Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkDV View Post
    I happen to be the one that tweeted that to them, and got mentioned in their video! Haha. The reason I want a western release is because its pure. EVERYTHING in the game will be english, you don't have to screw around and patch it and stuff. I don't think Sega would have made ANY mention of the game yesterday if they had no intent of bringing it west. They hadn't said a word about it in about 2 years, and if they wanted people to forget it ever happened they would never say a word about it again, not make a big public statement. Plus, I think the game coming to PS4 is a clue it may come to the West, as we have tens of millions of PS4s, way more than Japan has. And just like the Valkyria Remaster, I believe it was Sega's intent to make that a safe way of localizing a game. With Sony's building the list initiative that got us the likes of Shenmue 3 and Yakuza 5 and 0, I don't see how this is any different. I have tweeted Gio Corsi (Localization director for Playstation) and he is aware that we all want it here. If Sega is working "behind the scenes" as Dan said in the video then this could very well be it. There was rumors that Sega Japan had a deal with SEA that the game couldn't be released on PC any where else for an untold amount of time, but bringing it to PS4 would bypass this entirely. That's my two cents.
    You go ahead and play a version with content that's a year behind. I'll still be here enjoying the exact same game with updated content. You do realize if sega DOES make an NA version, they won't put hardly any effort into it. it happened with every other phantasy star. Just stop dreaming, and enjoy the game as it is.

I'm sure if the west gets it, it'll be a completely outdated version. But, please don't say it'll be as bad as SEA version. SEA anything is the worst of the worst of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by IMACOP View Post
    I'm sure if the west gets it, it'll be a completely outdated version. But, please don't say it'll be as bad as SEA version. SEA anything is the worst of the worst of the worst.
    I'll just sit back and enjoy if they decided to implement compgacha just like the rest since it's still not inside Japan.

Though, good for you if there's a US law preventing that, I guess.

"Solution".
    Doesn't sound like they're 'bringing it' to the west, more like they're looking into ways to officially welcome Western players to the Japanese version of PSO2, like perhaps offering in-game language options (like how more recent Pokemon releases offer every single language option, regardless of what region you buy it in).
    Which really, that's what they SHOULD do. They should know full well that none of us will move to a Western PSO2 server, and they also should know the backlash they'll receive if they try to block western IPs should they release a Western version in an attempt to force us to play it (I'm a Whale, I'd be MEGA pissed). If they don't know these, then they have absolutely no connection to their player base.

Just get some tiny localization team in SEGA NA or SEGA EU to translate the game, if a handful of dedicated fans can do it for free I'm sure they can pay minimum wage to some newbie employees to translate the game's text. Then offer an English website and the ability to officially make an account (like using a western address, with the ability to change your address and settings if you're already a Westerner playing with false details) and slap a big warning that THE SERVERS ARE IN JAPAN, THUS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE LAG AND CONNECTION ISSUES.

Done. PSO2 is now "solved" for the west for minimum muns and SEGA gets to rape a couple more wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    "Solution".
    Doesn't sound like they're 'bringing it' to the west, more like they're looking into ways to officially welcome Western players to the Japanese version of PSO2, like perhaps offering in-game language options (like how more recent Pokemon releases offer every single language option, regardless of what region you buy it in).
    Which really, that's what they SHOULD do. They should know full well that none of us will move to a Western PSO2 server, and they also should know the backlash they'll receive if they try to block western IPs should they release a Western version in an attempt to force us to play it (I'm a Whale, I'd be MEGA pissed). If they don't know these, then they have absolutely no connection to their player base.

Just get some tiny localization team in SEGA NA or SEGA EU to translate the game, if a handful of dedicated fans can do it for free I'm sure they can pay minimum wage to some newbie employees to translate the game's text. Then offer an English website and the ability to officially make an account (like using a western address) and slap a big warning that THE SERVERS ARE IN JAPAN, THUS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE LAG AND CONNECTION ISSUES.

