Page 10 of 125 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060110 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Mod Thread

Btw, noticed that I couldn't swap out the Gal rifle model. Could be another ICE file making it not change.

Can someone else confirm?

Gal Rifle ID: 4d351fa982f4b95fd46337c737843f1e

While I figure out a better all race outfit for the Elder mod...

Spoiler!

I tried swapping Loser's outfit on my own since I figured out a way to find fodder outfits I want without having to extract everything.

But apparently Dealer Suit is borked? Even when I repack the unedited original outfit and try the file out, this happens: (game doesn't crash)
    Spoiler!

Is there any way to fix this or is it hopeless? The file for this outfit is 263390726ad6b9e6f6b8a259a444286b
    There's no group 1, and I made sure the file names all had the same 4 digit number; game crashed if I left the names as ice.exe extracted them.

I successfully swapped a different costume though: the crafter labcoat. (I'm not releasing this since recolor pass + somewhat expensive outfit)
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Kayarine; Apr 2, 2016 at 05:53 AM.

JP PSO2 - Ship 2 & 4 | Player ID: Kayarine
    Kayarine | Σ-18 | クロウ | Alexander | シロナ | 【敗者】 | サガ
    テオドール | マトイ | アウロラ | ピエトロ | ブリュー・リンガーダ | ジン

Any idea of what the file names for the old ARKS Operator outfits are? I really hope to see people make their own modifications for them, especially myself.
    Last edited by MikelAL93; Apr 2, 2016 at 07:14 AM.
    Before you ask, I did indeed write Phantasy Star Trophy Guides for Vita:
    PSO2 (Episode 2 - Episode 3)
    PSNova

For anyone may need a complete extracted filelist, I've upload it here:
    https://db.tt/bvDomODO

Quote Originally Posted by Madevil View Post
    Have all my likes, sir.

Also, looking at all those files. I wonder if we can do animation swaps as well... Although that poses quite the issue, because that could also mean we can swap all enemy attack animations for standing still animations and stuff, since IIRC, PSO2 handles all that clientside...

In fact, I also wanna take a loot inside those INI files to see how much we change.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Madevil View Post
    Oh man, thank you. I'll link that on guide thread for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    While I figure out a better all race outfit for the Elder mod...

Spoiler!
    As I said in PM, this is pretty nice. I'll add it to the first post in a sec here. The fact that it's all races too is convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    Have all my likes, sir.

Also, looking at all those files. I wonder if we can do animation swaps as well... Although that poses quite the issue, because that could also mean we can swap all enemy attack animations for standing still animations and stuff, since IIRC, PSO2 handles all that clientside...

In fact, I also wanna take a loot inside those INI files to see how much we change.
    Potentially, but the desync with the server is probably asking for trouble most of the time so I wouldn't link that kind of thing here. Even with lobby actions, what if someone tries to copy your LA? I don't know how the game would react if your LA finished before theirs and it would probably be visible on the other end.

Certain exceptions, I might consider (ie. Getting story weapons like Matoi's swords to work properly), but generally this animations are probably going to be a nono for safety purposes.

As for the ini files, do you mean the encrypted .ini.lua code ones? There's probably some interesting things to check with those, but you'd have to decrypt those too I would think. You'd also probably have to be able to convert them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayarine View Post
    I tried swapping Loser's outfit on my own since I figured out a way to find fodder outfits I want without having to extract everything.

But apparently Dealer Suit is borked? Even when I repack the unedited original outfit and try the file out, this happens: (game doesn't crash)
    Spoiler!

Is there any way to fix this or is it hopeless? The file for this outfit is 263390726ad6b9e6f6b8a259a444286b
    There's no group 1, and I made sure the file names all had the same 4 digit number; game crashed if I left the names as ice.exe extracted them.

I successfully swapped a different costume though: the crafter labcoat. (I'm not releasing this since recolor pass + somewhat expensive outfit)
    Spoiler!
    Yeah, something I should mention is a few files don't get packed quite right back with what we have. I don't know why, but the .dds files get a bit messed up. If you unpack your results, you'll see. Silver had that problem with some of the Rappy suits actually. The game just also doesn't handle some file repacks in general very well for whatever reason, even if it's only a few files like your outfit there. I'm not 100% sure why right now :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Potentially, but the desync with the server is probably asking for trouble most of the time so I wouldn't link that kind of thing here. Even with lobby actions, what if someone tries to copy your LA? I don't know how the game would react if your LA finished before theirs and it would probably be visible on the other end.

Certain exceptions, I might consider (ie. Getting story weapons like Matoi's swords to work properly), but generally this animations are probably going to be a nono for safety purposes.
    Hardly, actualy. Online games do not really sync animations with servers for multiple reasons, only movement stuff. That part is handled locally. Assuming they do it like in other games, they just send start and end animation events.
    [speculation] As for sync LAs, it's nothing more than getting LA ID and synchornizing it with the timing you see in the client. Worst case scenario, it assumes LA was canceled if it gets cutoff.[/speculation]
    But PSO2 gets it even worse on data syncing, because from what I've seen, it allows a player to go offline for almost 2 minutes without rejecting the information it gets afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    As for the ini files, do you mean the encrypted .ini.lua code ones? There's probably some interesting things to check with those, but you'd have to decrypt those too I would think. You'd also probably have to be able to convert them back.
    INI edit will be a big no, unless it's about rendering, camera, and other visual stuff. But I'm more interested in knowing the guts of the game than actualy editing them.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!