Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Never heard of Black Desert?
    It's supposed to be a really promising game with really awesome graphics and fluid combat and open world sandbox-ish gameplay.
    but things I heard about is that there's no endgame and it's a mind numbing grindfest... literally.
    Plus there's not much trinity in it cuz of how it has kinda similar action combat like Vindictus in gameplay.

Wildstar is pretty hyped back then but all the news I've heard about is that, it's currently dying.

FF14 is really nice and I kinda wanna play it but my toaster and my wallet is suffering...

ToS is something I'm looking forward to but the current meta is kinda similar to PSO2 in which you wanna to focus more in DPS... Classes like tank from swordsman tree is nonexistent because of how only a taunt skill and guard attribute is only helpful for tanking and the rest just doesn't help that much and the rest of the skill points are better spent upgrading DPS skills. Healer is another one that isn't really much of a healer because of how they can actually function as better defense tanks(except without taunt) and DPS.
    And also, game pretty much gives you so much options that you can play it solo which defeats the purpose of the holy trinity.

WoW is... meh... I've played it back then and I'm just tired...

Rift is actually pretty good but again... my toaster sucks

Archeage failed on me... it's really promising but I just couldn't go back to it...

Guild Wars 2 doesn't look bad but there's no holy trinity in it...

that's my 2 cents...
    Last edited by RageousGray; Mar 30, 2016 at 12:48 AM. Reason: I can't grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I loved FF XIV but I hated its community and its apathy.

They are Social enough to chat people up, but what i found was that few people actually do anything together and so togetherness is felt more through using Duty-Finder. I did like the culture and environments of the world a lot, as well that the game is a persistent game.

Also, I find many people rush to endgame and find themselves leaving in a month or so simply because the endgame is actually Cyclic. There is less Endgame in FF XIV than in PSO2. In PSO2 anyone can go after different type of stones for items, but FF XIV is always a premier raid, dungeon and some other crazy event that forms its endgame.

Everything else becomes almost meaningless....

Not to say that I won't play it again later, but that is really a game where either people are going to be HARDCORE or LAME-CORE.
    Well, to a degree, the community is more of an early reflection of FF11. I would say, this is just FF11 young; but I had and still hope that the layout of how classes work in FFXIV would have a better late-game community than FF11 had. FF11's even stricter setup was part of the setup which lead to such a division between hardcore and anything else being lame-core, in the minds of the community. Then again, last time I played FFXIV, Realm Reborn was still rather new. I figured the division, due to the new system, would take a lot longer to form or perhaps form less than FF11 did.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Tree of Savior has tons of unique classes if you wanna hop on with me on that game. Maybe something you can enjoy~

If you don't mind a quasi-action style combat, Wildstar is not a bad choice. It just tries to hard to appeal to that old school WoW gamer with it group and raid content (needing 20-40 players). But it has a fun and beautiful art style with a quirky sense of humor. And it hasn't been mentioned here before.
    Last edited by RuneLateralus; Apr 3, 2016 at 03:15 PM.

Easiest way to answer this is, why do you specifically want a trinity-style game? What role or roles are you looking to play? I can recommend some games with the most fun classes (imo) of that role.

For instance, Rune mentioned Wildstar. I don't think the game was that great from most standpoints, but it had one of THE MOST enjoyable healing experiences I've had. With Medic and Spellslinger (I never tried Esper) you actually have to aim your heals onto targets, so you're constantly re-positioning for the best angle and to hit the most people. I really like healing but I've just been so turned off lately by MMO healing having devolved into playing fucking UI whack-a-mole, but that game actually brought something so unique and enjoyable that I wish more games would look at it as something to steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    For instance, Rune mentioned Wildstar. I don't think the game was that great from most standpoints, but it had one of THE MOST enjoyable healing experiences I've had. With Medic and Spellslinger (I never tried Esper) you actually have to aim your heals onto targets, so you're constantly re-positioning for the best angle and to hit the most people. I really like healing but I've just been so turned off lately by MMO healing having devolved into playing fucking UI whack-a-mole, but that game actually brought something so unique and enjoyable that I wish more games would look at it as something to steal.
    Tera is kinda the same with the healing classes. I dunno if it has much in the way of an endgame though.