Done. PSO2 is now "solved" for the west for minimum muns and SEGA gets to rape a couple more wallets.
    They can't do that because that would infringe all the collaboration contracts they have signed and paid in the last 4 years, they are only allowed to use that content in Japan, "opening" the server would mean new contracts, and more money, this is the ONE solution they will never do. Period.

And seriously, people that has waited 4 years, do you people think they care if the game is outdated?? if it was for me, PSO2 WITHOUT episode 4 is a better game than with it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    "Solution".

Just get some tiny localization team in SEGA NA or SEGA EU to translate the game, if a handful of dedicated fans can do it for free I'm sure they can pay minimum wage to some newbie employees to translate the game's text. Then offer an English website and the ability to officially make an account (like using a western address, with the ability to change your address and settings if you're already a Westerner playing with false details) and slap a big warning that THE SERVERS ARE IN JAPAN, THUS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE LAG AND CONNECTION ISSUES.

wow, the first post in this thread that actually makes logical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I want a US/EU version because it would probably be more fun than the JP version. The JP version is not fun, it might be more updated but that doesn't make it a "better version", I feel it's getting far less enjoyable over time.
    That's nostalgia speaking for you buddy. The game wasn't any better back then, but it was new for you so everything seemed fresh and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I want a US/EU version because it would probably be more fun than the JP version. The JP version is not fun, it might be more updated but that doesn't make it a "better version", I feel it's getting far less enjoyable over time.

The guy who said people hardly play the JP is exactly right, by the way. There are no games up for people to join and nobody "just plays" the game and sits around waiting for EQs. There might be a lot of people on but that isn't synonymous with people actually playing and not idling. (though I can't imagine it'd be much different elsewhere honestly unless they overhauled the game in some aspects like western BDO did)

I'm agreeing with Z-0 on this and I think this is something people generally aren't taking into account while tumbling over each other to laugh at the "optimists". Given that the SEA version of the game was a significantly worse experience on the "P2W" scale (I'm not debating what is and isnt P2W. Everyone's standards are different there, however I am arguing that SEA is worse off than JP for this what with costume abilities, gacha complete prizes and AC Spend rankings...) and the game itself also had different balancing (not talking about class so much, enemies hit a lot stronger) plus a number of other changes.... What I'm saying is it's actually up in the air as to what changes might be made for the game and there's a real possibility (however slim) that the US version might actually be superior to the JP one.

Imagine for the sake of argument that the cash shop was even less imposing on the US one. Imagine if instead of Gacha you could directly buy from the AC catalogue? Imagine if shop trading was free? That item upgrading and affixing was a simpler much less convoluted system? Imagine if skill tree resets were free? Naturally I'm only suggesting things that would appeal TO ME (and theres plenty more) but what I'm saying is that a theoretical US version might actually be a more enjoyable experience to some people than the JP one. Naturally, even with all the changes that'd appeal to some for the rest they'd be happier remaining with JP and there's nothing wrong with that.

Of course a US is still never happening so all we can do is speculate.
    Last edited by Raujinn; May 5, 2016 at 08:13 AM.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    That's nostalgia speaking for you buddy. The game wasn't any better back then, but it was new for you so everything seemed fresh and exciting.
    not really. game was a lot better back when VHAQs was the most relevant content. You could actually buy/sell the most relevant gear (no falz 11/12* don't count those were non existent) so no more having that extremely rare item that you didn't want rot in your bank. You actually made meseta off of it. AQs is the closet we have to content I want in PSO2. Actual progression not running in circles and being 4 players.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    not really. game was a lot better back when VHAQs was the most relevant content. You could actually buy/sell the most relevant gear (no falz 11/12* don't count those were non existent) so no more having that extremely rare item that you didn't want rot in your bank. You actually made meseta off of it. AQs is the closet we have to content I want in PSO2. Actual progression not running in circles and being 4 players.
    Thank god you don't actually have to play a game if you don't like it.