Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I HATE PSU SYSTEM. Effing dugrega was a nightmare.
    I just got over it don't remind me.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I loved most of PSU, but by far I couldn't stand PA leveling. I'd much rather find PAs vs leveling them. I just about capped every single PA in the game as I played every class, and that was the worst and most boring time sink. I did it because I wanted to maximize my damage output on every class, so that's probably not a good reason for hating them.

However, leveling PAs had a social problem- people leveling PAs in groups caused all sorts of side effects from unwanted knock back (causing frustration for other players- detracting from fun) as well as spamming the same PA over and over again in situation that would make a hunt or grinding much more frustrating for other players. One could argue on either side of the fence for this one, but personally I think it really caused problems within parties.

I hope we never have to level PAs again. Being a type of player that has to cap everything for different reasons, that was like punishment to me.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

I rather PSU's for one reason. One simple reason.
    When you're done maxing out a skill, you can turn it back into a disc and then give it to any character on your account.
    Better than having to hunt all over the place for sometimes 3 or 4 of the same level 17 techs and such.

I've hardly had too much experience in other MMORPGs, but maybe some combination of PSO's and PSU's would be nice. Finding a high-level disk could get you to the base point of that level, and training that technique could get you to what's possible for that disk level. Only the training's an overall sort of thing, I wouldn't say if you level a disk up you're back to square one, that's a little cruel. That sorta thing.

I don't mind the grindey stuff too much. Gotta have a reason to play after all.

Also I might be in the minority here, but I liked PSO's normal/heavy/special attacks more than PSO2's system of everything needing to be PAs, because regular attacks aren't powerful enough to do much good. I also like the material system better than the skill tree system, but I think a hybrid of the two would be even better.
    Last edited by Hysteria1987; Mar 12, 2016 at 06:27 PM.