Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Autumn concert on setting 6 minus tonemaps.

?PSO2???????? - Graphics Lv6 + ReShade HDR + Inspector - YouTube

I didn't like the default tonemaps so I ReShaded my own. Still trying to find the right balance between colorful and "AAAH MY EYES!".
    Use the HSV shader then, not HDR. HDR is for "mimicking" the results of an HDR photo, but it's not very accurate, and it's not meant to recolor an image, only a rather "smart touch-up". If you wish to increase the saturation of the image, try using HSV which allows you to change value, saturation and hue separately.

And jumping on that bandwagon:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Apr 24, 2016 at 09:40 AM.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

The default saturation is actually close to OK for me, I wanted to increase the contrast between darks and lights though.

Default PSO2 is a little too muted, while Sega's tonemaps are very oversaturated and overexposed IMO.

HDR seems to do the Photoshop equivalent of a Gaussian Blur Overlay, which has the end effect of saturating and increasing contrast at the same time without clipping off details, which is kind of the effect I was looking for.
    Last edited by Selphea; Apr 24, 2016 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    The default saturation is actually close to OK for me, I wanted to increase the contrast between darks and lights though.

Default PSO2 is a little too muted, while Sega's tonemaps are very oversaturated and overexposed IMO.

HDR seems to do the Photoshop equivalent of a Gaussian Blur Overlay, which has the end effect of saturating and increasing contrast at the same time without clipping off details, which is kind of the effect I was looking for.
    SweetFX's HDR simply searches for pixels around and merges them with the current one based on how far they are from the original set, and may result in shadows going below 0 and light going above 255. Also, if increasing contrast is what you want, Curves does just that except with 1/16th of the texture fetching, and therefore, much better performance.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    SweetFX's HDR simply searches for pixels around and merges them with the current one based on how far they are from the original set, and may result in shadows going below 0 and light going above 255. Also, if increasing contrast is what you want, Curves does just that except with 1/16th of the texture fetching, and therefore, much better performance.
    I tried Curves but the effect is different

It's precisely because HDR checks for neighboring pixels to determine what to do that I'm using it - that's similar to what a Gaussian Blur Overlay does in practice.

In practice framerates seem close enough in the 40-50 range.

The performance hit of HDR is nothing next to effects like depth of field or high-quality bloom anyways. Bloom in particular murders the framerate something fierce, which you really wouldn't expect given the kind of effect it is. Ah, the price I pay for prettiness...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    The performance hit of HDR is nothing next to effects like depth of field or high-quality bloom anyways. Bloom in particular murders the framerate something fierce, which you really wouldn't expect given the kind of effect it is. Ah, the price I pay for prettiness...
    Actually, bloom, depending on the method, can be pretty nasty.
    On 1080p, a single-pass gaussian bloom needs to fetch pixels 2123366400 times, while there are supposedly only 2073600 pixels on screen.
    If you can run bloom, then there's some seriously well-thought optimization behind it, like calculating gaussian curve iteration before-hand, separating the effect into two passes which reduces the fetching from 1024 pix/pix to just 64, bilinear filtering and texture downscaling, etc...

Praise that bloom only eats half your framerate (though there are other bloom methods that use way less power, but are pretty bad)!
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Apr 24, 2016 at 11:54 AM.

Took this one before the big update hit, with Elu and her friend mimicking each other with...a certain familiar figure behind them (probably cursing their Loli existences ^_^; )

Spoiler!

PS4 picture pains
    It's hard to take precise pics on the PS4, since it uses the built in screenshot ability of the console. It's not as quick as even the PS Vita's built in utility. But it at least takes .PNGs, as opposed to the handheld's already heavily compressed .JPGs. No real settings that I could find in the options either...

Spoiler!
    PSO2 characters
    Ship 2: Rabbie, Ramune, Princess Sara. Ship 10's Elu and Noriko are here as well (for an undetermined amount of time...)

Sega's versions of Itsuki, Rina, and Gene have faces that I find to be.... unsettling.
    So I tried making my own Itsuki, because I could.
    Spoiler!
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Nice Itsuki you got there... It's much more respectful of the source material than the real one.

Quna Concert - Eternal Encore
    Tier 6, UI Off