Page 54 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764104 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Mod Thread

distorted stays the mind preset's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Hmm, well that's cool. I can up that pack next time I'm at my computer. Was it literally just renaming those files or was it more complicated? Either way, getting the names of what music was what would be useful. Also out of curiosity, do the battle tracks activate properly? Would love information on this because it's really not something I've looked a whole bunch at.
    The battle tracks do activate. These areas all have PSE tracks that work too. One thing I've noticed, trying to play TuneC on the jukebox will cause it to freak out and repeat the phrase it's currently playing - there is no 'H' variant for these tracks.

You need to repack and rename the .mus file. I've done a few tests and it seems they only works with songs that are similar; eg, trying to put area music on the title screen will cause it to crash, though the emergency lobby theme will work (but later crash it because the title screen has two parts) - if the area you're switching to doesn't have the right sympathy states for the track, it'll probably crash.

I'll add them to the file directory later.

Quote Originally Posted by preset View Post
    PSO music for PSO2 areas (you might want to rehost these files)
    Tested for a while and had no crashes or anything.

Code:
    mother earth of dishonesty		->	Forest
    the kink in the wind and the way	->	Cave
    empty space out of control		->	Mine
    revolution to the origin			->	Ruins
    a longing to ancient times		->	Floating Facility
    tricktrack					->	Extreme Quest
    jungle					->	Skyscape
    abysmal ball				->	Seabed
    nostalgia in solitude			->	Quarry
    entry into the crater			->	Desert
    underworld					->	Sanctuary
    Also, here's a Lavis Dual Blade over the tri dumpling camo.
    quarry is rip for me (no sound at all). others works perfectly <3

its been 15 years since i heard pso1 mines music and i still think that masterpiece is best bgm ever

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    I saved it in whatever format the original was. I'm pretty sure they're DXT5 with mipmaps, but I could be wrong.

Any hopes of viewing them easily again, like noesis used to?

Added a sound tab just for this-- and you've already filled it in. Woo!

It's economic! From back when Sega knew how to recycle things properly.

Anyway. Just thought I'd throw this out here:

Spoiler!

THUNDERRRR RAIN AND LIGHTNIN'
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    NIFL is not an encryption format. Remember what I said before (like anyone pays attention to my posts), its to do with how the files are structured. Old models use the same VTBF system as a lot of other files do (CML, etc), ie; a tagging system. This is how you find the various specific sections of data in these files.

The new format (NIFL) instead uses a pointer table, which is a series of addresses that refer locations inside the file, which is where specific data is at. The pointers are located inside a nof0 tag usually at the end of the file. So instead of a loop of tag -> data -> tag -> data til EoF, it instead goes something like header -> data -> pointer table.
    I've had a lot going on to be honest, you'll have to forgive me for that. -_-; That makes sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by preset View Post
    The battle tracks do activate. These areas all have PSE tracks that work too. One thing I've noticed, trying to play TuneC on the jukebox will cause it to freak out and repeat the phrase it's currently playing - there is no 'H' variant for these tracks.

You need to repack and rename the .mus file. I've done a few tests and it seems they only works with songs that are similar; eg, trying to put area music on the title screen will cause it to crash, though the emergency lobby theme will work (but later crash it because the title screen has two parts) - if the area you're switching to doesn't have the right sympathy states for the track, it'll probably crash.

I'll add them to the file directory later.
    Sounds similar to what I had kinda thought. I don't suppose you've tried swapping the raw sound files for some of these? It might be able to get around some of the issues you get just swapping the .mus files.

In any case, great stuff. Definitely nice to have some information on this and a music mod to put up. The Lavis daggers are pretty cool as dual blades as well.

I saved it in whatever format the original was. I'm pretty sure they're DXT5 with mipmaps, but I could be wrong.

Any hopes of viewing them easily again, like noesis used to?

Anyway. Just thought I'd throw this out here:

Spoiler!

Hmm, if you pass me what you're playing with, I could give setting it up a go, but no guarantees. That seems weird for sure.

As far as Noesis and this, Noesis uses a severely outdated python plugin. Could probably fix it up though to be honest. The one lucky thing with all of this is that aqp2obj and the nifl tool both have sources. I wish I were a bit more comfortable with file formats to tell how to manage translating some of that into stuff noesis can make use of, but for now no. I might give it a go at a point, but it's not exactly on the top of my priorities since we can at least get those files into usable formats fairly easily now.

Spoiler!

Is this Tokyo's Skybox in the Yamato EQ???

distorted stays the mind preset's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    I don't suppose you've tried swapping the raw sound files for some of these? It might be able to get around some of the issues you get just swapping the .mus files.
    I haven't tried repacking CPK files yet. I think I've got the tools for it somewhere...
    You probably know HCA tracks can just be renamed and work as-is, as long as the track is not currently in use by the game. I made a serviceable bat file to switch them long ago; It's not exhaustive, just things I've wanted to replace often. (note: you need to edit the paths in the bat file.) Kind of surprised no one has made a more elegant solution for this.

Out of boredom, I've decided to do a skybox mod project thing for various areas. I'm calling it "Another Time" Project. Instead of creating a whole new thread, I'll keep updating this post whenever I make something new. I'm not sure how these would look in Tier 6, since my PC doesn't handle it very well, so tell me how it looks.

AT Forest
    Spoiler!

AT Desert
    Spoiler!

AT Tundra
    Spoiler!

AT Skyscape
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Zanverse; May 15, 2016 at 02:23 PM.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Is it possible to make a always dark version of stages?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Is it possible to make a always dark version of stages?

Spoiler!

this skybox makes everywhere dark more or less.. though the highlight of this picture is the mag (shadowth made it not me)
    Last edited by Flaoc; May 13, 2016 at 11:50 PM.