Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Daku View Post
    but to tget the best out of either weapon your building pure katana or bow.
    Actually, no there is no point going pure katana due to the plethora of leftover points you have with the relevant skills maxed. There is no reason to not run hybrid unless you're using BrGu for a bossing eq/TD4.

@ElegantTofu Ah, that'll be nice to note then. I am looking into making an s-atker next with my 3rd character so the note is appreciated.

@munekun I personally run a BrRa, often hitting 600k~1m banishing arrows on EQ bosses with a good banish combo. I often resort to Chase Arrow->Banish->Charged Penetratng Arrow->Uncharged until banish explodes for most scenarios. There are other combos for banishing that involve either spamming Master Shot (Point Blank versus stunned bosses), Chase->nemesis.(Long Range, Rapid Shot on cooldown)

I do plan to level gunner as a sub for when I'm running a team MPA for quick magatsu kills however, Chain trigger due to it's nature well have you picking party members based on the PAs they can use to help build your CT. Do note I mean your 'party', not an entire MPA) which can make BrGu 'incompatible or inefficient' depending on your party. Hypothetically this combination will be stronger if you consistantly play with the same party setup often... I'd still setup a Br/Ra for when that isn't the event.

TL;DR Build a Br/Ra first for reliability, then make a BrGu if you can get good CT and get a great party for CT building.

@milranduil
    I guess I can see that being a point... against pure katana(Where even then I could use leftover points for free s-atk) But as Br/Ra built for pure bow I'm often top 5 in my team MPAs (Top 3 in a pug) for magatsu in a damage parser. I do plan as mentioned above to switch that out for BrGu once Gu is leveled.

can I see a skill tree build for a Br/Gu and Br/Ra?
    Check out my channel:XbikXBd
    X360/JP
    Bd 180 Beast/ グリード Beast 180
    BD 180 Cast/Elie Neuman 108
    Elie 180 Neuman/ランファン Human
    Escalus 180 Human/Aigis Cast 111

Quote Originally Posted by munekun View Post
    I hate to say It but all of these comments are actually making It harder to choose! If you had to play a pure bow braver yourself which would YOU choose?
    Br/Ra for more damage against bosses

Br/Hu for damage,mobbing with Katana,75% chance of not dying then invulnerability after in hunter tree,100% not flinching from attacks for 45 seconds from hunter tree,Or automatically useing a monomate when your hp is low in hunter tree,Leveling up Hunter so it can be a subclass used later in Fighter,Katana Braver,Dual Blade Bouncer,Ranger,sometimes Gunner,sometimes Techer

honestly you could get away with katana as Br/Ra if you had a 13* katana
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    honestly you could get away with katana as Br/Ra if you had a 13* katana
    Thing is though, the guy asked for a "Pure" Bow idea.... as in no katana. The guy asked for a idea on what he should pick as a sub for pure bow, something perfectly viable even without BrGu... and people come into the topic trying to say br/hu because you 'have no reason to go pure'. Also launcher is better for mobbing as Br/Ra than katana for Cluster and Divine.

You get 3 character slots now flat even if you delete chars... you can make one for those mook EQs... and if you have real money to spare you can buy additional trees/mags for a single character if you insist.

There are also many times even a hybrid braver wouldn't pull out one or the other weapon, including boss eqs that are a majority of what you'll be running end game. Namely magatsu/profound/elder+loser... all being scenarios you will not use that katana since even with a hybrid build and kamikaze arrow cannot take full advantage of banishing arrow(A strike against BrHu) and tritt shoot will also have difficulties managing this while demanding you jump right up to the weakpoint. (Impossible in the case of loser's head, penetrating/master shot spam win in many other scenarios as well.)

A pure bow braver running BrRa more or less cuts out the fat(The katana) by decreasing your ability to mook, Something not often done end game if I had to be honest. In exchange for sheer bossing power that is easier to run in a pug as BrGu is reliant on a good team... this is to say BrGu can do miserably in a pug despite being a god of an organized run.

And really despite Br/Ra being 'poor' at mobbing as I have stressed I get through just fine outside of XH by using million arrow just about anywhere for FQs/DOs/SH in general. In XH/UQ I do suffer a bit, nothing cluster bullet/divine launcher don't fix however.

Also I can't post links yet till I have 10 links so a skillbuild link is gonna have to hold up a bit....
    Last edited by Daku; Apr 13, 2016 at 02:06 PM.