Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

Thread: OverParse

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Why are you suddenly stopping development of OverParse? I don't really understand why everyone is so afraid, and why the plugin has even been removed from PSO2 Tweaker. Has there actually been any evidence that the plugin is detected or that anyone has been banned for using it? It seems to me that people are fearful for no real reason, just because Sega released a statement. Wouldn't it work perfectly fine if you continued to update it to bypass GameGuard's checks each time GameGuard updates?
    Things are frozen until I have a better handle on the situation, including SEGA and GG's technical capabilities, and know how I want to proceed in greater detail than "minimize harm." At this point OverParse is almost entirely feature-complete anyway: the freeze won't impact anyone unless GameGuard updates, and I have a sneaking suspicion that this entire announcement is motivated by the latest OverMounter completely defeating GG anyway.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

It's a shame this whole thing happened, I hope everyone's accounts are safe and errything.
    Putting my little rant in a box, it's not that long but I know there are people who don't care.

Spoiler!

Either way I hope these accounts get unbanned quickly.
    Congrats Tyrone, SEGA-senpai has noticed you.

It appears that they updated the method to detect OverParse, again.

It's ok. I kept using OverParse, knowing the consecuences. I'll wait and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCatco View Post
    It appears that they updated the method to detect OverParse, again.
    Can't reproduce here, keep me updated.

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    Can't reproduce here, keep me updated.
    So it's only me? Weird, but not unheard. Anything in particular you want me to do?

If it's not too much work, it'd be funny if you kept updating it solely to dodge Gameguard, just to annoy them.
    Even if nobody's using it anymore~

Quote Originally Posted by DrCatco View Post
    So it's only me? Weird, but not unheard. Anything in particular you want me to do?
    No idea, GG works in mysterious ways. If more people report that OverParse is triggering detections, I'll probably look into it closer.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    If it's not too much work, it'd be funny if you kept updating it solely to dodge Gameguard, just to annoy them.
    Even if nobody's using it anymore~
    This is probably what's going to happen, mainly because I intend to use it myself.
    Last edited by TyroneSama; Jul 2, 2016 at 07:02 AM.

i got that issue as well where i got kicked from the game by np error, guess GG can detect that again

Weird. I'll see if I can get a crash to trigger on my end later -- can't try to fix it if I can't test.

It looks like they're finally detecting the plugin instead of the program
    Last edited by Sora3100; Jul 2, 2016 at 09:18 AM.