe I even knew Brinstar existed if I'm being honest, it doesn't register in my memory banks. Pretty interesting though.

Come to think of it, that must be a case for a lot of posters that played PSO here.

I liked PSU a lot more than PSO2 as well, but to each their own.

Hello to the old (again) and hello to the new, I say. Since a lot of the new blood are really strong contributing forces to the community, despite the rampant shitposting.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post
    Yeah, I lurked a few years before I bothered to register myself. I don't believe I even knew Brinstar existed if I'm being honest, it doesn't register in my memory banks. Pretty interesting though.

Come to think of it, that must be a case for a lot of posters that played PSO here.

Hello to the old (again) and hello to the new, I say. Since a lot of the new blood are really strong contributing forces to the community, despite the rampant shitposting.
    It's amazing what's changed since the PSU era.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post

It would strongly depend what PSO community you played in.

If you at the very least were around for Gamecube days and you played in Antares-8 (the PSO-World 'official' block), I'd be super surprised that you hadn't heard of brinstar.

Names that come off the top of my head if I think really hard...

DARKSLAYER - This guy leveled 200s like I eat rice here in Japan

Stapler - My buddy I leveled with to 200

S N K - Always AFK at the top-front of the lobby above the terminals. Whenever he was actually around we would run challenge mode.

NEO_ - My IRL best friend, a RAcaseal, got me in to the game.

MATIX - A funny humar.

ADE - Super straight edge legit player who would diss on people all day in lobby for using dupes and being un-legit. Kinda trolly but good times were had.

H I M - Spammed lobbies and sort of started the whole "SSJ" spam cliche, and most people didn't like him but fun to play with and funny guy to watch him troll in lobbies.

Tamahome - Had a girlfriend he played with 100% of the time as well, a racaseal, he was a humar. Forgot her name. Both 200s.

Ultima - a Fomar who was a pretty cool dude.

I remember when we all ended up migrating to being mostly in block 10 (Ant 8, Block 10), randomly. That was a weird time and I don't know why that happened but it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    It would strongly depend what PSO community you played in.

If you at the very least were around for Gamecube days and you played in Antares-8 (the PSO-World 'official' block), I'd be super surprised that you hadn't heard of brinstar.

Names that come off the top of my head if I think really hard...

DARKSLAYER - This guy leveled 200s like I eat rice here in Japan

Stapler - My buddy I leveled with to 200

S N K - Always AFK at the top-front of the lobby above the terminals. Whenever he was actually around we would run challenge mode.

NEO_ - My IRL best friend, a RAcaseal, got me in to the game.

MATIX - A funny humar.

ADE - Super straight edge legit player who would diss on people all day in lobby for using dupes and being un-legit. Kinda trolly but good times were had.

H I M - Spammed lobbies and sort of started the whole "SSJ" spam cliche, and most people didn't like him but fun to play with and funny guy to watch him troll in lobbies.

Tamahome - Had a girlfriend he played with 100% of the time as well, a racaseal, he was a humar. Forgot her name. Both 200s.

Ultima - a Fomar who was a pretty cool dude.

I remember when we all ended up migrating to being mostly in block 10 (Ant 8, Block 10), randomly. That was a weird time and I don't know why that happened but it did.
    I remember ADE (and the Table Flip meme that seemed to follow him because of his outbursts) and definitely remember H I M's SSJ lobby spamming. In fact entering lobbies to have the whole screen filled with GET WITH SSJ was a daily occurrence on GC

I mainly played with the same group of people (hyperacute, Aim, 09, Reno, Rath, Magenta, Sakuya, Erinne, Axel) as well as a Lv200 FOmarl called Aria. I did drop by Antares-08 a few times but ended up mainly on Mintaka 5-8 out of reach of FSOD'ers. I certainly don't miss having to only carry 1 weapon for fear you'd get FSOD'd and lose the rest

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

I lurked for a bit, and I'm pretty sure I had an account back when EP 1&2 for Gamecube was still on shelves. But it had been a while when I came back in 2012, so I made a new account.

I'm glad the site has lasted.
    I wrote an AC purchasing guide for JP PSO2 a long time ago. I don't play PSO2 anymore, but I still play Blue Burst sometimes. Maybe I'll catch you on there!

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    I remember ADE (and the Table Flip meme that seemed to follow him because of his outbursts) and definitely remember H I M's SSJ lobby spamming. In fact entering lobbies to have the whole screen filled with GET WITH SSJ was a daily occurrence on GC

I mainly played with the same group of people (hyperacute, Aim, 09, Reno, Rath, Magenta, Sakuya, Erinne, Axel) as well as a Lv200 FOmarl called Aria. I did drop by Antares-08 a few times but ended up mainly on Mintaka 5-8 out of reach of FSOD'ers. I certainly don't miss having to only carry 1 weapon for fear you'd get FSOD'd and lose the rest
    This certainly brought back some funny and painful flashbacks.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!