Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    My point is more that Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition is still branded Pokemon Conquest. The Legend of Zelda x Dynasty Warriors is Hyrule Warriors. They have done crossovers where they keep some semblance of the major brands in the final game title.

Doesn't make sense why it wasn't Shin Megami Tensei: Tokyo Mirage Sessions or something, because at least it has the potential for SOMEBODY who isn't familiar with it to have an understanding of what the game will be like.
    I figured its because those are games made by Nintendo with Nintendo properties. Meanwhile this game is made by Atlus/Sega.

As far as owning the game though, maybe.

Edit: Oh, FE is a nintendo property. Durp.

I'm buying it, of course. I, for one, can't even understand the level of hate some have on localization. I'm playing through FE Fates, and from what I've seen so far, I absolutely loved what they have served here. Same thing for Xenoblade Chronicles X with over 100 hours in. When they pour on the feels, they still manage to do so with great effect.

Atlus is pretty good, and I've liked most of their games so far. (Though some of their (non-mainline) games in-between have been a little *meh* of late) That and being a fan of both franchises helps. (And also a big fan of Sakura Taisen games throughout the years, this game speaks to me in some ways) I also figure they'll probably appease the most strict localization critics since that's generally what they do.

So yeah, I've been waiting for this one.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Mar 4, 2016 at 12:54 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Well in this case it's basically that they're censoring shit in a turbo weeb game that they are basically acknowledging is a turbo weeb game.

A game that didn't exactly sell well at all in japan last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    So I just heard this on a video regarding the game, but the initials of the title is SMT backwards.
    Ha ha ha, okay, nevermind. I love the title now.

This game sold poorly in Japan and they still decide to go into this direction...

I'm not going to comment on this, just leaving it here:

Knowing Treehouse, the uploader should remove the "possibly" from the video title.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

This is that shin megami / fire emblem cross over game? I haven't been keeping track of it. I don't see many Fire Emblem elements in it

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    This is that shin megami / fire emblem cross over game? I haven't been keeping track of it. I don't see many Fire Emblem elements in it
    The playable cast summons friendly Mirages, which are essentially Fire Emblem characters, to aid them in combat. And from what I've seen they aren't just some random summons, but are also present outside of combat for story reasons.
    So yeah, it's not like a typical mashup of both franchises, but rather a new one which implements aspects / characters from both of the other franchises.

Examples

(wow these images are large)
    Chrom from Awakening
    Spoiler!

Shiida from Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by SilkaN; Mar 15, 2016 at 12:10 PM.

I think one of the older demonstrations talked about how you must fight those Mirages first, before they befriend you. Taking from the similar SMT or Persona theme of how they first approach you as your enemy. The reasons it didn't sell well in Japan could be a number of things, but it does seem like they had a fairly decent formula for out there. It does seem appealing to those who like that twist between Persona/SMT and Sakura Taisen. As an entertainer myself, I would say this kind of speaks to me. Still, it does have an interesting niche angle that has some better production values for an Atlus game. Potentially, I would not be surprised if this turns into a rare cult hit.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Mar 16, 2016 at 07:40 AM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

And here we go, Nintendo helped me save yet another 45€.

Inb4 anyone feels the need to lecture someone about how these are merely "cultural adjustments", keep it to yourself. They are actively changing the setting and themes (as shown in the 2nd video) to uphold their regressive policies at all costs. At least they seem to know that fans are interested in the Japanese language, otherwise they wouldn't go so far to even redub some lines.
    Last edited by SilkaN; Apr 26, 2016 at 03:43 AM.

Welcome to our gaming generation ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    First Cycle = Original Product
    Second Cycle = Sequels of Original Product
    Third Cycle = Latest Sequel brings product into mainstream, along with the spinoffs that are created to test the waters of change.
    Fourth Cycle = Every Developer sees that said product makes money, so they start cloning almost everything about the product as far as gameplay goes, except to not deal with lawsuits, they actually add a new twist to try to steal the population to their side. We call this "Competition."
    Fifth Cycle = After ripping off initial product, this new product becomes mainstream too..... and this style of game becomes common.
    Sixth Cycle = Shamelessly unable to conjure up a new product out of fear making a change means risking profits, but having to milk everything for what its worth, really shitty and bad crossovers with both brand names are released, proving that even shamelessness can lead to continuous profit.
    Seventh Cycle = Now we get sequels of crossovers along with sequels of original products and their spinoffs in an attempt to "prove that the same formula still works and its not merely saturation" and we prove this because we can attempt to sexualize what has already been sexualized. Differences in art work between brands are major, but gameplay differences are shallow.
    Eight Cycle = People find something better and now the original company tries to clone the other product into their game in hoping of salvaging their sinking ships...
    Ninth Cycle = People get sick of everything, everything explodes and executives on all companies blame the public for not buying their product and causing themselves to fail.
    Tenth Cycle = Genre dies, but resurfaces as part of a bunch of hybrid-genre games.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

We can still look into the deep future where the game is somehow rehashed/rereleased with all the pretentious morons who loved the game saying "oh a piece of my childhood" while all the idiots say "Oh not this shit again!" and everyone else in between says "Oh what was that again?" as the idiots and morons already had their time with this series...

...but at least they can agree to disagree on just about everything except of course, all the time wasted, but my god... what a run it sure was! :P
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"