Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast

Thread: OverParse

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    NP1013 few weeks ago
    Fair enough, though that's awfully recent, and I get the impression that most of the people dodging the Tweaker have been doing so for a long time.

I don't have any problem with people not using it, I'm not a zealot or anything. It just kind of puts me in a weird place. When people use the manual DLL fix instead of the Tweaker, they don't get plugin updates, meaning that things could break with no warning and it inevitably falls to me to provide support. It also introduces more complication to the process than I'd like, though I suppose I can't do anything about people insisting on making things more difficult?

I'll think about bundling a copy of the plugins with OverParse for non-Tweaker installation, I guess. I'd rather have the process automated and controlled than quote a random post and trust people to install it. But the whole thing is kind of messy regardless.

/words
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

well, there is also arks mod tool which would be another reason, but that doesn't work with with anything else hooking so i didn't even mention it because if someone plans to use the damage dumper they won't be able to use it
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

well, there is also arks mod tool which would be another reason, but that doesn't work with with anything else hooking so i didn't even mention it because if someone plans to use the damage dumper they won't be able to use it
    Actually, if you use the old NP1013 bypass to launch PSO2, you can get item translation/damage dumper and Arks Mod Tool working at the same time. Still a mess, but it works.

launching the pso2.exe directly and having ddraw.dll and the rest up? doesn't work for me, i'm getting patch error on the arks mod tool with just the damage dumper
    P S O W

launching the pso2.exe directly and having ddraw.dll and the rest up? doesn't work for me, i'm getting patch error on the arks mod tool with just the damage dumper
    I used the batch file instead of launching pso2.exe directly, that might have made a difference.

i'll look into it later, ideally i would want to run all the tweaker plugins minus proxy and the arks mod tool, if that makes it possible i'll have to really give it a try, for time being arks mod tool is much more vital to me
    P S O W

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    At this point I'm actually wondering why people are so reluctant to use the Tweaker. You can still patch with the vanilla JP launcher, which is the only thing that I've ever seen the Tweaker mess up on. Seems like a much simpler solution to me, maybe I'm missing something?

If there's a valid reason that people are avoiding the Tweaker, I might bundle something along with OverParse to install the damage dump plugin for non-Tweaker users. @_@

For me there is a game breaking bug with tweaker that hasn't been fixed in 3 years since I originally reported it http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...postcount=6567

While it might not be important for some, for me now especially now with the ability to inspect other people's accessories and stockings etc I don't want to have to type in the whole item name (especially since I can't read some of the kanjis) but only a partial result to find it. So for someone like me who does lot of shopping and selling its just too much of a hassle to not have that function working and tweaker breaks it.

So having a OverParse support for no tweaker version would be really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by steverowland View Post
    For me there is a game breaking bug with tweaker that hasn't been fixed in 3 years since I originally reported it http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...postcount=6567

While it might not be important for some, for me now especially now with the ability to inspect other people's accessories and stockings etc I don't want to have to type in the whole item name (especially since I can't read some of the kanjis) but only a partial result to find it. So for someone like me who does lot of shopping and selling its just too much of a hassle to not have that function working and tweaker breaks it.

So having a OverParse support for no tweaker version would be really appreciated.
    I don't want to derail the thread too much, but I thought the item cache was kept the same unless you disabled and re-enabled the item patch?

By the way, if I'm understanding how the AMT works, if you do these things exactly in order it should work (in theory):
    1. Use the batch or Tweaker to start PSO2 with ddraw/the plugins, but make sure it isn't the active window.
    2. Hook AMT to the PSO2 exe, wait til it finishes.
    3. Click the PSO2 Window

I got really lazy and set up the plugins so they don't actually hook til the active window is PSO2's main window (this was the simplest way to avoid the situation when the initial PSO2 client launch that launches the actual game gets hooked). You just need to make sure the plugins hook AFTER AMT does, so this is the best way to do it.

I was planning on getting a better way of doing that eventually, but right now you can use it as a way to launch both probs.

Don't forget that OverParse has a dependency on the damage log dump from the plugin, so if you choose not to use the automated solution you'll need to make sure that's kept up to date (though with the way it's setup, it shouldn't need updating unless SEGA changes something drastic).

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread too much, but I thought the item cache was kept the same unless you disabled and re-enabled the item patch?
    I haven't used any form of English patch and it still happened, no idea what is causing or or even what file is the cache in to back it up.

New release is up on GitHub, changelog is in the link. As usual, please be aware that this will reset your settings.

I'm currently thinking about a way of streamlining installation for non-Tweaker users. Not sure what form that will take, as I don't feel like tethering myself to supporting this long after it's finished, but there's enough demand that I feel like I ought to do something more significant than link to a forum post.