Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thanks for sharing, I was not expecting to be writing so much about Samba De Amigo and Seaman at 8AM on a Saturday.

Hope everyone else repped PSOW on the "Where did you hear about this?" question.
    Mr. Sassy Baskets
    Level 25 Newman Ranger/Guntecher
    Mrs. Butter Stacks
    Level 30 Cast Fortefighter

I would, but I actually got this information elsewhere. I simply brought it to PSOW's attention.
    Glad to see people enthusiastic about putting their 2 cents in. I tend to be on the lookout whenever it seems a company at least throws some kind of ear towards their fans. Whether it is fruitful or not is up to time, all I know is that this can be rather rare from many companies (especially video game ones).

I know when Nintendo had their Nintendo Club site, I was often putting stuff on there as requests and suggestions. That kind of moved onto Miiverse, and it does seem they do have a listen there. That lead to stuff like Minecraft, Captain Toad, Earthbound releases, a number of Nintendo Direct responses to Miiverse comments, and the like. So it seems there's at least some paying attention to those things.

Alas, this is SEGA, but it's been a blue moon since they asked us what we think. I always think it's important for every company to keep some sort of open channel to their customer base. It's the first and most important step to improve.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

I am not pleased with how eager they were to ask about mobile devices.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Alas, this is SEGA, but it's been a blue moon since they asked us what we think. I always think it's important for every company to keep some sort of open channel to their customer base. It's the first and most important step to improve.
    On the contrary, this kind of stuff is a daily basis for community managers around the internet, in fact, putting a survey on twitter and asking your followers to answer it is kind of the easy way to do it, and I wouldn't be surprised if only half of the survey is real and all the other stuff was put there to get the fans happy to then answer the real stuff with a different mod.

The difference is that Sega lost most of their community managers last summer when they moved, and as far as I know there is only Ruby for the Sonic community and Sega Europe for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    On the contrary, this kind of stuff is a daily basis for community managers around the internet, in fact, putting a survey on twitter and asking your followers to answer it is kind of the easy way to do it, and I wouldn't be surprised if only half of the survey is real and all the other stuff was put there to get the fans happy to then answer the real stuff with a different mod.

The difference is that Sega lost most of their community managers last summer when they moved, and as far as I know there is only Ruby for the Sonic community and Sega Europe for everything else.
    And that is part of what I was getting at. This is Sega, not just any community managers. It just seemed for years Sega of America was hardly ever listened to by the Japan branch. This deaf ears action has been going on for much longer than a year. We tried to get communication that hopefully would reach SOJ ears, but it seems they repaid that by shrinking the US branch smaller and smaller. This, on the other hand, looks more like something SOJ may actually look at. Only time will provide the real proof.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

You forget the survey was made by sega west, not sega japan... the west branch is responsible for the western market after all.