Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Chasing after the carrot is indeed fun, the effort/reward concept of MMOs is why people play it, the issue with PSO2 is that the carrot doesn't really do anything (except 1% higher numbers or whatever) and chasing after carrots never constitutes anything different. You cannot "spice up" or "optimise" your hunts, there's nothing in control of the player, especially with lol time-gating.

I'm tired of bringing it up but I feel PSO1 did the carrot hunt right. Everything was unique enough so once you got your carrot it brought something to the table to help you hunt more carrots or "play the game better" (so to speak), and if you got bored of doing X for your carrot, you could go do Y instead. This simply does not exist in PSO2, and there's usually only ever 1 or 2 carrots to chase after as well, which are conveniently locked behind time-gates or content which requires 12 players, which is an issue if you come "late". 12-player should be incentivized but never feel necessary, imo.

Yeah, I get that in terms of what we got from the rewards for whatever next hunt we'll be doing. Things are kinda individualized and unrelated from one to another.

Hm , removing timegating in the absence of an EQ system I guess would still mitigate the feeling of "being screwed because I don't know enough people'. It's not so much "organized MPAs get 15 times the runs I can get" insomuch as "I only get to do 2 runs in this 30 minute window because I have the misfortune of ending up in groups with too many poorly geared people or people who don't know what they're doing". That problem would ALSO be mitigated somewhat, as people would have more opportunities to learn the damn quest.

Should say I have no issue with organised MPAs being more rewarding than pugging, it's just I can understand the salt within the constraints of the EQ system as it is. Removing the EQ system and letting you play those quests when you want still leaves significant issues of its own, however (especially with how rewarding they are compared to other content). I don't think there's an easy solution...

Not talking about the carrots here as that's got its own library of issues. PSO's main strength in its gear was many items had interesting/useful qualities to them where almost every weapon in PSO2 is completely useless.
    Last edited by Raujinn; May 13, 2016 at 09:03 AM.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Chasing after the carrot is indeed fun, the effort/reward concept of MMOs is why people play it, the issue with PSO2 is that the carrot doesn't really do anything (except 1% higher numbers or whatever) and chasing after carrots never constitutes anything different. You cannot "spice up" or "optimise" your hunts, there's nothing in control of the player, especially with lol time-gating.

I'm tired of bringing it up but I feel PSO1 did the carrot hunt right. Everything was unique enough so once you got your carrot it brought something to the table to help you hunt more carrots or "play the game better" (so to speak), and if you got bored of doing X for your carrot, you could go do Y instead. This simply does not exist in PSO2, and there's usually only ever 1 or 2 carrots to chase after as well, which are conveniently locked behind time-gates or content which requires 12 players, which is an issue if you come "late". 12-player should be incentivized but never feel necessary, imo.
    This oh so much. I always hunted all my gear in PSO1. In PSO2 I can't even farm my Austere or Orbit because I can rarely play PD and TD4 due to scheduled only. It kills almost all the fun in the game for me. I still haven't found a Dagger of Serafi either despite running every EQ that spawns Double with max RDR. This game just keeps kicking me in the nuts. All I do is complain to friends about how much bs this games RNG and EQ system is.

Heck it just comes to the point I want tradeable 13* so I can buy them from the playershop cause I won't ever find stuff anyway. Two days ago I found my first 13* WEAPON (not egg or candy, those don't count) since the Gal LQ LAST YEAR. That's a whooping 8? months without finding a frigging 13* at all. On PSO1 if I played that long I had a full character storage of rares, most even good ones too.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Yeah the fact that people's progression is essentially held hostage by sega's schedule is one of the worst things about the EQ system as it is. There's got to be a better way to do this.

1 month and 14 day . i believe everyone can make 60 element from yamato eq no need to pressure yourself :/

That's not really relevant. I don't disagree by the way, I feel the Yamato weapon grind is probably one of the most reasonable they've done (you need what, 12 EQ sessions to get a 60%? I cant think of another one where you can get it in that few. Still a pretty tall order if the schedule isn't convenient for you though!). But yeah, that's not the point.

I believe the main grievance I'm seeing is that people feel like they can't just play PSO2 when they're in the mood for PSO2. Because if you play like that, you make potentially zero progression. So it's log in when there's an EQ you want or don't play at all. This sound accurate? Like wouldn't it be nice to play PSO2 when you fancy it and not feel like you're completely wasting your time because progression only happens when they say so?
    Last edited by Raujinn; May 13, 2016 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Breaking log-in record doesn't mean much.
    Thatīs the problem they keep saying that the game is having log in records in EQ and false advertise the game when the majority of the times its dead.

And thatīs really what SEGA doesn't see or doesn't even care because at the end of the day they just want the $ at the scratch days...

I think its not about making PSO2 the most "fun game" nowadays i think its stretching it the most and reusing the existing content over an over again since its cheaper and faster that way and trying to sell the most merchandise they can (the last live was basically that...).

CM its fun but they totally ignored it only 2 maps, ultimate quest only 2 maps once again, crafting PA system barely added anything there etc they basically dont care about updating they're old content...

At the Road map there is still the “New Experience Field Gimmick". in it i wonder if that “New Experience Field Gimmick" its what they think will save the game, i seriously hope so....

Great, now I got the wall bug.
    Sounded like a lot of people are getting it.

I suppose SEGA hasn't acknowledged it yet?
    Edit: Apparently they have, but not worth an emergency maintenance huh.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 13, 2016 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Great, now I got the wall bug.
    Sounded like a lot of people are getting it.

I suppose SEGA hasn't acknowledged it yet?
    I think they said they knew the problem but they didn't announce an Emergency Maintenance to fix it.
    Maybe they will fix next maintenance.