Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seijass View Post
    Are you denying the existence of SEA TW TH or what

If so, although I kinda understand the sentiment, it won't. Old content and collabs licensing.
    SEA region PSO2 proves my point exactly.

However, still a different case. The SEA version is managed by Play Park, where as a western version would be managed by Sega of Europe and/or US. I can kind of see why the SEA version has older content, horrible translations, and bad economy due to that fact alone. I feel like most of those situations would happen in a western PSO2 release.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4394 View Post
    You go ahead and play a version with content that's a year behind. I'll still be here enjoying the exact same game with updated content. You do realize if sega DOES make an NA version, they won't put hardly any effort into it. it happened with every other phantasy star. Just stop dreaming, and enjoy the game as it is.
    I'd rather play the game as a lagging behind version that Sega doesn't care about than tinker with the JP version. I just want things to feel natural, forcing myself into the JP game when I can't speak a lick of Japanese is not a good way for me to enjoy the game. I'm either not playing it, or getting an official release.

I don't really see how a US/EU version would be more fun. It's still the same game.
    Lack of content is still lack of content. But don't worry, SEGA still has another 6 years of PSO2 planned.

I don't see how AQ is progression. It's the same as regular quest to me.
    Run around, kill stuff. Pick up loot. Bam, done.

I guess you guys get fun out of re-earning stuff all over again with new people or something.
    That kind of thing doesn't appeal to me.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 5, 2016 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    I'm agreeing with Z-0 on this and I think this is something people generally aren't taking into account while tumbling over each other to laugh at the "optimists". Given that the SEA version of the game was a significantly worse experience on the "P2W" scale (I'm not debating what is and isnt P2W. Everyone's standards are different there, however I am arguing that SEA is worse off than JP for this what with costume abilities, gacha complete prizes and AC Spend rankings...) and the game itself also had different balancing (not talking about class so much, enemies hit a lot stronger) plus a number of other changes.... What I'm saying is it's actually up in the air as to what changes might be made for the game and there's a real possibility (however slim) that the US version might actually be superior to the JP one.

Imagine for the sake of argument that the cash shop was even less imposing on the US one. Imagine if instead of Gacha you could directly buy from the AC catalogue? Imagine if shop trading was free? That item upgrading and affixing was a simpler much less convoluted system? Imagine if skill tree resets were free? Naturally I'm only suggesting things that would appeal TO ME (and theres plenty more) but what I'm saying is that a theoretical US version might actually be a more enjoyable experience to some people than the JP one. Naturally, even with all the changes that'd appeal to some for the rest they'd be happier remaining with JP and there's nothing wrong with that.

Of course a US is still never happening so all we can do is speculate.
    This is a very optimistic way of seeing it, and it "could" happen, the problem is... they will release the game, only a few thousand players will download (or buy) it, and they will stop supporting it because it will not be worth doing it. That's of course my totally made up guess, It is to expect that a multinational company like Sega has market studies to support their decisions... like making the same PR statement for the past 3 years with some changed words instead of saying they cancelled it long ago and have really no plans to bring it here.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkDV View Post
    I'd rather play the game as a lagging behind version that Sega doesn't care about than tinker with the JP version. I just want things to feel natural, forcing myself into the JP game when I can't speak a lick of Japanese is not a good way for me to enjoy the game. I'm either not playing it, or getting an official release.
    don't play then. I wouldn't hold your breath for this so called "NA release"

I just looked at that article and it's just a random guy on Twitter being super vague and inconclusive.
    There's no point if they're not going to show some solid evidence that it's confirmed.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I remember prior to Edward getting canned from SoA, he did mention that they were planning on doing changes to PSO2 for western audiences. Unfortunately we don't know what those changes were gonna be but its assumed to make the game less grindy if US PSP2 is any indication
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

I just looked at that article and it's just a random guy on Twitter being super vague and inconclusive.
    Could be anyone related to SEGA in any country saying the same thing. Doesn't mean anything.
    It's still the same situation as long as they don't show some solid evidence that it's confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    There's no point if they're not going to show some solid evidence that it's confirmed.
    The thing comes from Sega Europe's community manager, he answered that in the latest youtube video, the article just transcripts it. It's still some goon repeating PR stuff.

So much for the Japanophilia-attitude of the forums. Some person without evidence posts on twitter, and people here make a seven page thread about "nothing" but the glimmer of hope that something can "exist" as good as the original version so we can "leave Japan" and not "deal with their anti-westerner attitude....

I remember Phantasy Star Universe and the Error Code that meant their Login Server was down and if a player logged out, they wouldn't be able to log back in, so people kept their systems on for days to weeks to remain logged in, and there are people who never logged out outside of rebooting simply out of fear of those error codes..

...No thanks,
    Remember, that was a subscription based game that we had to pay for and got the short end of the stick each and everytime.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"