Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    oh, relic weapons, yeah, that makes sense, those are grind like hell but weren't they only like 1-2 main stat better from best weapons of that patch when they were released? but yeah, the grind for those really seems over the top
    Actually they were the same ilvl as the best weapons in the game, but with better secondary stats for some classes, which in itself is a sin.

Doing a daily grind earned WARs, SCHs, BRDs, and BLMs to name a few classes, better weapons than doing the most challenging PvE content the game had to offer because of the superior secondary stats on the relic weapon.

The worst part of FF14's western forum community is that there are people who think it's okay to be rewarded more for doing a daily grind that takes no team effort or real player skill than doing demanding content content with an 8 person team that will wipe you over and over again for a single mistake on anyone's part.

Relic weapons were only on par with endgame raid weapons once, and that was fixed within the first week of 2.0: a realm reborn.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    oh, relic weapons, yeah, that makes sense, those are grind like hell but weren't they only like 1-2 main stat better from best weapons of that patch when they were released? but yeah, the grind for those really seems over the top
    Really they're meant for people who didn't want to deal with coil. At least that's how it was explained to me initially. The grind is specifically meant to keep people who aren't dealing with weekly caps or limits on gear acquisition playing.

Not saying that's good game design, just saying that's what it was meant for, at least how it was explained to me.

Initially, at least. Haven't really looked at the stats of Relic weapons recently.
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Mar 22, 2016 at 02:58 AM.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

gotta say that the itemisation in ff14 is pretty dull tho it enables them to balance content much better and allows for capping gear and what not so i guess they get a pass i dont know other wow clones but i guess its similiar
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Actually they were the same ilvl as the best weapons in the game, but with better secondary stats for some classes, which in itself is a sin.

Relic weapons were only on par with endgame raid weapons once, and that was fixed within the first week of 2.0: a realm reborn.
    Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by gabor100 View Post
    Hmmm....
    What?

No new PAs

maximum disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    What?
    Nexus/Zeta is better then SCoB/FCoB weapons.

Some i210 relic's are better then A4S weapons.

And that will be the case with A8S weapons at the end of 3.2 too.

Nexus/Zeta is better then SCoB/FCoB weapons.
    Bit unclear on the timeframe due to another hiatus, but wasn't nexus super late to SCoB's cycle?

I was entirely MIA for FCoB.

I guess a proper statement is 'the relic should be how it was in 2.0; behind the weapon you raid for. All the time. Without question.'

Some i210 relic's are better then A4S weapons.
    Yeah. I said exactly that in the bit you quoted, and I find it's a problem.

And that will be the case with A8S weapons at the end of 3.2 too.
    Relic should stay 5 ilvls behind. Slowly taking the most meaningful rewards out of raids doesn't make people want to raid more.

Walking out of A4s with no unique title, a mount that sounds like moving garbage cans, and the second best weapon in the game for SCH behind the one I have to do mind-numbing chores for was a slap in the face. :/

Anyway, I'm on hiatus from FF14 again. Can't justify paying for that game right now.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Mar 22, 2016 at 07:29 AM.

there is a 96 hour login campaign going on now, starts whenever you log in
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Yikes, apart from the Odin boss, another boring update, seriously why the hell they don't make more maps?