Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    That's not reasonable at all, especially since it's kinda expected that these kinds of games change a lot in various ways. And the whole Beta thing.
    i never said it was reasonable

it also doesn't really look reasonable to change something about a game because of one post/topic to be fair

sure they eventually explained that they were thinking about changing it anyway, but it was just too late for them then.

The problem with the change in Overwatch was not that it removed some "sexual" thing. The problem is in the fact that it was literally single person's request, while everyone else in the orignal thread was against it. Devs made it look like they simply don't give a shit about their fanbase.

The follow-up post that explained the situation more clearly would have been fine if the first one wasn't a thing (and thread wasn't locked after it). They essentially contradict each other, because they state wholly different reasons for the pose's removal, so it's like Blizzard devs are just fucking with their fans.

Even if Blizzard came forward with their justifiable reasons for removing the pose in Overwatch, people would have still acted like entitled manchildren. Take away anything that people might like, even if for the right reasons, and you will always get a negative response.

While I don't know much about the Overwatch situation, I can't help but feeling like both sides are just as bad as each other. The people who complain about censorship aggressively are usually entitled twats who can't seem to see outside their own little boxes. I disagree with a lot of the censorship too, but some people can't take the other side of the argument and everything has to boil down to "I don't like it, therefore it's wrong".

Take the Star Ocean 5 change, for example. One of the characters got a slight change because western audiences felt like her outfit was a bit too sexy and/or revealing, specifically around the underwear area. Perfectly understandable, as Star Ocean 5 is not exactly about fanservice, and it was something that didn't necessarily fit in the game. The response?

Spoiler!

While I can understand the principle, people need to pick their battles wisely and understand that sometimes, censorship is not really censorship per se, but a perfectly justifiable change because something doesn't actually fit.

Oh yeah, here's what they were raging about by the way:
    Spoiler!

Longer skirt = Censorship.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

ITT: we bitch about the vocal minority

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Even if Blizzard came forward with their justifiable reasons for removing the pose in Overwatch, people would have still acted like entitled manchildren. Take away anything that people might like, even if for the right reasons, and you will always get a negative response.

While I don't know much about the Overwatch situation, I can't help but feeling like both sides are just as bad as each other. The people who complain about censorship aggressively are usually entitled twats who can't seem to see outside their own little boxes. I disagree with a lot of the censorship too, but some people can't take the other side of the argument and everything has to boil down to "I don't like it, therefore it's wrong".

Take the Star Ocean 5 change, for example. One of the characters got a slight change because western audiences felt like her outfit was a bit too sexy and/or revealing, specifically around the underwear area. Perfectly understandable, as Star Ocean 5 is not exactly about fanservice, and it was something that didn't necessarily fit in the game. The response?

Spoiler!

While I can understand the principle, people need to pick their battles wisely and understand that sometimes, censorship is not really censorship per se, but a perfectly justifiable change because something doesn't actually fit.

Oh yeah, here's what they were raging about by the way:
    Spoiler!

Longer skirt = Censorship.
    actually they changed what was basically a thong into normal panties

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    ITT: we bitch about the vocal minority
    I'm bitching about the vocal minority getting all up in my face. It's in the webcomics I read, it's on my youtube feed, it's on my game videos. If you take the time it takes to make one of those videos or comics, and use it to research the subject, you'll see they kinda have a point. The pose doesn't fit, woops, let's replace it with something else. But nope, you've gotta flood my news with the war against sexiness.
    Freaking one of the characters you play in the game has cleavage going down to her naval! Why can't you be happy with that? Stop talking about this probably okay game and give me some news I care about!

the war on anti-censorship heroes is always news

If they really were going to remove it anyway, they should have stayed quiet about it. Full stop. Assuaging some soccer mom, worried her child would develop a complex from seeing a butt, was a bonehead move. Following up on the criticism the way they did even more so. "W-well we were gonna remove it anyway!" sounds like serious back-pedaling. Screw the narrative about it being "overly sexualized" or "out of character".

The whole thing is blown so far out of proportion it must have been a deliberate move on Blizzard's part. Nobody cared about the game until this happened and boy did that change over night. Mission accomplished.

I agree Zora, having everyone and their mother coming out of the woodwork to share their half-baked opinion on the topic is very annoying. There is literally no escape from Tracer's posterior. Not even PSOW is safe.

The video I'm about to link is not directed toward you or anyone else bothered by the furor surrounding the topic, they are just wise words that people should consider to ensure these things don't blow up in the first place.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I have to admit, all this talk got me to check out their animation shorts. In typical blizzard fashion, they're pretty good. I have no idea what the game is about, but I was highly entertained for a solid six minutes.

literally blizzard tf2

Spoiler!

oh hey they showed off the replacement pose. is literally butt pose 2.0
    Last edited by The Walrus; Apr 5, 2016 at 10:41 PM.