Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Genei Ibun Roku FE / Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE coming this June

Will you buy it?
    Personally, I'm glad that they kept the Japanese dub. I honestly expected them to just shit on JP dub lovers again, based on what Nintendo did to its other western releases recently. But hey, they still got plenty of content to take out or change.

Regarding my initial question, the game seems right up my alley. But my decision will depend on what is left of the content when the game hits Europe.
    I don't want to create another thread about censorship and localization, but Nintendo, this is your last choice to keep me from losing all faith in you.
    Last edited by SilkaN; Mar 3, 2016 at 05:57 PM.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I'm an Atlus junkie, getting it because Atlus and the solid JRPG environments they create with each game they make.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

This game is such anime trash and I want it so badly.

I'm planning on playing through Persona 4 Golden sometime soon, though, so that might scratch the itch instead.

P4Golden will eat up a lot of your time if you choose to play it. The original PS2 version took me about 100 or so hours, to get through the true ending route and P4G around 70 before the halfway point of the game from the changes they've done.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I bought the PS2 version and played around 30 hours of it and loved it but never finished it. I specifically bought a Playstation TV recently so I could play P4 Golden which... I haven't done yet. (I keep holding out for a physical copy and have now missed two $10 digital sales on the game, so I'm probably just being dumb.)

Speaking of Persona and SMT, though: what the heck is the deal with the "Tokyo Mirage Sessions" title? I can't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't want to include the SMT/FE brands a bit more (unless they think it would somehow dilute/damage the brand???) instead of a really weirdly unrelated title like this.

SMTxFE was a tentative title when it was announced, but the name is a mouthful for the final name. And I thought the original Japanese name was long.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I bought the PS2 version and played around 30 hours of it and loved it but never finished it. I specifically bought a Playstation TV recently so I could play P4 Golden which... I haven't done yet. (I keep holding out for a physical copy and have now missed two $10 digital sales on the game, so I'm probably just being dumb.)

Speaking of Persona and SMT, though: what the heck is the deal with the "Tokyo Mirage Sessions" title? I can't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't want to include the SMT/FE brands a bit more (unless they think it would somehow dilute/damage the brand???) instead of a really weirdly unrelated title like this.
    It's one of Treehouse attempts to highlight a new brand / crossover with a name that already gives away the setting and general themes. I think they didn't do a good job. If they can Shin Megami Tensei is a thing here, why can't Genei Ibun Roku a thing as well? We'll never know.

Also, the Fire Emblem Wiki translates it to "Illusory Revelation", but that wasn't edgy enough for them I guess.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    SMTxFE was a tentative title when it was announced, but the name is a mouthful for the final name. And I thought the original Japanese name was long.
    My point is more that Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition is still branded Pokemon Conquest. The Legend of Zelda x Dynasty Warriors is Hyrule Warriors. They have done crossovers where they keep some semblance of the major brands in the final game title.

Doesn't make sense why it wasn't Shin Megami Tensei: Tokyo Mirage Sessions or something, because at least it has the potential for SOMEBODY who isn't familiar with it to have an understanding of what the game will be like.

Honestly, it's a minor complaint, at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkaN View Post
    It's one of Treehouse attempts to highlight a new brand / crossover with a name that already gives away the setting and general themes. I think they didn't do a good job. If they can Shin Megami Tensei is a thing here, why can't Genei Ibun Roku a thing as well? We'll never know.

Also, the Fire Emblem Wiki translates it to "Illusory Revelation", but that wasn't edgy enough for them I guess.
    I mean, Genei Ibun Roku is as good as Tokyo Mirage Sessions since neither of them have any mention of the two franchises being mashed up (well, if you ignore the fact it's not in a language most people speak here and could affect sales, but yeah).

So I just heard this on a video regarding the game, but the initials of the title is SMT backwards.

Yeup.

Anywoo imma buy it used cause sick of NoA's shit. Might be petty but eh they deserve it at this point for their retardation.