Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

It's the amount of content, those ticket's make peeps not want to easily buy them, as they can't be traded. But it's just a short drought it happened before, when they start new episodes.

We need more cute outfits, but not layered wear, it's annoying. Go back to one piece outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Go back to one piece outfits.
    I agree. The layered wear are kinda ok, but they get too boring imo. Boring in a sense that it really doesn't fit the whole sci-fi esque genre of pso2. It's too casual, the explorer ones were kinda ok tho but eh...

Quote Originally Posted by arokidaaron View Post
    I agree. The layered wear are kinda ok, but they get too boring imo. Boring in a sense that it really doesn't fit the whole sci-fi esque genre of pso2. It's too casual, the explorer ones were kinda ok tho but eh...
    They can be sci-fi, they are just not aiming at it. Normal one-piece clothes also have a major amount of casual wear vs sci-fi.

If I actually spent money on AC scratch, I would actually feel gimped by the current scratch, the main problem being the amount of items: if there are like 10 different items that go 10+M, but everything else is crap, having male related items multiplied by each layer and colour just gives you less chances to get the valuable stuff you want, so you either spend more money to get the same result, or do the intelligent thing and don't even bother trying. Solution: those items should be bundled in packages in the scratch.

People spending less meseta because they can't resell it and being consumable items prices go up... looking at the prices, I'm not sure this is the case, base wears go easily at 10+M, that was extraordinarily rare with one piece outfits, so this is an incentive for AC spenders, base-wears are the new LA/hairstiles, deal with it.

Sega could do a ticket extraction function if they wanted (they added PA disc extraction to PSU later in the game's life), but they provably don't want, and that would lower the price of EVERY currently expensive AC item other than crafting items, and that would also lower the incentive of spending moneys on AC.

The layered wear is probably one cause of the reduced AC sales. Before you could just play scratch and hope you get one outfit but now you need to get a decent inner, base and outer which can be really cost prohibitive. It might also explain why prices in playershops are going up if there's less people playing the scratches.

I like the layered wear system (with the exception of making inner and base tickets, which I hate) but it's brought a whole host of problems to the game too. Inners and bases being consumable tickets means that less and less end up on sale so prices go up a lot quicker than regular costumes did.

To echo above, it would be great if we could 'un-use' hairstyles/basewears etc but that would give people even less reason to play the AC scratch so I can't see Sega ever doing it.
    Last edited by Neith; Mar 26, 2016 at 08:19 AM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Well SEGA constructed a story just to defecate on it. Episode 4 made some people rage quit for the story alone XD.

The story has always being meh but at least it was running well...Till episode 4 pulling a Star Ocean 3 on us.

Wish people would stop blaming layered wear tbh.

Did everyone forget the absurd numbers of:

-recolors
    -revivals
    -yukatas, kimonos, traditional japanese outfits, etc
    -recolored yukatas, kimonos, etc
    -FKING SCHOOL UNIFORMS OF ALL FLAVORS THAT WE CONTINUE TO GET TO THIS DAY!

There's also the male clothing I can't exactly fault for existing.

All of the above was bloating AC scratch for YEARS before we had layered wear, killing any desire to bother playing scratch, and it's still in the current scratches where we do have layered wear!

That bloat is the main reason why I, and many others here don't spend money on scratch. The only time I've EVER did AC scratch was the first time they brought the support item-only scratch because it was a narrow pool of items where I stood a good chance of getting what I want/something valuable (I made 6 mil from 200AC. That was a good fking deal!), which leads to my next point; they should have begun to split up the AC scratch into smaller subcategories quite some time ago.

For example, a set up like this would give a buyer less of the needle-in-a-haystack feeling that discourages most from even spending money to try:

-new aesthetic scratch (the newest fashions/LAs released. Changes bi-weekly)

-two week old aesthetic scratch (two week old fashions/LAs. Changes bi-weekly)

-revival/recolor scratch (has revived and recolored costumes that accompany/plague our current scratches with bloat. Similar to FUN scratch's system, 4 week old revivals/recolors are removed, and more revivals/recolors added bi-weekly)

-support item scratch (grinding/affixing/crafting support items only. Mostly stagnant until a new class adding item is needed, or until SEGA decides to replace noble boosts the same way they did the old 25-stat boosts)

To me, this is the bare minimum of how they should split scratches now, despite the number of people that would love to see even more subcategories, such as accessories/LAs in a scratch of their own.

Narrower prize pools -> more likely to get something valuable/wanted -> more willing to buy into it -> more people scratching -> more supply + lower meseta prices in game, and more money for SEGA

Why isn't this a thing yet? Anyone has any idea why?
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Mar 26, 2016 at 09:23 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

I don't think it's just layerwear, I think it's everything.
    It's rare to get a decent scratch with stuff I actually want. The friend who wanted to quit still almost never buys anything.
    They keep releasing really bad color variations for old outfits.
    Many popular and rare AC items still haven't been revived for a long time.

Layerwear itself has potential, but SEGA isn't taking much advantage of it.
    They're also limiting it way too much. Very few and poor choices of colors, and lots of unchangeable colors.
    Sometimes, the most important colors for matching, white and black, aren't available.

I bought tons of bases and outers, but I end up using the same few combinations/colors on every character.
    Yes, I understand that there's still not many options available.
    But there's also the issue that many of the outfits being released simply do not match with each other, for whatever reason.
    I thought it was pretty awesome that Sofia's jacket highlights change to match the Lady Tucker basewear highlights.
    But at the same time, the cap DOES NOT change colors, and stays green.
    Seriously, what the hell SEGA.

A JP friend hasn't been buying layerwear because the physics on the layerwear barely move.
    Previous costumes were pretty liberal with the physics on skirts and stuff, but layerwear is nearly entirely static.
    I assume it's because they don't want layerwear clipping with outer.
    But that shouldn't be a problem because outer doesn't simply overlap base, it also culls unseen polygons, so it shouldn't really clip.

There's also the fact that layerwear makes most character look pregnant.
    I thought they would react to the stupidity and fix it while it's still early, but it looks like they just don't give a shit.
    I'm sure some people aren't buying layerwear because of that.

Not entirely relevant, but I feel like there isn't much reason to play PSO2 right now, other than to cap characters and earn money for outfits.
    They haven't added a decent new gameplay mode for a ridiculously long time.
    I've been fine with my gear for a long time. I have almost no reason to upgrade.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Mar 26, 2016 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Did everyone forget the absurd numbers of:

-recolors
    I know I've said something about this before but the inability to color our outfits however we want is dumb. Even more so is the fact the same outfit with a different color is basically a different item altogether for example: Active Camisole and Active Camisole Shadow, there's literally no reason to do this besides greed and they just clutter up the scratch.

Another thing is why not add unpopular or old outfits to the NPC in the shop area who sells outfits? That NPC is one of most worthless NPCs (along with that guy who sells units), of course, they are sold without them being treated as AC items so they aren't exploited for stuff far more valuable than them. Why not allow this?

I would say its a little bit of everything, Plus the overall Japanese economy is not so great atm.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...uarter-of-2015