Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Multiverse (or [though not exactly] Alternate Timelines). Similar, yet distinct universes connected through common themes and ideas (Photons, Dark Falz, etc.), while under normal conditions having no direct connection to each other; there can be some overlap due to some other force (in the case of Phantasy Star, subspace travel seems to fill that purpose) that is available to allow for some wiggle room to play with (thus allowing things like having a universe almost indistinguishable from PSO's where Emilia and Co. save Rico and Flowen while still maintaining the existence of PSO's story in another universe; think Future-Trunks from DBZ).

So confusing... Is there a website or something that would explain to me the PSO timeline/storyline.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by djknitex View Post
    So confusing... Is there a website or something that would explain to me the PSO timeline/storyline.. haha
    Here's the way I see it:
    Universe 1*) Phantasy Star, PSII, PSIII, PSIV
    Universe 2*) PSO EP.I&II (BlueBurst), PSO EP.III, PSZero
    Universe 3) PSU, PSP, PSP2, PSP2i (which connects to an alternate timeline of Universe 2 through the use of Subspace).
    Universe 4) PSO2, PS Nova, PSO2es
    And within each of these Universes are a myriad of alternate timelines.

*There is a good possibility that Uni1 and 2 are the same since the Ruins could possibly be one of the World Ships that escaped the destruction of Palma, but I tend to consider them separate, mostly for thematic reasons. Which reminds me that I'm still sour about PSP2 ruining the possible connection between the PSU universe and the Classic universe since the webcomic that served as a bridge between PSU and PSU:AotI said that Humanity came from outside the Gurhal system, thus allowing the possibility that they too were from one of the escaped World Ships.
    Last edited by Anduril; Mar 16, 2016 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Here's the way I see it:
    Universe 1*) Phantasy Star, PSII, PSIII, PSIV
    Universe 2*) PSO EP.I&II (BlueBurst), PSO EP.III, PSZero
    Universe 3) PSU, PSP, PSP2, PSP2i (which connects to an alternate timeline of Universe 2 through the use of Subspace).
    And within each of these Universes are a myriad of alternate timelines.

*There is a good possibility that Uni1 and 2 are the same since the Ruins could possibly be one of the World Ships that escaped the destruction of Palma, but I tend to consider them separate, mostly for thematic reasons.
    Whoa, how is PSZ relate to PSO? I always thought PSZ was more towards PSU/P

The planet you are on in PSZ is Coral in the far future, Coral being the planet that the Pioneer ships from PSO departed from.

The planet you are on in PSZ is Coral in the far future, Coral being the planet that the Pioneer ships from PSO departed from.
    Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol very interesting....

Thanks!

So far the only confirmed "different universe" we have from the games is PSO2 Episode 4/anime's Earth. PSU had "confined space" (some kind of pocket dimension, similar to Dark Falz Double's belly) and "sub-space travel", they never actually confirm that's any kind of travel to a different universe, they could be wormholes as far as we know, and nothing stops PSU being a sequel / prequel to any other game of the series, you just have to go back to the Ancients more than 20k Gurhalian years back, whatever amount of time those are.

完全なる地球最適化プログラム

I'd kill for a PSNova sequel, but since we never even got a collab, i doubt it could happen.

I hope we can gent Rico and Flowen as a partners like Nagisa did

You find "Coral" written on an old relic in one of the story quests in PSZ. It is never elaborated upon after that, or even brought up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    PSU was only related to PSO in some kind of wibbly wobbly subspace travel, and the effects of that quest actually changed the events in Ragol = Falz was defeated before it actually killed Rico and infected Flowen, and some way, in some unrelated to the story of PSO2 events, characters from PSU (PSP2i) appear in the ARKS ships and Emergency Quests, but there's also people from 7-11, there are Vocaloids, or even real singers like Takenobu Mitsuyoshi. All of this, of course, completely outside of Story events.
    Wasn't Flowen infected long before the events of PSO took place?
    Last edited by Sp-24; Mar 16, 2016 at 10:50 PM.