Page 70 of 125 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380120 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Mod Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chaoko99 View Post
    How do I use the NIFL tool? I can't find any properly helpful info on exporting models/doing anything useful with it.
    So, essentially you cut out the header of an aqp file and name it aqo. I've linked a comparison pic below:

Drag the aqo onto the .bat with OBJ in it to produce an .obj file. Note that compared to what aqp2obj puts out that this is 1/100 the scale and the ZY axis is flipped. It also does not give aqp2obj naming conventions for model parts so you'll need to fix that if you import it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I'm sure this is answered somewhere in the 52 pages (at 15 posts per page) of this thread, but I have a question. Is it possible to switch the MyRoom skybox with that of another area, and would that get rid of the day/night cycle (assuming the replacement doesn't have one)?
    It is very possible. Weather of any kind (day night cycles are included here) seems to break when replacing though. I'm not sure of a proper solution for that atm, but you can certainly do it with no ill effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    It is very possible. Weather of any kind (day night cycles are included here) seems to break when replacing though. I'm not sure of a proper solution for that atm, but you can certainly do it with no ill effects.
    Perfect. I really just want to eliminate the day/night cycle so that I have constant lighting to use with my green screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    So, essentially you cut out the header of an aqp file and name it aqo. I've linked a comparison pic below:

Drag the aqo onto the .bat with OBJ in it to produce an .obj file. Note that compared to what aqp2obj puts out that this is 1/100 the scale and the ZY axis is flipped. It also does not give aqp2obj naming conventions for model parts so you'll need to fix that if you import it back in.
    And what program is this? I assume it's a hex editor?
    [INSERT SOMETHING WITTY]

Yeah, it can be nice to have more constant scenery.

Also, posting this on request of a friend.

Common Gameguard Error Fix
    Spoiler!

So, I got UQ Amduscia skybox over Quarry's second map:

The strange thing is, I don't remember replacing Quarry's skybox. After the maintenance, I tried to replace Volcanic Caves' first map (worked), second map (didn't work) and Seabed first map (worked). Is this normal?

Are the BGMs swappable, or would you have to go through a certain process in order to, let's say, replace Magatsu's BGM with Mining Base BGM?

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

kinda curious what the area 1 caves textures look like side-by-side to these ultimate amu textures now

Sorry, follow up to my previous question. Has anyone replaced the background fields in the salon/character creator?

It may have been answered somewhere and I just forgot but. Is there a way to swap animations? If so, would it be possible to make the idle pose in the lobby look like the salon pose?

Given that no one's done it probably not, but. It's one of the things that bugs me a lot. (Along with the armpit textures, eugh)

Quote Originally Posted by Illyrie View Post
    It may have been answered somewhere and I just forgot but. Is there a way to swap animations? If so, would it be possible to make the idle pose in the lobby look like the salon pose?

Given that no one's done it probably not, but. It's one of the things that bugs me a lot. (Along with the armpit textures, eugh)
    It should be possible and I'd like to some time. The problem is just... there are literally thousands of animations to sort though. While they're labeled to a degree, finding what you're looking for can be a huge pain for player animations. One day I intend to do it, but it's quite the undertaking. Still, not gonna lie, that female idle has annoyed me since this game launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Sorry, follow up to my previous question. Has anyone replaced the background fields in the salon/character creator?
    I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for the background, but for the terrain itself, no idea. PSO2 is strange with that to start.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCatco View Post
    So, I got UQ Amduscia skybox over Quarry's second map:

-snip-

The strange thing is, I don't remember replacing Quarry's skybox. After the maintenance, I tried to replace Volcanic Caves' first map (worked), second map (didn't work) and Seabed first map (worked). Is this normal?
    Maybe it was mislabeled? As far as the other stuff, as long as you've replaced the appropriate skybox, it should try it's best to work. I really haven't managed to crash the game from simply swapping them ever. They may not look correct in some places of course.