Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Mostly is the problem that in the end, people only play for themselves rather than playing with people, and it grows even worse the furthest you are in end game.

I remember when I've started the game I met a lot of people and played with a lot of people, but as months passed, I found myself playing mostly alone, to the point that I'm always playing solo except EQ (which I try to join an organized MPA) or TA (because it's annoying doing solo TA for me, although I did that lots of times already).

Just that I don't really see much point in sociabilizing in this game, considering most content in the game is easily soloable, or don't need to sociabilize with the others and just stick to your job in TA/EQ.

Besides, people can't really follow my rhythm when playing due to among other things, I have my TA and XQ times scheduled.

Btw I've been in a lot of teams, but at this point I'm not even looking for friends, the only benefit for me in a team is for MPAs and people for TA (and most of the time both are unreliable unless I move to more hardcore teams which I don't really want)

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    That being said though, it is an issue in PSO2 that you can't really... look for players to play with properly.
    Totally. I mean I've been playing the game completely solo for over a year since the people I used to play with quit, but this last week in particular has been super frustrating since I want to run XH Tokyo for stones farming but there is no way to find other people also looking to join that MPA. Particularly if you're not in a team.

The dream would be that they add a ship-wide matchmaking system (like you'd find in most console FPS games) so you can set a quest you want to play and it pulls everyone together when enough others are found. But this is PSO2, run by Sega. That kind of black magic won't ever happen.

matchmaking wouldn't make them money like the ability to squeeze in with premium in the nonpeasant blocks during scheduled EQs does some camp blocks like for a launch of a game in 1998
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Totally. I mean I've been playing the game completely solo for over a year since the people I used to play with quit, but this last week in particular has been super frustrating since I want to run XH Tokyo for stones farming but there is no way to find other people also looking to join that MPA. Particularly if you're not in a team.
    Team don't help you either in that case, since everyone is spamming LQ lately and forming a group of 12 is pretty hard (teams barely manage to get a party of 4 for AQs and TAs even)

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

jooozek fucking hit the nail on the head. This fucking block system is the biggest reason why you can't find people to play. I also feel like the reason why Free fields and Ultimate are always dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    jooozek fucking hit the nail on the head. This fucking block system is the biggest reason why you can't find people to play. I also feel like the reason why Free fields and Ultimate are always dead.
    I think it was the major contributing factor of why I stopped playing. In order to do anything, I needed to find a party to do it with. But I had to go from block to block to find a group, and often they would be either locked or separated. So just to play a game, I had to spend the better part of an hour searching for the ability to play it.

The block system would be fine if it wasn't for the EQ system (since the blocks have recommendations), since as joozek said, people gotta camp the highest blocks for emergencies and will just play everything there.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    The block system would be fine if it wasn't for the EQ system (since the blocks have recommendations), since as joozek said, people gotta camp the highest blocks for emergencies and will just play everything there.
    The EQ camping was why I stopped playing last time. Even with premium, I couldn't get to a block without being there an hour before the scheduled event. Such a glorious waste of money...
    ----------------------
    PSO2 / Ship 2

peasant space doesn't open up till premium space runs out, as long as you have premium you still have a chance to squeeze in, without premium it's practically impossible
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I think it was the major contributing factor of why I stopped playing. In order to do anything, I needed to find a party to do it with. But I had to go from block to block to find a group, and often they would be either locked or separated. So just to play a game, I had to spend the better part of an hour searching for the ability to play it.
    You can pretty much scout other blocks with the "Join party from another block" in less than a minute for that.

Doesn't guaranteee a party available for the quest you want though, but makes life much easier