Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Yamato weapons could be decent depending on how the potential works. Does the 15% bonus stay active until you change weapons, load a new area?

AIS weapons look quite bad...

Glad to see the four new Seiga weapons will have the same potential as the sword and launcher - definitely getting the double sabre.
    I just want the ARKS Immense Sword for looks.
    And either way the potential is beyond retarded, it's Sega's desperate attempt to add something new and shiny for its own sake and not cause it makes any kind of sense.
    No one in Sega sits down and does some math and then decides with the game's current balance it's necessary that pp refill gets reduced and you need 15 kills for the full damage and crit increase. Rather someone has an idea while on the crapper and thinks making a funky conditional potential will make people play some more cause it requires a lot getting used to and people will want to experiment...if at all, the actually more likely is that his thoughts stopped at the funky part and he didn't even think about whether it makes people play more or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sparab View Post
    1060(50)3 is what JP used to describe a fully upgrade weapon. I have seen many players with +10 60 element *13 with no potential, which makes me wonder if they don't know how the potential system works.

NT weapons solved such issue as you are forced to unlock potentials during upgrade process. But NT10200 is a thing.
    That's just being lazy. A 13* at full element is still pretty strong. While it makes a big difference for some weapons, others are almost the same.
    Some xie weapons get a tiny 6% pp reduction and a pointless 3% dmg increase from pot3. Even Invade only gets 5-6% damage increase.
    And a 10600 13* is still vastly preferable to a crappy 11* or non max ele 13*.
    For example, Ares Katana without pot is still 12% stronger than Beurayearl pot 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I like less reasons to spend money on upgrades as well. I'd like austere to be the best for at least another 6 months.
    I am still waiting for Guren and especially Shouren. Shouren with tier 6 graphics will be nothing short of glorious.
    I just hope it has a good potential.
    Or maybe Sega will just turn it into another camo :v

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Eh, I'm more than happy seeing someone with 10501 Red weapon and 60 atk affixes. Got something better? Good for you.

Just here with the math, though.
    Yeah. As I said before, the gap between decent and really good is far smaller than the gap between crap and decent.
    If someone does 20k damage per pa or 25k is not that much of a difference. It only is a real difference if that is 5k per pa.

Also, default affix +10 Ideal units are nice. People don't die like flies with them and that is more important than a bit more damage.
    With people like that I can at least finish TD4 even if it's C rank but when people use crap gear all I see is a bunch of corpses around broken towers.

BTW for the whole austere vs Ideal matter we could actually just say both are strong and more or less the same vs bosses, but vs mobs austere has a big advantage. And a very large part of the game is mobbing. Infact ideal is so weak vs mobbing that it has notably less damage than Invade +0.
    At least for knuckles.

Shit/Lazy tier equipment, in most cases, reflects the user has little to no knowledge of this game. Thus, you may not expect a flat 60 attack difference between someone with proper affixed saiki and default ideal units.

In the earlier PD I saw someone did 34k total damage...which was nearly 100 times difference from average players. And he wasn't AFK

That was obviously not cause of units.
    Units even with good atk should be a ~15% damage difference (considering ~500 atk from units).
    So even with like 150 atk on the units it still would have been <40k.
    The main difference must have been crappy build (like Guard Stance hu) and a crappy weapon like 20 element 13* without potential.

I've seen someone deal ~700 per hit with Bullet Squall despite using 130 atk Saikis and a 150atk Orbit tmg with Urgent Maneuver 1 at 3.
    Last edited by Achelousaurus; May 9, 2016 at 06:05 AM.

Did anyone mention the latents of the Quartz fists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

My last post in this topic..

People who fail to understand Applied Fifth Grade Mathematics, and reply through opinion rather than fact, do not deserve a shred of my time or energy; nor do they deserve a shred of consideration from anyone in the professional world.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    I just want the ARKS Immense Sword for looks.
    And either way the potential is beyond retarded, it's Sega's desperate attempt to add something new and shiny for its own sake and not cause it makes any kind of sense.
    No one in Sega sits down and does some math and then decides with the game's current balance it's necessary that pp refill gets reduced and you need 15 kills for the full damage and crit increase. Rather someone has an idea while on the crapper and thinks making a funky conditional potential will make people play some more cause it requires a lot getting used to and people will want to experiment...if at all, the actually more likely is that his thoughts stopped at the funky part and he didn't even think about whether it makes people play more or not.

