Page 51 of 125 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Mod Thread

Double posting since I found a dual blade that repacks properly.

Also, I did these. Keyblades ftw:

Oathkeeper and Oblivion over Mitsu Dango camo
    Spoiler!

Sawed Off Shotgun over Blast Cannon Mouko camo (launcher)
    Spoiler!

Edit: In other news, I tried importing a model over the player model. The FPS immediately went from 60 solid to garbage. But I now know that the model weights will try to work with whatever they have. But uh, as you'll see you'll want to conform relatively close to the original model. Or you'll have an overused quote.

Edit2: Later on, I got a successful import with the HDNeptunia Rebirth1 Purple heart model. Maybe not the best choice since there's a version that's ingame, but you should be able to tell the difference overall. I actually brought the head in too, but wanted to make something a bit cleaner since my characters face stuck through it. So basically what this means is yes, custom outfits entirely are very possible. Yes, you can import characters from other games as skins (you probably will want to make use of rappy suits or something though to avoid your character's head showing up of course).

(still uploading as of posting though)
    Last edited by Shadowth117; May 6, 2016 at 07:07 AM.

Cool, so... How could be the 3dsmax-to-pso2 step? 3ds max reads .obj and .fbx as far as I know.

So, we have a surefire way of editing character models now? Or are we not quite there yet?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    If you mean the ones that are simply swaps, you can totally just copy, paste, and rename based on the list we have already:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1122610951
    Oh cool! This means we can create the "flooded lobby" and whatnot with this? Neato! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    Honestly didn't think anyone was that interested. Here, have at 'em.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4w37urtu6fkz97b/
    This is the Amduscia Aurora Skybox, right?

Spoiler!

Sawed Off Shotgun over Blast Cannon Mouko camo (launcher)
    Spoiler!

Edit: In other news, I tried importing a model over the player model. The FPS immediately went from 60 solid to garbage. But I now know that the model weights will try to work with whatever they have. But uh, as you'll see you'll want to conform relatively close to the original model. Or you'll have an overused quote.

Having a bad time - YouTube

Edit2: Later on, I got a successful import with the HDNeptunia Rebirth1 Purple heart model. Maybe not the best choice since there's a version that's ingame, but you should be able to tell the difference overall. I actually brought the head in too, but wanted to make something a bit cleaner since my characters face stuck through it. So basically what this means is yes, custom outfits entirely are very possible. Yes, you can import characters from other games as skins (you probably will want to make use of rappy suits or something though to avoid your character's head showing up of course).

(still uploading as of posting though)
    A not so bad time - YouTube
    Holy crap, that's amazing! You're amazing! Nice job! On everything! Even the bad time!
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Victim of Dudu & Monica zegun~kun's Avatar

Spoiler!
    sorry if i ask too much, but can you replace this camo's model for those keyblades?
    Spoiler!

Another proof of concept (it's a bit messed up for now, but I thought it was amusing). I originally wasn't going to post it, but it was too hilarious to not I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    -snip-
    Actually, Sans could work. It's just the weights I chose for importing weren't the best choice since Sans doesn't fit them well. Matoi's hair could surely be fixed and we could definitely get stuff from PSU.

I don't think you're at that much risk for a blog by the way. Up to you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Ryudo View Post
    Cool, so... How could be the 3dsmax-to-pso2 step? 3ds max reads .obj and .fbx as far as I know.
    You can use that, sure. You really only need something that outputs to .obj. The process simplified is to pick a file to edit, dump the model to .obj with the aqp2obj, edit the model, run the .obj through aqp2obj to convert it back and put it ingame. If you want your own textures, you replace those too of course.

I need to get the stuff together for the NIFL converter, but for now I've been taking files from my older pso2 install and repacking them since the models are the older format too. aqp2obj by itself doesn't love the NIFL files.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    So, we have a surefire way of editing character models now? Or are we not quite there yet?
    We do. We're there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    Holy crap, that's amazing! You're amazing! Nice job! On everything! Even the bad time!
    Thanks lol. That was all testing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by zegun~kun View Post
    sorry if i ask too much, but can you replace this camo's model for those keyblades?
    Spoiler!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9di3tp4innkw6hk/3293b40cb934db17b639f36d339e1dd4?dl=0

Edit: Seems a lot of enemies don't work right now, but one that does... (he could look better, but I'll have to work with it later)

Last edited by Shadowth117; May 6, 2016 at 06:56 PM.

Holy moly, we've actually surpassed PSOBB modding.

Is there a good method for ripping PSU weapon models? Kinda want to try ripping Eternal Dimension and put it over some DB camo. Is there a list of weapon camos that repack normally? I was having issues doing so much as a simple color edit on a Nox weapon that I gave up, but now that we can import entirely new models I want to give this a go again.
    Last edited by ZER0 DX; May 6, 2016 at 11:14 PM.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ZER0 DX View Post
    Holy moly, we've actually surpassed PSOBB modding.

Is there a good method for ripping PSU weapon models? Kinda want to try ripping Eternal Dimension and put it over some DB camo. Is there a list of weapon camos that repack normally? I was having issues doing so much as a simple color edit on a Nox weapon that I gave up, but now that we can import entirely new models I want to give this a go again.
    Color edits are a bit iffy. You can't repack weapons properly when you edit the color, so..

It was also not repacking properly even without any edits, but I haven't really had the time to try testing any other weapons yet so I assumed it was legitimately impossible until now.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

So here's the deal with a lot of this. For whatever reason, be it the effects, the settings files, or whatever, a lot of stuff doesn't repack properly with the repacker we have. It *does* repack with another repacker the English community possesses, but sadly the only person I knew who would help out with that got really busy irl and can't do that anymore.

What we CAN do is swap weapons around and modify what we can actually repack for various purposes. Ex. I've repurposed a TMG model as twin swords, a launcher, a rod... The main things to keep in mind are that currently :
    1. Effects are not something we know how to mess with much on an individual weapon
    2. We aren't really aware of how to mess with sound effects right now
    3. Some things just can't be repacked at all right now with what we have.

As far as porting something from PSU though, yeah, totally. Just don't expect if it had some crazy looking shooting effect or something that it'll be able to be done here right now. But as long as you're not worried about the effects and such, you can import basically any model you want.