Page 71 of 125 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481121 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Mod Thread

You'll all be pleased to know that I've successfully completed an animation swap.. or several. While it IS possible to swap in the salon pose, the sudden shift from running > standing pose is rather jarring, as they don't match up. I -did- swap all the female animations for male ones, though, and will release that as soon as I'm done making sure it works properly (it is, just making sure I didn't miss anything.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tari View Post
    You'll all be pleased to know that I've successfully completed an animation swap.. or several. While it IS possible to swap in the salon pose, the sudden shift from running > standing pose is rather jarring, as they don't match up. I -did- swap all the female animations for male ones, though, and will release that as soon as I'm done making sure it works properly (it is, just making sure I didn't miss anything.)
    Yeah, I figured the shift from running would be odd... Maybe someday we'll be able to import custom animations for that that match up? It's a stretch for sure, but hey, one can hope. Glad to see that someone's been working on it!
    edit: Does the male animation at least look better? I always thought they looked like the same. I guess males stand a little straighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    It should be possible and I'd like to some time. The problem is just... there are literally thousands of animations to sort though. While they're labeled to a degree, finding what you're looking for can be a huge pain for player animations. One day I intend to do it, but it's quite the undertaking. Still, not gonna lie, that female idle has annoyed me since this game launched.
    I can probably do it at some point myself as I already have every file extracted and everything, but I've been working on mainly hairs and face paint myself. Although so far, modifying makeup (at least Natural Makeup D) seems to be crashing the game, even though the mod itself doesn't show at all.. WTB> makeup opacity slider.
    Last edited by Illyrie; Jun 11, 2016 at 01:12 PM.

Female Idle and Running swapped to Male Idle and Running (Aka no more spine problems)

@Illyrie: Well, see if you can repack it without changing. If you can and it doesn't crash, make sure you're saving the .dds files right.

Female Idle and Running swapped to Male Idle and Running (Aka no more spine problems)

@Illyrie: Well, see if you can repack it without changing. If you can and it doesn't crash, make sure you're saving the .dds files right.
    for animation swapping, do you swap it like weapon mod (no unpack/repack), or like costume mod (unpack, filename matching, repack)?

edit: I'm unpacked the modified 8eda0b5c8e12bdd152c5e674a8494018 and the file names looks like the original one, so I guess it's more like costume swapping procedure?
    Last edited by Madevil; Jun 12, 2016 at 04:35 AM.

That stand animation makes a lot more sense o.o Too bad I don't feel comfortable about modding PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Madevil View Post
    for animation swapping, do you swap it like weapon mod (no unpack/repack), or like costume mod (unpack, filename matching, repack)?

edit: I'm unpacked the modified 8eda0b5c8e12bdd152c5e674a8494018 and the file names looks like the original one, so I guess it's more like costume swapping procedure?
    Well yes, it's like costume swapping sorta. You take components you want from elsewhere and stick them in with proper names. Or just copy and rename what's in there already if you really want. Either way, it's not terribly crazy.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    That stand animation makes a lot more sense o.o Too bad I don't feel comfortable about modding PSO2
    You're at equal risk as you are for using the English patch using these, just fyi. After all, they work the exact same way. As long as you're aware using English patch itself doesn't make you look any better towards SEGA.
    Last edited by Shadowth117; Jun 12, 2016 at 05:22 AM.

Well yes, it's like costume swapping sorta. You take components you want from elsewhere and stick them in with proper names. Or just copy and rename what's in there already if you really want. Either way, it's not terribly crazy.
    hum... somehow my game client can't take my repacked 8eda0b5c8e12bdd152c5e674a8494018
    even I tried to unpack, did NOT modified anything, and repack, the game crashed as soon as I logged into the lobby (similar situation to trying to repack weapon mod)

but your modified file is running fine, what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Madevil View Post
    hum... somehow my game client can't take my repacked 8eda0b5c8e12bdd152c5e674a8494018
    even I tried to unpack, did NOT modified anything, and repack, the game crashed as soon as I logged into the lobby (similar situation to trying to repack weapon mod)

but your modified file is running fine, what am I missing?
    You need to add .bti and .rgn to your repacker's group 1 files.

Tested this. Pretty neat. Although I'm one of those that doesn't mind default female standing/running animation. Plus it makes my chara feel manly when moving xD

An idea though: What if , instead of male standing animation, the salon female standing animation is taken? It's not male-ish and looks like normal standing pose to me.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    Tested this. Pretty neat. Although I'm one of those that doesn't mind default female standing/running animation. Plus it makes my chara feel manly when moving xD

An idea though: What if , instead of male standing animation, the salon female standing animation is taken? It's not male-ish and looks like normal standing pose to me.
    A little bit back, Tari mentioned that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tari View Post
    While it IS possible to swap in the salon pose, the sudden shift from running > standing pose is rather jarring, as they don't match up.