Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: PSO2 x FFXIV

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Inb4 the new FFXIV boss is Nyau.
    I could see this as a FATE in FFXIV actually, Nyau shows up in the game every so often and you have to FIGHT HIM, NYAU! for various PSO2 related gear.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    I could see this as a FATE in FFXIV actually, Nyau shows up in the game every so often and you have to FIGHT HIM, NYAU! for various PSO2 related gear.
    And upon his escape, he pulls in another boss from PSO2 through the rift. Probably non-darker related bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    And upon his escape, he pulls in another boss from PSO2 through the rift. Probably non-darker related bosses.
    That actually sounds fun, I hate when he shows up and does this in PSO2, but for some reason I think I'd love it in FFXIV.
    Last edited by Zysets; Mar 21, 2016 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Priest View Post
    I knew they were getting inspiration from somewhere, the support partners/ventures, the "gathering" fishing/mining. Summoner.. (to be fair this is common) otherwise this collab is pretty interesting to see.
    Gathering and fishing are just as common across the board as summoner though. probably more.

I like FF XIV more than I like PSO2, but the reason I stick to PSO-2 and not continue with FF XIV is because i did everything I possibly could in FF XIV. The second reason is that there is no fashion nor style at endgame FF XIV.

At the end of FF XIV, all what matters is getting BiS (Best in Slot) and it doesn't matter the look one sees on a player, at the end all players end up with the same one to two equipment combinations cloned on every slot. This is true regardless the race as Dungeon/Instance drops beat out crafted gear in most classes. (I should know, Grandmaster of the Hand here)...

Endgame PSO-2 I can scan any player out there and see different equipment and build combinations linked with equipment. However, Endgame is just as cyclic as FF XIV, but at least in PSO2 I can see that appearances + different equipment + different build is far more unique than everyone being expected to be the exact same at FF XIV endgame, and if you ARENT THE SAME it means failing DPS checks and not being capable of running in endgame raids...and by endgame raids I mean the ONES YOU CANT GET INTO FROM DUTY FINDER

I played as a Time Attacking White Mage and got far (the TAing there to me is LIGHT YEARS ahead of PSO-2 considering there is a subculture of that over there... )... So how does one get sub-level 50 equipment there for a new class once one has a level 60 character that is iLvL 195 - 210+?

...Simple...

You TA the Low Level maps and early-High Level maps solo or in duo searching for Aetherial equipment that is the same as HQ Crafted Equipment except it may come with 3 - 7 max-stats possible at that level...

Once a player becomes a good TAer in that game CRAFTING equipment becomes utterly meaningless for below level 50, and one gets level 52 - 54 HQ gear from quests...and then the Dungeons for Level 55 - 60 give out superior equipment and at 60 you just go for Token Based Equipment throwing Crafting under the bus...

As far as lore goes....

===============================

We all know what happened to Minfillia and if the crystals can be manipulated by mortals and a lot of crap can be conjured up, it should be easy to make a crossover between both games.

In fact, look at all the Ishgard lore. They were warring for how long? a thousand years or so... using powers bestowed to them by mythic creatures and gods........Like said.. easy to make a crossover and explain it.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    snippety snip
    there is this system, it's called glamour
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I love FF14 more than PSO2, I just hate the FF14 endgame. And grinding in 14 is holyshitboring.
    I'm almost done levelling every class to 75 on Rio. You literally could not pay me enough to get me to get every FF14 class to 60.
    The grind is boring, the things to do at 60 are too samey and even on the most populated server (Balmung) I struggle to find groups for endgame content. I once spent 3 hours waiting for a Bismark XH Party to form only for one person to bail after one wipe and then the entire party fell apart.
    How fun.

I feel like I can do whatever I want, whenever I want with PSO2.

But this is a bit off topic :P

We got Odin because he's a memorable FF character and not important to the FF14 lore, if i had to guess. So the Nyau idea is probably the most sound one, seeing as Nyau/Myau is a more memorable Phantasy Star character.
    Him or Dark Falz.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    the reason I stick to PSO-2 and not continue with FF XIV is because i did everything I possibly could in FF XIV. The second reason is that there is no fashion nor style at endgame FF XIV.
    ...I'm sorry what? Doesn't PSO2 have less content than FFXIV, with each piece of content coming out less frequently and having less staying power? And as far as fashion, FFXIV allows you to customize not only every slot on your body (Head, chest, gloves, pants, boots, weapon, even jewelry), and the ability to dye each slot at will, but also gives you forty appearance slots and enough inventory space to take advantage of that. The character customization may not be as great as PSO2's, but you at least have a decent selection of hairstyles and faces, and choosing your race does a good enough job of allowing you to chose your body type. Right now, at the press of a button, I can change into: A holy knight, a dragon knight, a raging berserker, a ninja, a martial artist, a dark magician, skimpy leather clothing, elegant white robes, a playboy bunny, or a bikini model. In PSO2, I'm pretty much stuck with a cute sexy outfit, with my customization being how much skin I want to show off (Most of it, or just the important bits?). If I want something modest, mature, and elegant, I'm just out of luck.
    FFXIV players often go so far as to say that fashion is the endgame. As far as gearing, right now you could spend about a week gearing and be good enough for every form of content currently out. You could spend exponentially more time gearing for incrementally better reward, but those rewards will just be easy to get in a few months anyway.

And back on topic, it looks like we agree that a fate based on a PSO2 boss would be best. I'd prefer Ragne over Nyau, but I guess PSO2 has gone away from that style and started becoming more cutesie while I've been gone.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Mar 22, 2016 at 12:45 PM.

>Nyau
    Pls no
    Gal Gryphon would look far less out of place

I think Odin was a good choice over one of the game-specific bosses. Not everyone that plays PSO2 has played FF14, but they have likely seen Odin from the other FF games. I got a kick out of seeing the telegraph lines for his attacks as per the source.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic