Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    The anime didn't really do much to convince that Aika had been "defrosted". Aika didn't really develop at all as a character in the anime. What I got was that defrostedAika is the Aika we've seen in the anime from the start.

Was she depicted as a strict to orders kind of person in the first place? No, cause she disobeyed more orders from the start than actually obeying them. Was she an emotionally distant person from the start? No, she clearly cares about people, especially her comrades, and doesn't bother to hide this either.
    The defrosted part is really subtle and most likely un-noticeable. Her voice get slightly more emotions on it from episode 8 onwards........But I think in general, at least you understand that Aika's somewhat poor characterization are the anime writer's fault, not the seiyuu.

Also, side topic, turn down the hate level dude. It's getting ridiculous at this point.
    Last edited by Zeroem; Apr 6, 2016 at 12:46 AM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroem View Post
    The defrosted part is really subtle and most likely un-noticeable. Her voice get slightly more emotions on it from episode 8 onwards
    If its unnoticeable, its not subtle at all because even subtlety should be easily noticeable. I've noticed no change of her voice or personality from Episode 8 onwards.

... but yes. I'm not hating on the VA. Its really the fault of either the director or writer of the anime that Aika came off as an incredibly dull character.

In short, the anime sucks. It fails to attract newcomers, its a terrible service to longtime fans of the game, and fails miserably as a bridging point for EP4's story.

I wouldn't be hating on the anime so much if I didn't like PSO2 or anime in general to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroem View Post
    Also, side topic, turn down the hate level dude. It's getting ridiculous at this point.
    Oh, come on. Its not like me hating on the anime is any worse than all the hate towards the actual game that usually occurs in this forum. At least I'm not saying anything bad about the game.

Honestly, my opinion of the forums here is that it is one giant Circle of Being Perpetually Offended.

At this point of time, I feel like people are making mountains out of molehills.

The anime is so awful you have to watch it just to see how bad the next episode is. That said... I'm disliking Episode 4 in general. I'm ready for Episode 5, assuming we even still have a game when Episode 4 ends.

Don't get me wrong, I love Phantasy Star. But yesh, they weren't kidding when they said "Rebirth".
    Last edited by Vatallus; Apr 6, 2016 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    ... but it would be DAMN entertaining if Itsuki and Rina confess to each other... Online... while Rina is using her SORO character
    I'd confess to SORO
    SORO can carry me on his shoulder during our wedding.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine