Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I remember PSU management, we got Episode 2 and 3 with its full content with a few months of delay, we did not get post PSP2i added content and famitsu&co weapons collabs, as I see it, we got everything the game was supposed to deliver first day+expansion, then moved to Portable games, in Japan they added more stuff and free to play model after that but for me the game had already run its course, I would repeat that experience with any other game any time.
    I won't deny that at least SoA deliver the contents of the core game to its conclusions.
    But the management is......well.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Your signature image was 1,022px × 328px. Signature images are limited to a combined total of 600 pixels in width, 180 pixels in height, and 50,000 bytes in filesize.
    I play on Ship 2 and the name of my character is Cryska, feel free to send a friend request.

Quote Originally Posted by a silver king View Post
    we got the suplemental update with only 23mb of files like 1+ year after jp, then started getting reskined weapons. and ended up almost 2 years behind jp in content at the end.
    no idea how you think suplimental was a "few months behind" along with it having a fraction of the weapons that it should have.
    As I said, for me that was beyond the game's initial course, I got the end of the story, I got the quests and events that linked to the portable games, and I moved on, if I had been playing the Japanese server, I would have moved on as well since that kind of content was really not my thing, or it was already on PSP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Blade & Soul's story changes are not censorship. Again, localization changes =/= censorship.

Sick of people crying "CENSORSHIP!!!" at any little change that's done to appease market demographics rather than ACTUAL FUCKING CENSORSHIP which is a real problem that actually happens but loses its luster when you cry censorship at EVERYTHING.

It's like the boy who cried wolf. Do it too many fucking times and no one takes you seriously anymore. And that's a goddamn sham.
    Uh, I'm pretty sure censorship in all regards isn't taken as a joke, be it video games or...whatever else you're talking about. I don't know of any situation that has been taken less seriously because I decide to say, "Hey, I really wish you'd stop stripping the games I play of important/interesting dialogue to a appease a demographic who couldn't care less about playing the game anyway." Censorship comes in all different shapes and sizes. Your "boy who cried wolf" stuff is of no relevance to me neither, I don't know how many people you've seen complain about it calling it a problem, but anywhere I go, I find that the people who mind having content or dialogue cut vastly outnumbers those who don't.

But no, I guess it's okay to appease the demographic that probably don't even play whatever they're bitching about. I'm glad that you're fine having chunks of dialogue outright stripped from the game because some people get their jim jams rustled over video game characters because this isn't REEEEL CENSORSHIP.

Yes, I'm aware that censorsh--oh, I'm sorry, localization isn't anything new, it's been going on for decades, but it's just more obnoxious these days and in all honesty, I'd just like it to stop, but that's asking too much. But I'm not asking too much by saying don't outright cut features or entire paragraphs of dialogue, because that isn't fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    we need to stand and fight against ALL censorship, friend

it is our duty as human beings to fight this evil that is greater than isis, organized religion, or even donald trump's campaign to become ceo of america

Okay, what? Now this is silly. I never said my "legit concern" was anywhere as serious as any of those topics. I don't even know why you're bringing any of that shit in here, I'm talking about video games. Let's keep it that way, yeah?

EDIT: Actually, I'd really prefer if either of you have anything else to say, you should just PM me or whatever people do in these situations, because this stuff is derailing the main topic. Up to y'all.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; May 5, 2016 at 12:30 PM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

i look forward to pso2 as managed by nexon

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstarkirby View Post
    Uh, I'm pretty sure censorship in all regards isn't taken as a joke, be it video games or...whatever else you're talking about. I don't know of any situation that has been taken less seriously because I decide to say, "Hey, I really wish you'd stop stripping the games I play of important/interesting dialogue to a appease a demographic who couldn't care less about playing the game anyway." Censorship comes in all different shapes and sizes. Your "boy who cried wolf" stuff is of no relevance to me neither, I don't know how many people you've seen complain about it calling it a problem, but anywhere I go, I find that the people who mind having content or dialogue cut vastly outnumbers those who don't.

But no, I guess it's okay to appease the demographic that probably don't even play whatever they're bitching about. I'm glad that you're fine having chunks of dialogue outright stripped from the game because some people get their jim jams rustled over video game characters because this isn't REEEEL CENSORSHIP.

Yes, I'm aware that censorsh--oh, I'm sorry, localization isn't anything new, it's been going on for decades, but it's just more obnoxious these days and in all honesty, I'd just like it to stop, but that's asking too much. But I'm not asking too much by saying don't outright cut features or entire paragraphs of dialogue, because that isn't fine.

Okay, what? Now this is silly. I never said my "legit concern" was anywhere as serious as any of those topics. I don't even know why you're bringing any of that shit in here, I'm talking about video games. Let's keep it that way, yeah?