That's just being lazy. A 13* at full element is still pretty strong. While it makes a big difference for some weapons, others are almost the same.
    Some xie weapons get a tiny 6% pp reduction and a pointless 3% dmg increase from pot3. Even Invade only gets 5-6% damage increase.
    And a 10600 13* is still vastly preferable to a crappy 11* or non max ele 13*.
    For example, Ares Katana without pot is still 12% stronger than Beurayearl pot 3.

I am still waiting for Guren and especially Shouren. Shouren with tier 6 graphics will be nothing short of glorious.
    I just hope it has a good potential.
    Or maybe Sega will just turn it into another camo :v

Yeah. As I said before, the gap between decent and really good is far smaller than the gap between crap and decent.
    If someone does 20k damage per pa or 25k is not that much of a difference. It only is a real difference if that is 5k per pa.

Also, default affix +10 Ideal units are nice. People don't die like flies with them and that is more important than a bit more damage.
    With people like that I can at least finish TD4 even if it's C rank but when people use crap gear all I see is a bunch of corpses around broken towers.

BTW for the whole austere vs Ideal matter we could actually just say both are strong and more or less the same vs bosses, but vs mobs austere has a big advantage. And a very large part of the game is mobbing. Infact ideal is so weak vs mobbing that it has notably less damage than Invade +0.
    At least for knuckles.
    You got confused there son, yamato is one thing and AIS is another thing.

Yamato requries 15 kills to get max damage.

AIS nerfs pp regen by 10% + boosts crit and damage by 10% + has the same attack power as an austere weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post

People who fail to understand Applied Fifth Grade Mathematics, and reply through opinion rather than fact, do not deserve a shred of my time or energy; nor do they deserve a shred of consideration from anyone in the professional world.
    Good, unless you want to come back to math this away:

Katana comparison

http://4rt.info/psod/?rDZYc

Dagger comparison

http://4rt.info/psod/?4W5z2

Added 90 stk to barehand to simulate ideal 4 set bonus advantage over saiki.

Like bel and I both said, low atk weapons can benefit more from ideal, and you ran numbers for the LOWEST base atk weapon category in the game; daggers!

Whether or not your numbers are accurate is one thing. The only thing you've proven is how narrow you chose to see things by testing ONE weapon category, in the hands of ONE class combo, for ONE specific application, ignore/marginalize the advantages outside of said application, and used the advantages of that specific class combo as grounds to ignore another advantage of austere, and decide austere is crap across the board, which is your opinion, and an inaccurate blanket statement.

No one would take YOU seriously in a professional setting for the amount of convenient omission you used to make point.

Yes, ideal is better than austere... for 1-2 specific weapon categories, against bosses only, and if you ignore every advantage austere has! That is literally what your conclusion is. For all of your knowledge on the game's calculations, and algebra, you're an idiot. This is why I, or anyone else haven't bothered to respond to you with walls of math!
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; May 10, 2016 at 04:48 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Matoi's Number One Fan Losvaize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post

Someone already replied with what I wanted to say but I had went through the trouble of making this so I'm gonna put it up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Losvaize View Post
    Someone already replied with what I wanted to say but I had went through the trouble of making this so I'm gonna put it up anyway.
    You cut off the class bonuses. Did you turn on 1pt Rare Mastery, Crazy Beat and Deadline? Why only 60 ATK affixes and why is barehanded ATK left at default?

Matoi's Number One Fan Losvaize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    You cut off the class bonuses. Did you turn on 1pt Rare Mastery, Crazy Beat and Deadline? Why only 60 ATK affixes and why is barehanded ATK left at default?
    The whole point was to just show base differences between the two weapons. Even before factoring any of those extra skills, which would be applied to both sides equally, you can see the difference between the two weapons. The variance between the two would be larger as the numbers increase but the point is to show the difference between the two weapons to prove the point that austere is stronger than ideal EVEN against bosses. Yes technically with ideal set you can push slightly higher numbers than austere against bosses only, but as I said in the image you lose lots of quality of life stuff from running full ideal set that austere plus saiki would give you in return.