Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Well the seal of the ship isn't the same as the ship, I'm sure that in every country of the world your objetive in a videogame is to burn the national flag you will get reactions like this.

I doubt the majority PSO2 players are bother by the original seal design. When the 1st PV was shown during live broadcast the audience were excited, not raged. Some anti-PSO2 jerks probably started the "fighting yamato equals anti-japan" war and people just took the bait.

Never forget sega public announced to "increase security level" for their symphony 2015 when some tard rant to "bomb the concert place"

To be honest the problem isn't as big as you might have imagined.

Most of the voices of complaint didn't even come from the JP PSO2 fanbase, but rather people who don't even play PSO2. To be fair, the everyday people in Japan don't really know a whole lot about Battleships,
    at least until more recently KanColle brought more light to that area...but only for the gamers/military otakus. Your average people still don't know much about Yamato except that it's a giant warship.
    The JP players are more concerned about Su not being in the Opening.

This commotion is started by some bloggers that are probably paid by Sega's competitors or simply wanted to attract more blog views by attacking PSO's usage of the Imperial Seal.
    But really the Imperial Seal was nothing more than an excuse, since the "Gensou Yamato"'s seal had 24 Petals instead of 16 Petals like the real thing, to avoid violating any laws that corresponds to using that particular symbol, and on top of that it's not even intended to be a Breakable part.

This isn't exactly the first time Yamato appears as an enemy in game either, in fact, Capcom made 1943, in which you would destroy all kinds of Japan Navy ships and no one critiqued that.
    If anything, I think Sakai responded too quickly, he would have been fine by ignoring said complaints that doesn't really come from the majority of the PSO2 fanbase, but what's done is done.
    Last edited by raialeus; Mar 5, 2016 at 12:29 AM.

So, it's basically just a publicity stunt, then?
    Then I guess Sakai was apologizing to please those who got offended and to get rid of whatever bad reputation they got with this issue.

I think the Summoners weren't in there because the MPA was filled.
    Notice that there were 12 AIS in the scene where the ship turrets were taking aim at them. There were also 12 Arks on foot after they landed on the ice.
    Spoiler!

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    Bioshock infinite has George W. and Abraham L. as mech enemies with miniguns screaming patriotic and some religious dribble. I don't think people cried about that.
    And Japan allow profanity in certain games, shows, movies that's not mature rated and no one bitch there about it.
    It matters on the place.

Ok i didn't know what kancolle was and after doing a quick search... I'm now going to sleep, good night...

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    And Japan allow profanity in certain games, shows, movies that's not mature rated and no one bitch there about it.
    It matters on the place.
    Meanwhile a good number of western players still resent lewed and fan service content in all aged games. I won't be surprised to see all innerwears turn to adult diapers if PSO2 ever made to US

Quote Originally Posted by sparab View Post
    Meanwhile a good number of western players still resent lewed and fan service content in all aged games. I won't be surprised to see all innerwears turn to adult diapers if PSO2 ever made to US
    ....adult diapers? oh god, please never say that around some circles online. that would attract the babyfurs. .....and for the love of god DON"T friggen' look that up, Trust me.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Thumbs up Yes YEss

Quote Originally Posted by [S]kyHawk View Post
    So, it's basically just a publicity stunt, then?
    Then I guess Sakai was apologizing to please those who got offended and to get rid of whatever bad reputation they got with this issue.

I think the Summoners weren't in there because the MPA was filled.
    Notice that there were 12 AIS in the scene where the ship turrets were taking aim at them. There were also 12 Arks on foot after they landed on the ice.
    then we need 16 player games
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!