Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: OverParse

New version's up! From now on, new versions shouldn't wreck your settings, so upgrade freely.

This should hopefully fix the crash that starwhisper experienced as well, though I'll be worrying about it in the back of my mind until they confirm it. (Why do people drive-by to report bugs, then never come back? ;_; )

Quote Originally Posted by steverowland View Post
    So for future, if I run tweaker only once with enabled damage plugin, will it update the files so the non tweaker version works?
    Is there a reason that you can't launch the game using the Tweaker?
    Last edited by TyroneSama; Feb 14, 2016 at 07:36 PM.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    New version's up! From now on, new versions shouldn't wreck your settings, so upgrade freely.

This should hopefully fix the crash that starwhisper experienced as well, though I'll be worrying about it in the back of my mind until they confirm it. (Why do people drive-by to report bugs, then never come back? ;_

Because Forums. They're hard to use.

[URL="https://github.com/TyroneSama/OverParse/releases/tag/0.10.2"]
    Getting some gameguard crashes and stuff, feel like its safer to login without tweaker.

Quote Originally Posted by steverowland View Post
    Getting some gameguard crashes and stuff, feel like its safer to login without tweaker.
    Thousands of people have been logging in with Tweaker despite the GameGuard error with no problems, but if you absolutely insist on being stubborn, just use the non-Tweaker setup from within OverParse. IIRC the Tweaker doesn't leave all of the required patch files intact all the time.
    Last edited by TyroneSama; Feb 14, 2016 at 09:51 PM.

After the non-tweaker setup thing was implemented, I wasn't able to run OverParse because it asked me if I used Tweaker.
    I said no, and it said it had to install the Tweaker-related files. If I picked no, it closed itself.
    But I had PSO2 running and was doing TD4, so the install failed (files in use) and OverParse would close itself anyway.
    In the end I just "lied" and said I used Tweaker, and it loaded.

Anyway, that's for anyone running into a similar strange situation.
    I dunno if you want to do a check for if the necessary files already exist, or are the correct version?
    It's not like it's super important, but sometimes I just don't want to have to reboot the client.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 14, 2016 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    After the non-tweaker setup thing was implemented, I wasn't able to run OverParse because it asked me if I used Tweaker.
    I said no, and it said it had to install the Tweaker-related files. If I picked no, it closed itself.
    But I had PSO2 running and was doing TD4, so the install failed (files in use) and OverParse would close itself anyway.
    In the end I just "lied" and said I used Tweaker, and it loaded.

Anyway, that's for anyone running into a similar strange situation.
    I dunno if you want to do a check for if the necessary files already exist, or are the correct version?
    It's not like it's super important, but sometimes I just don't want to have to reboot the client.
    That dialog should only appear once per version of OverParse, so it hopefully shouldn't be super intrusive.

The current behavior is intended to force non-Tweaker users to update their DLLs after every version update, to make sure that OverParse is using the version of the Damage Dump plugin that it expects. However, given the size of the files, I can probably have it checksum each set and skip that dialog if all 3 files are the same. Expect an update for this shortly.

...Geez. So much for not supporting the alt installation method. Guess my perfectionism is getting the better of me.

Bumping for a new release, featuring a cute new border and various functionality improvements. This is starting to feel polished now.
    Spoiler!

I'm about to sleep, so I might not be able to solve this right away, but I can stick around for just a bit.

1. You shouldn't need to manually place plugins into your pso2_bin folder anymore. OverParse will offer to do that for you (at least, when you get it working).

2. Did you extract OverParse into Program Files? The only thing it attempts to do before showing you the installation dialog is create its own logs folder. If you place it into Program Files, it can't do that, since writing to Program Files requires administrator rights. (I may change the location that it writes logs to later, or at least handle this more gracefully.)
    It's on the desktop folder. I got the last version. It still crashes instantly when run. I'm on windows7.

On a side note, I updated the damage dumper plugin just now to treat summoner pet actions as the player themselves. This means that all pet actions are attributed to the player (which you could probably differentiate once the skill IDs are mapped); however, as a caveat, this also means that damage taken by the pet is attributed to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by starwhisper View Post
    It's on the desktop folder. I got the last version. It still crashes instantly when run. I'm on windows7.
    I'm about to pass out and will try to address your crash tomorrow: I'll be pushing out a large UI update and include some extra logging that I can use to narrow down the problem. If running OverParse produces any error messages, please let me know so I have some idea of what's going on.

In the meantime, on the off-chance that it fixes it, make sure you've got .NET 4.5 installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    On a side note, I updated the damage dumper plugin just now to treat summoner pet actions as the player themselves. This means that all pet actions are attributed to the player (which you could probably differentiate once the skill IDs are mapped); however, as a caveat, this also means that damage taken by the pet is attributed to the player.
    Sweet. Just checked it out and things are working great: I'll bundle this with the next release. Thanks for all your work!
    Last edited by TyroneSama; Feb 15, 2016 at 06:03 AM.