Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

After solving a lot of SLI problems, I finally obtained a 4K monitor. Here is a screenshot of running 3840 x 2160 @ x4 MSAA.

Gracefulness
    Spoiler!

Gravity!
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sayara; May 16, 2016 at 09:43 AM. Reason: a tag was missing, so i fixed it.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

I finally was able to take care of this one If EP4 had any actual challenge that would be this music, both the non-battle and battle version were pretty hard to figure out, especially with the special touches i've added

Reposting this one if you missed it 2 months ago xD

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Spoiler!

A boy and his beast.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    After solving a lot of SLI problems, I finally obtained a 4K monitor. Here is a screenshot of running 3840 x 2160 @ x4 MSAA.

Gracefulness
    Daaaaaaaaaamn, looks so smooth. Is your desktop resolution 90 degrees counter clockwise but screen and game setup different and that's why the PSO2 watermark appears to be sideways? Also, couldn't help but wonder, do you get to choose your section ID when/if you get a Ragol Memories set? Or are they all purplenum

Trigger Warning: Bo/Su
    Spoiler!

Finally found this track. Figured I'd post it here in case anyone else wants it:

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Finally found this track. Figured I'd post it here in case anyone else wants it:

?PSO2????????????????? - YouTube
    I apologize for nitpicking, but this is actually the very first track on the third disc of the Volume 4 OST.

Anyways, yeah. Sorry for being such a smartass, I'll just leave now.

Spoiler!

I'm not sure what the point of pointing that out was. Finding the track without knowing the name of it was still a challenge either way.

Quote Originally Posted by BWS-1 View Post
    Daaaaaaaaaamn, looks so smooth. Is your desktop resolution 90 degrees counter clockwise but screen and game setup different and that's why the PSO2 watermark appears to be sideways? Also, couldn't help but wonder, do you get to choose your section ID when/if you get a Ragol Memories set? Or are they all purplenum
    What happens is that I play the game at 3840x2160.

What I did was that I went to the camera angle viewpoints and I rotated a full 90 degrees. I set the camera in that fashion.

From here there is the easy way of taking the screenshot and the hard way:

The Easy Way:

1) Turn on a capture program at either 30 or 60 Frames Per Second and record the entire PA Cycle or Attack Cycle uncompressed.
    2) Using a Video Editor or anything that can break down videos into their frames, look for the screenshot that you like and save that frame under a lossless format.
    3) Open up Paint or Photoshop and Rotate the Shot 90 degrees to get a more portrait shot instead of a landscape shot.
    4) Save the screenshot as a JPG or PNG for uploading to the web.

The Hard Way:

1) Commit the Action you are doing and start taking a lot of screenshot.. literally hammer on Print-Screen.
    2) Hoping you get the shot that you want, find the screenshot you took....if its good, open it with paint or photoshop and rotate it 90 degrees and Save it.
    3) Upload as a JPG or PNG.

The reason why I use Photoshop or paint is because if in Windows 10 a shot is rotated, all what happens is an entry is made to a header file somewhere that the shot was modified by rotation. When uploaded, it will not have that data and appear as a normal, unrotated shot.....

The New Way:

1) Buy a Monitor that can be turned and actually swap the Height/Width Resolution numbers around through making a profile.
    2) Have the option appear on Tweaker or whatever you use to play PSO-2

Now you can just log-in and you are ready for doing Portrait Shots without having to do too much camera work.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Intentions:

When a screenshot of extreme resolution exists, the point is to take the screenshot and save it on your hard drive or solid state drive and then see the shot through your monitor. You will notice the detail and quality through there.

The 1080P Dilemma:

These shots will appear "blown up" if seen on 4K monitors, but its amazing how weak they actually look compare to the 4K shots. The problem with a lot of graphic settings is that many monitors that were 1080P LCDs could only display 24-bit color (16.7 million colors) made from 256 samples of Red, Blue, and Green.

However at the height of CRTs, the 10-bit CRT came out and I owned one of two major models capable of producing 1024 samples. This allowed me to see Crysis, and TES IV Oblivion perfectly... and watch them crush my framerates too...

Then LCDs started to come out and the first two generations did not even display 24 bits of color. The Specs would lie and say "Up to 16.7 million" which meant that it was actually lower due to a technological design flaw. Then a tech conference came about how 4K was going to be made and they were able to put in 10-bit color naturally.

There are some games that use advanced Light. Some maps in PSO-2 use this lighting effects and what happens is that the programs that bring those out into the open attempt to go "between" bits. basically they will take two sets of sample...one grayscale and one color sample to simulate the HDR Color in an 8-bit monitor which would cause the video card to take a performance hit as large as Anti Aliasing. Then add to the fact that to get those killer games to work well we had to actually be running AA already to active other features back then...your framerate would go straight into the mud.

That very same problem actually caused incompatibilities. Each video card had to have its own implementation of making HDR work, and it was pandemonium that it halted a lot of development. Today, though there are games that use the 10-bit scheme and we see it through the way Night/Day cycles work with their lighting.

If you see the screenshots with your 1080P monitors that do not support the colors....they will guess and estimate colors for you when you see them. Emulating more colors than what one had lead to problems and there wasn't enough bandwidth and error correction to go around... ...hence the problem. (Aside from all the others)

True 4K vs 4K DSR:

DSR was something that came out like a Dream Come True to many people and I wanted to accept the idea that I could accept it. I wanted to believe it was something nice to tie us over until 4K monitors and their specifications came to being...and for a time I did, but after spending the last day looking over my 4K screenshots that came from 4K DSR and comparing them to true 4K....and watching them on pure 4K...

I have a whole list of errors that make me bang my head on my desk for being such an utter and idiotic moron. What is worse is that in my intelligence and in my mind... I knew I was right while all the fanboys kept giving me their discussions. What is worse than a moron and an idiot? A moron who is brought down by other clueless morons to accept something that appears to be good out of "compassion." I even felt I should sacrifice honesty for compassion as its something I hardly ever do because people were clinging on to hope of making the next super-high resolution screenshot...

Comparing these screenshots on my 4K monitor really proves how much I dropped the ball by not doing the decent thing and right thing and keep to my guns and sent the entire lot to hell.

I guess the same rule applies to the internet.
    You are cool when you agree with the mindless morons everywhere on what is "collectively right" and you are satan's right-hand when an ounce of intelligence shows to counter the one-ounce of faith that is serving as the thread of hope..

Shit like this makes me angry....

This 4K monitor was given to me as a Birthday present. I was able to select the monitor and I found an amazing one after researching it for a while. This present came from my mother, and even though she directly didn't teach it to me, mothers have the ability (especially teachers who are mothers too) to even through a gift, regardless any faith or intelligence one has.... to passively be able to teach someone Right from Wrong...

...and that was the best present ever...

That I was finally able to answer and close a six-month long Resolution/Graphics Puzzle and the Monitor itself visually showed me what I was able to transform into math which translated to learning Right from Wrong.
    Last edited by Keilyn; May 16, 2016 at 10:41 PM.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"