Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

I'm sure every decent Ranger knows by now that a Rifle is greater when mobs are concentrated in one location. Do you know what the problem with this is? This implies someone is actually willing to work with you to gather enemies up in the first place. It happens often enough in organized groups but can you truly say the same thing about PUGs?
    The Rifle excels against single targets/concentrated mobs, this is not debatable. No one has ever said anything about Launcher being better against single targets/concentrated mobs in the first place.

Launchers in this game have always been about the aoe and not single target damage. Launchers against mobs scattered around will be better than Rifles against mobs scattered around because of their aoe and reasonable damage balanced around that aoe.

Now, damage being balanced around WHA for Ra is something else. It forces you to be precise and not just aim anywhere to call it a day. I've always hated WHA since I first played this game, but it's not going to change so I'll just deal with it.

Personally not liking Launchers is entirely separate from just saying they flat out suck. Saying you think they're too slow or you like moving and shooting? That's understandable.
    I don't mind uploading a recording but I'd really like to see one from the "Launcher sux" perspective. It would be interesting to see how they use one. I always upload random crap anyway and can deliver at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordy View Post
    Here is another "fact": Bellion is a pad user and aims better than the majority of M+KB Rangers out there, me included. It's a matter of "git gud" ... and seriously, it's not like killing mobs in pso2 was even close to get FPS frags (ー_ー
    Can you read properly ? because i don't recall saying pso2 needed a godly aim like cs.
    I just gave an exemple about free aiming, if you are not able to understand that mouse will always have an advantage over pad, i can't do anything for you...

Maybe i should have added "generally" pad players can't be as efficient as mouse players, happy now ?

Yeah, there's no way a pad player can match the precision of a KB+M player when they both know what they're doing. I'm planning to switch to KB+M myself after I'm done with laptop toaster life.

Fortunately this game doesn't need pin-point precision for much of the content.

You don't even need to be good at aiming with launchers. Point and click at the general direction and stuff will die. launchers (from my exp) require little to no effort to use. Then again this is pso2 we're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    If you use Divine Launcher to blast enemy's legs, they take less damage than if you shoot Rifle One Point at their head.
    Even just by looking at the effect and such, any way you look at it, Launcher should do more damage.

There are lots of ways to gather enemies. As long as you gather enemies, it will result in the same circumstances.
    In multi-area, enemies are gathered like this by others, and so Rifle is better in that situation as well.
    Even if enemies are gathered, it is still easier to headshot every single target with a single Divine Launcher rather than EA, considering EA needs every target to be facing you, and of the same height, whereas Divine only needs them to be in the explosion to get WHA.
    Last edited by escarlata; Feb 14, 2016 at 05:31 PM.

Charged Divine Launcher headshots almost anything shorter than a Cyclo/Kuklonahda just by shooting the ground near them, doesn't require too much effort.

It's not really hard to keep up with MPAs with launchers either even without PAs like Guren. I can keep up fine in LQ as RA/HU by just walking.
    Player ID: Charmeleon (Ship 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ordy View Post
    I quoted your post, but also said: "How somebody feels towards a weapon/class and spreading nonsense about the effectiveness of launchers are two different things (don't take it personally)."

The "spreading nonsense" was mainly reaction to this:
    You're the nonsense, how about answering question or presenting a video or something concrete other than "My personal opinion is launchers are good and who think otherwise are spreading nonsense" (like most other launcher lovers here).
    I just ran MPA with a person wielding 13* (60) launcher. Guess what damage parser showed? Launcher user did as much damage as 11* knuckle user and only 1/2 that of 13* Gu. Yes you can kill stuff with it, but by the time your launchers actually hit something it is already dead. Rocket faster than Guren? Guren can switch targets and is all-in-one noob skill that can kill packs and solo mobs, launchers can only kill packs, are slow and you'll switch to rifle wasting time to switch.

From what I see here it's defending useless weapon without comparing it to viable alternatives and applying to real scenarios all that including all-time-favorite personal bias.
    And for those scenarios we have:
    tacos
    MPA like LQ mpa (aka boss + monsters with Te or Fo around to zondeel)
    boss
    solo
    shaqs
    What tools we have:
    Launcher
    Rifle
    TMG
    (BBow?)

Reasoning pleasu~

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Edit2: They said something else that's worth writing here. They said that under the right conditions Launcher can deal a lot of damage.
    But under the same conditions, Rifle deals more damage. If Launchers did more damage, everyone would use Launchers against bosses.
    But there are no Rangers that do that. Everyone knows that Rifles are stronger, that's why they use Rifles.
    There are lots of ways to gather enemies. As long as you gather enemies, it will result in the same circumstances.
    In multi-area, enemies are gathered like this by others, and so Rifle is better in that situation as well.

So... there you go.
    Exactly what I meant by launchers being shit. You can use them but why would one use them.

I guess damage parsing a random person in your MPA and comparing them to some other random person is a valid scientific method of declaring which weapon is stronger. I really need to get some Ares/Invade 13* for Katana and Rod to make Force and Braver look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by aiMute View Post
    You can use them but why would one use them.
    Because Cluster Bullet is the best PA to hit enemies from above for decent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    I guess damage parsing a random person in your MPA and comparing them to some other random person is a valid scientific method of declaring which weapon is stronger. I really need to get some Ares/Invade 13* for Katana and Rod to make Force and Braver look bad.
    Hey, I asked launcher luvers to gimme something concrete and the only thing I get is statements of personal bias. Let them use damage parser and give me average (or even better a video) because launcher users are very very very rare.