EDIT: Actually, I'd really prefer if either of you have anything else to say, you should just PM me or whatever people do in these situations, because this stuff is derailing the main topic. Up to y'all.
    it was intentionally over the top and ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    They can't do that because that would infringe all the collaboration contracts they have signed and paid in the last 4 years, they are only allowed to use that content in Japan, "opening" the server would mean new contracts, and more money, this is the ONE solution they will never do. Period.

And seriously, people that has waited 4 years, do you people think they care if the game is outdated?? if it was for me, PSO2 WITHOUT episode 4 is a better game than with it LOL
    Wrongo.
    If that was the case then none of those contracts would be valid, because we exist and we play the game. And there's nothing in the ToS that prevents us from doing so.
    Same would apply to a Japanese person who moved abroad. They aren't suddenly not allowed to play.
    What sort of contract limits the country a piece of content introduced into a game that can be played in almost any country?
    At most the contract would limit the version of the game that the content can be in. Which means my solution still stands, as we would be playing the Japanese version of the game, just with an official English language option.

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    it was intentionally over the top and ridiculous
    I'm sorry, I'm very bad at telling when people are joking or not, second time I've made that mistake here.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

People fail to recognize the differences between censorship and localization.

Editing content due to make it compatible with a region is not censorship as long as national borders exist. Localization allows users to have national representation when it comes to a product released in their borders. Foreign Localization is a lot easier than Alien Localization.

(Definitions, Foreign vs Alien)

Take the United States. We have 50 states, meaning 50 capital cities where 50 state governments reside. If a company is started in Massachusetts and Products are released to Massachusetts Citizens, then such a company is known as as Domestic Company. If a Company is started in New York, but a Branch opens up in Massachusetts; Both states fall under the Federal Government of the U.S but different state Government, that is called a Foreign Business. If a Software Package is made in Japan and then brought to the United States; both governments are not in each other's territory, that is called an Alien Business.

In the case of PSO-2, we went to PSO-2 as Aliens, and without permission. Legally be it cruel and punishment, we actually do not have any rights outside the International Circuit Court, and whatever can be handled by Embassies. International Incidents mostly deal with such a thing as extradition rights and priorities work differently when it comes to Illegal Aliens committing crimes.

Localization requires compliance with laws which exist in state and federal laws.

The reason why a lot of editing of anime exists is not "Japan's fault." The editing exists because of the laws that exist. Editing content for nudity, eliminating deaths of children or eliminating entire character stories because of it unfortunately is not Censorship. Its actually compliance with laws. If a problem exists in a law, go out there and change it instead of complaining about it. I make a mention simply because a lot of people online love to complain from the comfort of their own chairs, but the U.S itself has a Justice System that has Laws based on Interpretation which is actually a two-way street. It is because of Interpretation that the U.S Justice System has done more for average people through case-law than the Legislative Branch of the Government.

In the U.S, Black People got the Right to Vote before women did. That is a known fact, and an example. However, it was a case that began in Texas against a State Law that developed into Roe Vs Wade. However years before that, Brown vs The Board of Education caused the end of Segregated Schools, and as a response and fear of white people having to actually share space with black people; the result was a lot of private schools opened up that went up against the public school system where white elites and teachers enrolled into. The schools said that they do not need to answer to the government because they were private. A case-law was established when a Diner was sued on a matter of being Private and more Independent. The Diner lost their case under the ground that "If one accepts or earns money from the Public Domain in any form, or the Public Domain directly is involved in a majority share of projection and profit of a private or independent domain, such an establishment is liable to the Justice of the Public.

Localization takes case-law into account and violence in media content has always been a major issue.

Now, if you want Censorship....
    Go back to the Cold War Era where our government banned the publishing of books and arrested writers for not being patriotic. For those historians and older people in the forums.. Remember wearing Gas Masks and then being pulled by Government Agents and being asked "Have you, or anyone you know ever served, or been party to the Communist Party?"

The three Nations responsible for practicing the greatest amount of censorship of material given to their citizens in the world are China, England, and The United States. I remember where in some cities in the United States refused to allow "The Sound of Music" to be performed in present day because it had Nazis, Swastikas, and a character saying "Hail Hitler." Now that is REAL censorship...

How about writing anti-government lyrics, and being arrested for sedition and having a recording studio rewrite your lyrics and music, releasing it with the message stripped from the song without your permission out of fear of governmental reprisal? That is a common in China.

If people wish for censorship to end in the U.S, they have to kindly allow people to grow up and truly be accepting of others to the point that they are willing to accept a complete story or product without alteration and be ok with it. As long as people everywhere have their "might makes rights" opinions mixed with power-based mentality, the opinions of the few will cause the censure of the masses.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

meh

JP > NA

PSO2 NA can suck my loli balls