Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3845464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: OverParse

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Is this ever going to be updated? I really don't understand why it seems to be abandoned now, or why everyone had such an over-the-top reaction of fear about this. It still works perfectly fine without any issues (apart from the increasing number of "unknown" attacks), and it's no different to PSO2 Tweaker being frowned upon (and everyone still uses that), and we've already been breaking the terms of service for years anyway with the translation patches and everything else. This is a really valuable tool and it shouldn't be abandoned for no reason.
    If it works perfectly fine, why do you need it to be updated?

In all seriousness, OverParse is a gigantic pile of spaghetti code that becomes shittier to maintain with every feature added to it. I was already ready to basically call development quits (check out the disaster commits regarding AIS separation, there's code I'm not proud of writing), and the SEGA announcement ended up being the last straw. The original intent of OverParse was to be as accessible and user-friendly as possible, to bring performance analysis to the general playerbase: with the fear aura surrounding parser stuff now, it's impossible for it to serve that purpose, and I'm kinda sad about it. So I don't have much motivation to continue working on this -- especially when, as you said, it works just fine.

If I revisit parser development in the future, it'll be because I've decided there's a feature that's personally important to me that OverParse doesn't have. At that point, it'll be starting from scratch.

With that said, the ID list is pulled automatically from the PSO2ACT repo and doesn't require an OverParse update. Once I'm sure which is which, I'll get the new mappings set up and it should roll out automatically to all OverParse users.

EDIT: And not 5 fucking minutes later I eat my words. Pushed out a quick patch related to logfile sizes. You may want to clear out your OverParse/Debug folder, as it's probably quite large. My bad.
    Last edited by TyroneSama; Oct 11, 2016 at 02:59 AM.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    EDIT: And not 5 fucking minutes later I eat my words. Pushed out a quick patch related to logfile sizes. You may want to clear out your OverParse/Debug folder, as it's probably quite large. My bad.
    Can you cook it for us pls? i mean, there is only source code download options, and I'm kinda don't know what to do with it.

If it works perfectly fine, why do you need it to be updated?

In all seriousness, OverParse is a gigantic pile of spaghetti code that becomes shittier to maintain with every feature added to it. I was already ready to basically call development quits (check out the disaster commits regarding AIS separation, there's code I'm not proud of writing), and the SEGA announcement ended up being the last straw. The original intent of OverParse was to be as accessible and user-friendly as possible, to bring performance analysis to the general playerbase: with the fear aura surrounding parser stuff now, it's impossible for it to serve that purpose, and I'm kinda sad about it. So I don't have much motivation to continue working on this -- especially when, as you said, it works just fine.

If I revisit parser development in the future, it'll be because I've decided there's a feature that's personally important to me that OverParse doesn't have. At that point, it'll be starting from scratch.

With that said, the ID list is pulled automatically from the PSO2ACT repo and doesn't require an OverParse update. Once I'm sure which is which, I'll get the new mappings set up and it should roll out automatically to all OverParse users.

I know what it means to write something and be discouraged by it.
    Trust me on it. Be proud on what has been made, as its not the end of life.
    Of course there is always the fear that SEGA will enter its "BAN ALL FOREIGNER" attitude

You know,
    I spent a lot of time modding and patching older games I loved.
    ...and even in patching a game to have less bugs and cheats, there were always people who would strike you down because patching those bugs and cheats meant eliminating the exploits certain players depended on in order to achieve a win.

I've always felt that no one can truly understand a programmer, even another programmer...
    since a lot of of us are mentally locked into ourselves riding on that thin line of sanity.

Don't know about you,
    but I used it for its intended purpose....An Analytical tool...

Your project never failed you know...
    In fact it succeeded well in exposing three things

1) Your own abilities during Solo Play
    2) Your own contribution (DPS-Wise) during MPAs
    3) The kind of people who would use your program to strike people down.

Item 3 is something you have no control over and even if SEGA did make their statement about parsers like yours, you are not directly responsible as a creator for inciting that wrath from SEGA. In fact, the blame goes to the people who decided to use the parser as a measure to punish others or attack others openly.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Can you cook it for us pls? i mean, there is only source code download options, and I'm kinda don't know what to do with it.
    I'm retarded. Updated. Thanks for letting me know, I'm surprised no one complained yet.

Can you tell it's been a while since I touched this thing?
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

I'm retarded. Updated. Thanks for letting me know, I'm surprised no one complained yet.

Can you tell it's been a while since I touched this thing?
    Yes, I can relate.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

D: Please don't shame me on Social amedia I swear I'm really doing my best to keep my damage points close to yours Overparse Users!!

Funny, i've never seen you in an expert block.

Visit my healing spa! :3
    Neith - Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by thehondachef View Post

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Spoiler!

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Flyin' Freedom Fighter illegaleagle90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thehondachef View Post
    Spoiler!